daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 2nd, 2010, 11:43 PM   #1
vicarious1
Mon Dieu c'est moi!

Likes (Received): 0

Visual Senses "Eye on Vancouver"

My long time friend creator of "Eyeonaukland" invited me to also post some of my photos showing my love for anything tall and erect in cities around the world.
As trained Fashion & Interior Designer, having lived, studied and worked in 13 countries since 3D CAD I started drifting towards Architectural Design.
I cant help walking with my head high, very high, too high sometimes till one day I may fall into an open manhole. We have some very pretty ones here in Vancouver the Winter 2010 Olympic City.
So here is the 1st (with permission, thanks) online franchise of " eyeon" a small extract of my 500Gb of photos bursting my hard drives for those who enjoy arm chair travel here. Enjoy!
They are stored at http://visualsenses.smugmug.com/Arch...43482166_qisau

Last edited by vicarious1; February 3rd, 2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Sydney teaching me how to link where I store my photos
vicarious1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2010, 04:15 AM   #2
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Welcome Darling post some pics for our perusal

Last edited by SYDNEY; February 9th, 2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:42 PM   #3
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

EDIT

Last edited by SYDNEY; February 3rd, 2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old February 4th, 2010, 05:12 AM   #4
ShawnOfTheDead
foggy frog

I hope this one is going to be regularly updated just like the Auckland threads Can't wait to see the pics
Old February 4th, 2010, 06:27 AM   #5
vicarious1
Mon Dieu c'est moi!

Hallo Shawn "Merci beaucoup" Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnOfTheDead View Post
I hope this one is going to be regularly updated just like the Auckland threads Can't wait to see the pics
I will try my best. Aaah Monaco j'adore! I love Yachts. Yachts Design and collect every shot I can get worldwide.
I spend if I recall correctly a "14 July" in Monaco, at the Sporting Club.
Dinner & Dance the open roof with firework. We stayed at the LOEWE Hotel, I would have rather stayed at something more Antique but they were all full.
We the moved on the Byblos Hotel in St Tropez by Helicopter.
The Riviera done in Style in the 80s those were the days. A bientot.
Old February 4th, 2010, 06:41 AM   #6
vicarious1
Mon Dieu c'est moi!

Vancouver & the Olympics or "The Beauty & the Beast"

Don't take me wrong I am not member of some anti Olympics movement:-)
But I feel I need to show & tell what the real impact of the Olympics on the tourist expected prettiness & beauty of Vancouver.
So here is some to taste and a bit of a "localized rant"
http://visualsenses.smugmug.com/Trav...76919666_WSyyx

Last edited by vicarious1; February 4th, 2010 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Learning the linking thing.
Old February 4th, 2010, 07:07 AM   #7
ShawnOfTheDead
foggy frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarious1 View Post
I will try my best. Aaah Monaco j'adore! I love Yachts. Yachts Design and collect every shot I can get worldwide.
I spend if I recall correctly a "14 July" in Monaco, at the Sporting Club.
Dinner & Dance the open roof with firework. We stayed at the LOEWE Hotel, I would have rather stayed at something more Antique but they were all full.
We the moved on the Byblos Hotel in St Tropez by Helicopter.
The Riviera done in Style in the 80s those were the days. A bientot.
Glad you enjoyed when you were here But sometimes Monaco (or Southern France generally) might be boring for a teenager like me
I have never been to Vancouver but I was in the Montréal last summer which I liked a lot and I assume Vancouver is no less than Montréal I'm planning to visit Canada this May again so I hope to see Vancouver this time
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #8
vicarious1
Mon Dieu c'est moi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnOfTheDead View Post
Glad you enjoyed when you were here But sometimes Monaco (or Southern France generally) might be boring for a teenager like me
Thank's for writing. Well better be bored with a MONACO passport that not bored with Canadian weather. Vancouver is NOT AT ALL like Montreal. But as you speak English you will be fine but "Vancouverites" can be pretty "upper lip stiff" if you get my drift.:-) Most our friends are foreigners of all back grounds.

What is it you study there? Where are your pictures I'd love to have a peek at the Monaco of "Maintenant". Any stunning yachts..although its early in the season. I have the pics of the futuristic " Habitable Lilypond" that were shown off the coast of Monaco in 3D. I am sure you have seen them.
You can escape to Italy with the train I loved the San Remo Music Festival there in Summer.
Old February 4th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #9
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244486

I will wait for those photos me too
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #10
ShawnOfTheDead
foggy frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarious1 View Post
Thank's for writing. Well better be bored with a MONACO passport that not bored with Canadian weather. Vancouver is NOT AT ALL like Montreal. But as you speak English you will be fine but "Vancouverites" can be pretty "upper lip stiff" if you get my drift.:-) Most our friends are foreigners of all back grounds.

What is it you study there? Where are your pictures I'd love to have a peek at the Monaco of "Maintenant". Any stunning yachts..although its early in the season. I have the pics of the futuristic " Habitable Lilypond" that were shown off the coast of Monaco in 3D. I am sure you have seen them.
You can escape to Italy with the train I loved the San Remo Music Festival there in Summer.
Monaco passport doesn't really help during school times but there are lots of places to escape around in the weekends I usually go to Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris, London or Brighton than Italy so I have no idea about the festival you mentioned.
I study Gastronomy...Well I've never took photos of Monaco since I don't see anything interesting/picturesque around but I will share photos of the countries I've visited
Old February 4th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #11
Taller, Better
Administrator

Likes (Received): 12279

To be honest, this section is for posting photos we have taken, and not for simply referring viewers to another site. I hope you can upload and post some of your wonderful photos and post them here. Thanks.
Old February 5th, 2010, 06:20 AM   #12
vicarious1
Mon Dieu c'est moi!

Looking forward on the HOW TO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taller, Better View Post
To be honest, this section is for posting photos we have taken, and not for simply referring viewers to another site. I hope you can upload and post some of your wonderful photos and post them here. Thanks.
Hi thanks for writing. I wish I'd know I have read the FAQ etc "how" I have written a message to a JAN before this message, sent with a screen shot to ask WHERE is the attach/browse button is as mentioned.
I am in several other forums like UBC garden forum where when I go to "advanced" I get a multiple browse button to upload from my PC. Here I have failed to find that button.
I have asked Sydney who kindly told me all his photos are uploaded at another site and he links to them. So how can I link to my photos without displaying the URL so as them to display in the posting? My host site galleries have all external linking allowed.
or upload some of choice direct from my PC. I use Firefox java is allowed etc so what is the reason for me not seeing the link/pop up window/button to upload within my message window like Sydney. Looking forward you telling me.
PS. The website I link it to is "my" personal paid online storage, they are all "my" and no one else photographs. Bye4now.. there will never be a link to any other side.
Old February 5th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #13
Taller, Better
Administrator

Likes (Received): 12279

vicarious1, you upload your photos on a third party photolinking site, like
www.photobucket.com
You can make a free account. You upload them, then copy and paste
the forums code (the IMG code) which is the last one at the bottom of
the four codes. There are lots of these linking sites. Some people like Imageshack, etc..
If you have any problems, pm me!

Tags
architecture, canada, olympic games, vancouver