daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > Projects and Construction > Project News and Updates > Completed Projects

Old March 1st, 2010, 11:02 AM   #41
SpinCity

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby View Post
Sir, getting harder to explain and explain on paper,...will leave to you....
haha, cool, we shall stop on this issue
SpinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:10 AM   #42
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Did a quick calculation of all the stata space of all the units in EG, it adds up to around 289,000 sq ft. If Baby's land area of 108,000 sq ft (not sq m) is correct, then at GFA of 2.8, it could yield 302,400 sq ft of strata space. At 3.5, it will be 378,000 sq of strata space. At 4.2, it should yield 453,600 sq ft of strata space. This is nearly double the current built up. Am I right?
Sorry to hijack it back to this query. Any views from the gurus out there?
Guest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:03 AM   #43
Baby
Baby

Likes (Received): 1

No idea about how you get the strata space, so can't comment on this.

IMO, if can enbloc in future is a bonus, but at present this property is undervalued in terms of it's location with rare 999LH in the financial district of Raffles Place, transport and amemities especially with a door step MRT station to operate in 2 years connecting to MBFC and Sand IR.
Baby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:51 AM   #44

[QUOTE=Baby;52748669]No idea about how you get the strata space, so can't comment on this.QUOTE]

the figure of 289,000 (approx) sq ft strata area was obtained from adding all the units by the strata space. the data was obtained from the sales brochure listing all the units in emerald gardens.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:24 AM   #45
DC33

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Where got say height restriction ?

Only entrance shop building is under conservation. Read carefully.

As defined by URA :

GPR = Max # of Storey
1.4 = 5
1.6 = 12
2.1 = 24
2.8 = 36
>2.8 > greater than 36

It did not go up because it is on a conserved site. URA shows shows nearby building can go as high as 30 storey but not for this site in the Masterplan 2008. Unless they can do something to the rear of the conserved building.
DC33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:52 AM   #46
Baby
Baby

I think people read the masterplan with different understanding.

I just called up the URA Development Control department to confirm.

Here's the answer from URA :

The area is within conservation area, but only those in "c" cannot be changed. i.e. the two shop houses at the entrance of EMG.

The other residential site area at EMG is subject to standard GPR residential height/storey typology. For future redevelopment or changes, developer can submit to URA for review and approval if they want to increase the height/storey.

Last edited by Baby; March 2nd, 2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:57 AM   #47
shctaw
余博士

I even own a conservation shophouse in Onan Road.

The land is 1500 sq ft.
Plot ratio is 1.4.

I thought the total build in can only be 2100 but end up the 2100 sq ft do not include the build up area of the conservation building itself.

So confusing that I simply sell it away and make it a problem of other people.

Quote:
I think debating on self understanding on masterplan is useless one, so I just called up URA Development Control department.

Here's the answer from URA :

The area is within conservation area, but only those in "c" cannot be changed. i.e. the two shop houses at the entrance of EMG.

The other residential site area at EMG is subject to standard residential height/storey typology. Developer can submit for URA approval to increase the height/storey for future redevelopment. .

Why buy something that is as good as gold when you can just buy gold? - shctaw

Gold and silver cure sleeping disorder. - shctaw
shctaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 10:35 AM   #48
proper-T

There seems to be so many differing opinions on the conservation rules.

Taking a simplistic view, the only thing which cannot be touched is the conserved facade for EMG i.e. the front mandarin like tower fronting the drive-in. If the entire site was conserved, the developer would not have been able to tear down and build the current 10-storey structures in the first place.

A case in point is the butterfly house along amber road (the devpt is called Aristo). Only the driveway and part of the lobby are conserved, the rest of the building is built up to the max permissible height.

For any URA rules, as long as it is not explicitly stated, it means that developers can always try their luck. Whether URA approves or not is another matter.

For the GPR calculation, assuming the site area is 108,000sf, the max permissible built up is 3.5x108,000 = 378,000. This however, is the GROSS built-up which includes all common facilities etc. Usually, condos have an efficiency of around 80% i.e. actual saleable area is around 80% of gross built up. Assuming an 80% efficiency, the max saleable area is 80% x 378,000 = 302,400sf. Assuming 'Guest' guesstimates (pardon the pun) are right about total strata unit areas of 289,000sf, there is a small buffer of 13,400sf which has not been utilized. There are many blocks in EMG at the current moment. A smart developer could always build a single tower block with numerous studio units to capitalise on the heigt potential of the PR. Go figure how many studios of say 500sf can be built with the current saleable area.The surrounding areas can then be extensively landscaped with tennis courts, lap pools, saunas and jacuzzis, reflection areas and the whole devpt marketed as an 'Oasis within the CBD'

The story becomes more attractive of course if the increase in PR becomes reality which stands a very good chance given the MRT proximity and misc other factors which I cannot reveal. Always trust Baby (have you ever known babies to lie ???)

All in all, regardless of whether there is an en-bloc potential, the devpt itself is a very nice and quaint condo which is easily rentable. I always have good vibes when I visit the place. If you consider all other alternatives, the availability of FH or 999yr sites right smack in CBD/Marina bay area is severely limited.

Last edited by proper-T; March 2nd, 2010 at 11:08 AM.
proper-T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:52 PM   #49
Baby
Baby

Here goes the expert !

Actually I learned from Proper-T in 2007 on this development...& asked him again behind the scene not long ago,.....just a secret not revealed....but since Baby suppose to be honest, so have to tell the truth that the true knowledgeable one is him...

Out of curiosity, as Baby should be, just checked the 1980 master plan, the Emerald Garden was an education institution.. ...interesting ... wondering which school was that.

Is this the one ? http://ivyidaong4.blogspot.com/2009/...ub-street.html

Last edited by Baby; March 2nd, 2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:25 AM   #50

wow. u guys are really so knowledgeable. thanks for sharing all the info about EMG in here. appreciate that.
incidentally, the psf value has reached $1430 in Feb 2010. the last three transactions on the URA website:

EMERALD GARDEN CLUB STREET Condominium 1 1,770,000 1,238 Strata 1,430 Feb-10
EMERALD GARDEN CLUB STREET Condominium 1 1,488,000 1,098 Strata 1,355 Sep-09
EMERALD GARDEN CLUB STREET Condominium 1 1,170,000 807 Strata 1,449 Sep-09
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:58 AM   #51
proper-T

Nah lah...baby is the real expert who has picked this up & done extensive research. I just add only....

There is a lot more to EMG than meets the eye ...maybe you can buy him a drink or to Baby and he might reveal more....
proper-T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:05 AM   #52

Hi Baby, can I buy you a drink and you so that you can reveal more? heehee...
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:22 AM   #53
Baby
Baby

... mouth zipped ... or piggy will hammer me when playing mahjong.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:46 AM   #54
LittlePig
小肥猪

I won't hammer Baby, I promise... I will only sayang Baby...

since I am too poor to invest in a unit there... Baby please reveal everything you know...
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:10 AM   #55
DC33

The asking price is about $1500psf for the mid floor. Rental is about $4500 for a 1000sqft unit. Good buy?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:48 PM   #56
Baby
Baby

I think now sellers all asking from $15xx psf, and bank valuation can match.

UOB and OCBC have been supportive on the valuation of this property, don't know why....not just talking about the credit loosen period now, but even last year before June when bank valuation on all properties in Singapore had been at the low.... may be it's the only 999 LH so close to Raffles Place which they are familiar...just guessing.
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:09 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePig View Post
I won't hammer Baby, I promise... I will only sayang Baby...

since I am too poor to invest in a unit there... Baby please reveal everything you know...
Baby, since Little Pig will not you during your next mahjong session, can you reveal more? Really wanna know more... thanks.
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #58
devilplate

I think its either u love it or hate it....Its a very unique project alongside with nice pubs and dining.
devilplate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #59
DC33

I was there this morning. Quite a pleasant place. Not sure about at night. Is it rowdy at night?
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:02 AM   #60
stingraytan
Sailing~

regarding the entrance, parc emily also have a side entrance coming from a row of conserved shouphouse. can go visit parc emily for a better idea of what (i think) baby is talking about...
stingraytan no está en línea   Reply With Quote