daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Space, Science & Technology

Space, Science & Technology shaping tomorrow's world

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 18th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #1
chris2million1

Likes (Received): 0

Experimental Diffusive Architecture

Hi All,

I thought I'd share this project, It's an experimental work of architecture, that was done using rapid prototyping technology (3D printing, laser cutting, thermaforming, CNC etc.) and was intended as an experimental platform but it turned out as quite a compelling work in its own right. It looks like it is some form of alien biomimicry, but its actually a result of working on the individual elements on a very small scale, which just naturally tends to look like living systems, a technical convergent evolution if you will. We were also experimenting with diffusion in our design. I'd be interested in what people think, and to see other similar projects if you are aware of any. Thanks!

The video at is the best way to experience it. But here is a pic...

Belly Detail04 by chrisglebe, on Flickr
chris2million1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old Yesterday, 03:02 AM   #2
bnk

Likes (Received): 158

Interesting but useless for any creature that weighs more than 0.0125 micrograms.

Perhaps the smallest of mites might find it fun until they find out there is no blood to suck.

And this hype about 3d printers is disgusting. Hype. Move along folks there is absolutely Nothing to see there. 3d Printing is the most overhyped idea in the last century

Really someone is going to print a pizza or a gun for me. LOL my ass off.

Get real folks. Go hug a tree or something that gets your nuts off. Save the planet by going vegan than lets talk you hypocrites on your fossil fuel based energy sucking computers and your central heat and cooling. Total religious ideologues and total commitment to the Gaia religion while being total hypocrites.

Ugg

Last edited by bnk; Yesterday at 03:41 AM.
bnk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #3
Сталин
Infractions Record Holder

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk View Post
Interesting but useless for any creature that weighs more than 0.0125 micrograms.

Perhaps the smallest of mites might find it fun until they find out there is no blood to suck.

And this hype about 3d printers is disgusting. Hype. Move along folks there is absolutely Nothing to see there. 3d Printing is the most overhyped idea in the last century

Really someone is going to print a pizza or a gun for me. LOL my ass off.

Get real folks. Go hug a tree or something that gets your nuts off. Save the planet by going vegan than lets talk you hypocrites on your fossil fuel based energy sucking computers and your central heat and cooling. Total religious ideologues and total commitment to the Gaia religion while being total hypocrites.

Ugg
The structure in the video isn't practical, though that's probably what they were aiming for.

3D printing works fine for me, so I disagree. You need to open your mind, and let go of past. Things change.
Сталин está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote