daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 15th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #1
laur2007laur

Likes (Received): 1016

School bar project -- University of Architecture and Urbanism Ion Mincu Bucharest

Quote:
http://laurentiu-stanciu-arhitectura...cafeterie.html

Design intentions
The interior space is designed to offer a new feeling and poit of view over a space which has been neglected in the past time .Thus I propose a central bar , its round shape generated by sinusoidal canvasses , with a central platform for serving and preparation the meal. This bar needs to be perceived as the masterpiece of this space , and the surrounding elements come only to fulfill the ambiance - being simple and kind of organic . The atmosphere is completed by the lightning elements , which come down from the mirror ceiling trying to offer the sensation of a higher space .

Technical data
Height : 2.70 Lenght : 14.00 x 13.4 Basement level , with an uncovered interior court

Project team
Architecture Student Laurentiu Stanciu

Last edited by laur2007laur; February 15th, 2010 at 02:29 PM.
laur2007laur no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #2
Concrete Stereo

Likes (Received): 599

We'll really need a bigger version of the poster to understand. Is it in the modernist or the neo-romanesk building?
Concrete Stereo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #3
laur2007laur

for a larger view u can follow this link :
http://www.laurentiu-stanciu-arhitectura.blogspot.com/
or this one
http://www.worldarchitecture.org/wor...omania&no=6237

and this bar is located in the new wing of the university.
Old February 18th, 2010, 04:13 AM   #4
OakRidge

Likes (Received): 1460

It is amazing just how terrible that building is.
OakRidge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #5
laur2007laur

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakRidge View Post
It is amazing just how terrible that building is.
what building ?
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #6
Concrete Stereo

@Oak

The building of Ion Mincu terrible? I strongly disagree.

About the project --> Can I be sincere? It is too much of everything.

You use futurism as an excuse to make a bad presentation. It is not. Nobody is interested in the hipness of your tools, but in the quality of the architecture. Right now it is very hard to read your architecture so I tend to interpret it for the worst. In general: the more wild your design is the more sober your presentation tools should be to convince. Koolhaas, Fuksas, UN Studio, SANAA, they present their most wild projects using a stylized models (maquettes). Learn from the best.

So, cut the crap. Get rid of all the black and blue renders - they are ugly and make your project look like kitch. Take one white render, blow it up the size of a full page and work it. One image has to explain everything. Get rid of the over-exposure (what doens't work for photography doesn't work for rendering), make it sharp. Always transcent the aestetics typical to the software - which means: use photoshop. What I'd do is for example to take your wireframe model and lay it over the rendering say 40% opacity, this gives the posibility to 'x-ray' trough the object a bit - if used controlled it can help understand and add sharpness an be very stylish. Make it wide-screen, preferably (your eyes view wide-screen, so especially for interior it is more appropriate). Photoshop in people - either silhouettes or blurred real people or anything that works for you, to give scale and life, or do something else that has the same effect. Use subtle textures on one or two places closeby (or for example photoshop in one real element - in this case that'd be the glass wall of the patio, one thing very sharp) - a touch of subtlety an well-thoughtness makes one interpret everything as (more) subtle and well thought.

If everything is blurry, nothing gets taken seriously.

Last edited by Concrete Stereo; February 20th, 2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #7
laur2007laur

first thanks for the replay . u are generally right . for the large audiance theese things were unperceptible but i;m very happy about the critics. despite that i never mentioned any complaints about the project itself , i can say it now ,i kind had some problemes finalising it . so for renders and materials i worked least due to lack of time and low performances on my laptop . i intend to finish this project , and make it look as i imagined and wished , but first i have to solve some software problems . i hope when it's done u will offer another opinion about the result.

p.s. where are u student ?if u are anymore
Old February 21st, 2010, 04:42 AM   #8
Concrete Stereo

I'm a graduating student at TU/e Eindhoven. the Netherlands (master architecture and urban cultures) And followed erasmus at Iun Mincu for half a year 2 years ago, in the atelier of Dorin Stefan and Dan Diogunu. I'll be graduating in may this year

Tags
design, interior, romania