daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM   #381
Sister Greed U

Likes (Received): 15425

That´s a distance, Las Rozas.
Commuter trains do that well now, better than metro would.
They will do even better with the extension through Las Rozas and Majadahonda and the new Moncloa Renfe station which have been included on the Renfe Cercanías Madrid Plan.

Besides, line 3 is planned to be extended somewhere else from Moncloa.
437.001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:56 PM   #382
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3945

Quote:
Originally Posted by 437.001 View Post
Besides, line 3 is planned to be extended somewhere else from Moncloa.
Yes, to Cuatro Caminos (lines 1, 2 and 6) via Islas Filipinas (line 7). Anyway, line 4 could also be extended to Las Rozas from its present terminus in Argüelles.

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:00 AM   #383
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Likes (Received): 885

Indeed. Line 4 could be a nice solution I made a map once, with some possible extensions of the existing network, including line 4 extension to Las Rozas. An extension also from line1 Las Rosas to Alcalá de Henares and two brand new lines. Line 13 and 14.

Line 13 starting from the place next to T4 from the west, going to Campo de las Naciones L8, going down to Parque de las Avenidas L7, Diego León L4 L6, Serrano L4, Chueca L5, Sevilla L2, Anton Martin L1, Lavapiés L3, Puerta de Toledo L4, Laguna L6, Aluche L6 and La Fortuna L11 future extension.

and

Line 14 starting from Parque de Entrevías to Nueva Numancia L1, Conde de Casal L6, Palacio de Velazquez (with possible connection of L11), Banco de España L2, Chueca L5, Tribunal L10 L1, maybe Bilbao L1 L4, Quevedo L2, Islas Filipinas L7, Ciudad Universitaria L3 L6 ending at Aravaca with connection of Line's 4 extension to Las Rozas.

Also a possible extention of L8 from Nuevos Ministerios through Iglesia L1 and Quevedo L14 L2 to reach Arguelles.

And of course L11 extension from Plaza Elíptica to Embajadores L3, Atocha Renfe L1, Palacio de Velazquez L14, Retiro L2, Serrano L13 L4, Ruben Dario L5, Gregorio Marañon L7 L8 L10 and then passing between L1 and L10 to Plaza de Castilla and Chamartín.

Also extention of L9 from Mirasiera to Tres Olivos L10 reaching Cercanías Fuencarral station and L6 extension from Alameda de Osuna to Aeropuerto T1 T2 T3

What do you think? After the last extension programme, this one won't be so non-realistic. Don't you think?
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #384
Sister Greed U

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovem View Post
Indeed. Line 4 could be a nice solution I made a map once, with some possible extensions of the existing network, including line 4 extension to Las Rozas. An extension also from line1 Las Rosas to Alcalá de Henares and two brand new lines. Line 13 and 14.

Line 13 starting from the place next to T4 from the west, going to Campo de las Naciones L8, going down to Parque de las Avenidas L7, Diego León L4 L6, Serrano L4, Chueca L5, Sevilla L2, Anton Martin L1, Lavapiés L3, Puerta de Toledo L4, Laguna L6, Aluche L6 and La Fortuna L11 future extension.

and

Line 14 starting from Parque de Entrevías to Nueva Numancia L1, Conde de Casal L6, Palacio de Velazquez (with possible connection of L11), Banco de España L2, Chueca L5, Tribunal L10 L1, maybe Bilbao L1 L4, Quevedo L2, Islas Filipinas L7, Ciudad Universitaria L3 L6 ending at Aravaca with connection of Line's 4 extension to Las Rozas.

Also a possible extention of L8 from Nuevos Ministerios through Iglesia L1 and Quevedo L14 L2 to reach Arguelles.

And of course L11 extension from Plaza Elíptica to Embajadores L3, Atocha Renfe L1, Palacio de Velazquez L14, Retiro L2, Serrano L13 L4, Ruben Dario L5, Gregorio Marañon L7 L8 L10 and then passing between L1 and L10 to Plaza de Castilla and Chamartín.

Also extention of L9 from Mirasiera to Tres Olivos L10 reaching Cercanías Fuencarral station and L6 extension from Alameda de Osuna to Aeropuerto T1 T2 T3

What do you think? After the last extension programme, this one won't be so non-realistic. Don't you think?
I think there´s not one euro left to do it.

(btw, is there an English word in Ireland for "euro" the same way Americans call a dollar a "buck"?)
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:58 AM   #385
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Well, Madrid spent millions of euro to build that gorgeous system. A few more? Growing a metro system is not waste of money, unless if you build it around the fields. It makes the citizens' life much better. Just like the pedestrian roads and new plazas they built the last four years(Callao, Sol, Calle de Atocha). I was more than amazed while seeing that inside the historical center of the city, the only road that was under traffic was Gran Via, thanks to the metro and the pedestrian roads. There's no such a city center in Europe I think.
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #386
Castor_Game

Likes (Received): 21860

Line 5; branch from Alameda de Osuna to Barajas (village).

Continuation of line 5 from Alameda de Osuna to San Fernando de Henares,
Torrejón de Ardoz, and Alcala de Henares
Castor_Game no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #387
Sister Greed U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor_Game View Post
Line 5; branch from Alameda de Osuna to Barajas (village).
I forgot that one!

Quote:
Continuation of line 5 from Alameda de Osuna to San Fernando de Henares,
Torrejón de Ardoz, and Alcala de Henares
This one, wasn´t it ruled out to build the new cercanías tunnel from O´Donnell to Alonso Martínez via Canillejas and Alonso Martínez instead?
Or are they two different projects?
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #388
flierfy

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
(btw, is there an English word in Ireland for "euro" the same way Americans call a dollar a "buck"?)
They call it a quid.
Old August 26th, 2010, 02:09 AM   #389
Ele
All-in

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:

and

Indeed, I think for now Madrid is well-served with its current Metro system. But besides there´s a catch in all you wrote: Line 4 can´t be extended beyond Argüelles unless you rebuild almost all of that station and the tunnels before it, and I don´t think it´d be wise to spend all that money to extend a line with 60m long stations.
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:06 PM   #390
Castor_Game

Likes (Received): 21860

Quote:
I forgot that one!

This one, wasn´t it ruled out to build the new cercanías tunnel from O´Donnell to Alonso Martínez via Canillejas and Alonso Martínez instead?
Or are they two different projects?
Is only an idea ........ mine
Castor_Game no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #391
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Quote:

For me the branch line or ramal has potential for become line 13. You mean Valdebebas? (The place next to the T4. I would extend that to T4 and maybe to Paracuellos).

Quote:
and

Line 14 is going to be the MetroNorte line after they build the so-called operación Chamartín which includes extension of line 10 from Chamartín station. But nice idea, connecting a borough in Southern Madrid that only have Cercanías (commuter train). idea that of L4 to Las Rozas, I would cut off that at El Plantío... And make it an extension of L3 instead.

Quote:
Original plans called for an extension from Nuevos Ministerios to Atocha and then to Mendez Álvaro L6, and then I would extend South to Entrevias and Valdecarros or Butarque, but the Paseo de la Castellana is so tunelled.

Quote:
The L11, from Atocha Renfe, will go O'Donell-La Elipa-Ascao-Ciudad Lineal-Arturo Soria-L8 between Colombia and Pinar del Rey-Chamartín, and then to Herrera Oria L9 (Although my maps show that interchange in Barrio del Pilar) and Avenida de la Ilustración L7. Maybe to Puerta de Hierro...

Quote:

L9 I think is a bad route with a great curve, and L6... Do you mean L5? L6 it's the loop one. And I agree with that L5 extension, is also one of my ideas.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #392
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Yes, sorry, I meant line 5 I also believe the same about line 9. :P Is Plantío that populated for a metro station? Thanks for your advice
Old August 29th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #393
CNGL
Leudimin

Here is the craziest fantasy map I saw for Madrid:

(The line 13 is missing in the same way that the Italian A17 autostrada)

But the only lines that are sure are L11 to La Fortuna, L2 to Las Rosas, L9 to Mirasierra and maybe L3 to El Casar. And L11 will go as I wrote, but I made two mistakes: It will cross L3 at Palos de la Frontera, not Embajadores; and L6 (and L9) at Sainz de Baranda, not O'Donell.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old September 28th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #394
voltrega62

Likes (Received): 103

Metro Madrid 2020

Another map of Madrid Metro provided for my:
No se permite la reproduccion ni la publicacion de mis imagenes para uso comercial o lucrativo sin mi autorizacion. Doy mi permiso a cualquier usuario para publicar cualquier foto mia en blogs, foros, etc, siempre que se me cite como autor de la misma y esta no sea recortada ni tratada digitalmente.
voltrega62 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 02:55 PM   #395
CNGL
Leudimin

L11 extension to La Fortuna is opening on Wednesday 6th. Another 2.3 km for Madrid.
Old October 7th, 2010, 12:22 AM   #396
Sister Greed U

New extension of line 11 from la peseta to La Fortuna open.
Old October 7th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #397
CNGL
Leudimin

Yep.

(These photos have already been posted in SSC, but in the Madrid subforum of the Spanish forums)
Old October 8th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #398
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Yeah!!! Urbanrail.net is not up to date yet :P
Old October 8th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #399
CNGL
Leudimin

Yes. It's so weird, in planning sucks a lot, but in current systems is good.
Old October 8th, 2010, 11:52 PM   #400
mopc

Likes (Received): 11980

The rhythm of expansion of the Madrid metro is truly amazing, virtually Chinese.

What was the secret to achieve such high construction rates? Was it paid by the government or was there private involvement? What is the price per km?
mopc no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
madrid, metro, metro de madrid, spain in the world, subway