daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 10th, 2015, 11:47 PM   #701
PaPa Riddlz
Registered Alcoholic

Likes (Received): 4090

Some eye-bleach for y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Dawn
Communism and Capitalism are tools/weapons of the Illuminati.

JuanPaulo, FirzDaurens_ liked this post
PaPa Riddlz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2015, 03:45 AM   #702
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6741

Melbourne skyline looks quite small in pic above. And resemble of american skyline such as san fransisco or mini version of new york.

Thats why i never make melbourne in my top 2. Sydney and jakarta has more presence and variety in term of skyscrapers

Jack Fruit, Dito Roso, PGBSYD liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2015, 03:54 AM   #703
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dito Roso View Post

I suggest to you ... you should much reading or watching tv .. so you will not be embarrassed because of your own words, which makes no sense at all .. as your other utterances in this strange thread, which precisely describe clearly of your shallowness.
A completely incomprehensible post that fails to articulate anything. A guyed mast is not a building or tower. It's a guyed mast. When Jakarta Tower is completed come back to me it's had several aborted attempts and complete design changes so far ... I don't see it on the skyline.

Sydney Tower is currently still taller than any building or telecommunications tower in Jakarta. A guyed mast simply doesn't count. To now start making contentious remarks about other Australian cities by then comparing them with cities that are evidently not even remotely comparable is childish, laughable and deliberately argumentative. We are not here to make threats, or poke fun at each other. This is simply a thread where we get to put our own personal thoughts out there but it's evident that some of you are acting like babies. With your recent posts you're being deliberately provocative to get a reaction from Australian posters.

On a personal note ... How dare you accuse me of shallowness and make a personal attack on me. You don't know me. I am certainly not embarrassed and stand my comments. What utterances have I made in this thread that make no sense to you? I would suggest it's likely more a question of your level of reading and understanding of the English language and it's nuances that are the problem here. You can't questions someone's opinion unless it's factually wrong and in my case ... it isn't.

PaPa Riddlz liked this post

Last edited by Avatar; November 11th, 2015 at 04:02 AM.
Avatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2015, 05:14 AM   #704
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4202

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw123 View Post
I think Melbourne has the best Australian skyline and in this regard the best of the southern hemisphere.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

mw123, FirzDaurens_ liked this post
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2015, 08:45 AM   #705
Lydon

Likes (Received): 5617

Australian cities have awesome skylines, but some of you folk do an atrocious job of selling them. Your abrasive attitudes are really quite off-putting.

Dito Roso, renshapratama liked this post
Lydon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2015, 09:48 AM   #706
Dito Roso

Likes (Received): 1633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
A completely incomprehensible post that fails to articulate anything. A guyed mast is not a building or tower. It's a guyed mast. When Jakarta Tower is completed come back to me it's had several aborted attempts and complete design changes so far ... I don't see it on the skyline.

Sydney Tower is currently still taller than any building or telecommunications tower in Jakarta. A guyed mast simply doesn't count. To now start making contentious remarks about other Australian cities by then comparing them with cities that are evidently not even remotely comparable is childish, laughable and deliberately argumentative. We are not here to make threats, or poke fun at each other. This is simply a thread where we get to put our own personal thoughts out there but it's evident that some of you are acting like babies. With your recent posts you're being deliberately provocative to get a reaction from Australian posters.

On a personal note ... How dare you accuse me of shallowness and make a personal attack on me. You don't know me. I am certainly not embarrassed and stand my comments. What utterances have I made in this thread that make no sense to you? I would suggest it's likely more a question of your level of reading and understanding of the English language and it's nuances that are the problem here. You can't questions someone's opinion unless it's factually wrong and in my case ... it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
Sorry Jakarta, computer says no...
While Sydney might not yet have the height ... it is coming. Still, Sydney Tower is currently taller than anything in Jakarta anyways.
an antenna can not be called a tower let alone a building .. Sydney tower without antenna still shorter / lower than CEMINDO building (latest status : T/O) ..
Dito Roso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2015, 10:25 AM   #707
Dito Roso

I make sure my comments above will be my last comment. I have a lot of other works I have to do. I do not want to waste my time and mind to respond to trivia that it actually makes me stupid. Furthermore, I am just going to enjoy the beautiful image of the skyline of the cities that are in the southern hemisphere. Cheers ...

nameless dude liked this post
Old November 11th, 2015, 10:33 AM   #708
Galactic Ruler

Now you're being deliberately pedantic.

'Anything' was referencing anything that is typically part of a skyline and a substantial structure that contributes to the general skyline. i.e. A skyscraper or telecommunications/observation tower as defined by Council on Tall Building and Urban Habitat (CTBUH). A guyed mast does not contribute to a skyline due their general ephemeral nature. Sydney also has guyed masts.

At 289m Cemindo Building is still shorter than Sydney Tower. The lightning rod/spire on Sydney Tower is integrated into the function of the tower as an observation and telecommunication tower and is included within it's official height at 309m (as recognised by CTBUH). Build a 21m architectural feature on your building if you want but currently it's not taller as defined by CTBUH not me.

Interesting to look at and fairly tall but certainly not a skyline...
Australian/US scalar weapons array at Exmouth WA.
It was once the tallest structure in the Southern Hemisphere, has a current height of 387m for tower zero with each of the 6 secondary towers at 340m and another 6 tertiary towers at 304m.

Not very visible the towers almost dissolve into the surroundings, lots of guyed masts in one location though and all with reasonable heights for their time of construction.

Last edited by Avatar; November 11th, 2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old November 11th, 2015, 12:13 PM   #709
Dito Roso

JOHANESBURG

Jack Fruit liked this post
Old November 11th, 2015, 12:24 PM   #710
Dito Roso

CAPE TOWN

Jack Fruit liked this post
Old November 11th, 2015, 12:29 PM   #711
Galactic Ruler

SA cities have some much potential, it's a great pity many have seen much less development through the 80s and 90s than many cities. I am sure they would be much farther ahead today if development kept pace between now and then. Many of the buildings have a very 70s style which I don't mind but some more glass would really look great. I imagine in future some may get renovated when there is a need.

Joburg certainly shows some nice density, just reinforces my interest in South African cities and their history.

Last edited by Avatar; November 11th, 2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old November 11th, 2015, 12:41 PM   #712
Lydon

Likes (Received): 5617

Those photos of Cape Town are a bit old. Quite a few major buildings have been redeveloped/new developments have popped up since then. We still have a long way to go, but the CBD is definitely undergoing a boom at the moment, which is great. Some more recent shots by forum member infrastructurephotos:

Dito Roso, Jack Fruit, Augustão d2 liked this post
Lydon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2015, 12:42 PM   #713
Dito Roso

NAIROBI

Old November 11th, 2015, 12:50 PM   #714
Galactic Ruler

Cape Town ... there looks to be some nice newer glass buildings which really adds to the diversity.
Old November 11th, 2015, 01:37 PM   #715
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6741

Nah i would prefer santiago skyline.
Even brazilian skyline looks nice too

Jack Fruit, Marsupilami liked this post
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2015, 04:14 PM   #716
nameless dude

Likes (Received): 838

Just when you guys thought you've had enough of Australia

Sydney

http://assets.ssir.webfrontcms.net/i...0ws8k8080c.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/629/22...ee8ff478_b.jpg

http://edge.alluremedia.com.au/uploa...T-Sydney-2.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...33097376_o.jpg

WingWing, mw123, FirzDaurens_ liked this post
nameless dude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2015, 04:21 PM   #717
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dito Roso View Post

what exactly you want to display on this photo? Pattaya (Thailand) in my opinion much better. Fortunately Pattaya is located in the northern hemisphere.. Peace..
Ok, cool. I googled Pattaya and it's nothing impressive? Its 'skyline' is made up of a handful of buildings, just a few look to be 30+ floors and they weren't exactly architectural marvels...

I think you mean, unfortunately Pattaya isn't on Mars and can't have the best skyline... anywhere?

Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2015, 06:20 AM   #718
FirzDaurens_
007 Agent

Likes (Received): 307

In my opinion

1) Sydney
2) Melbourne
3) Gold Coast
4) Brisbane
5) Perth

Old November 17th, 2015, 02:32 PM   #719