daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 19th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #21
cesco_82

Likes (Received): 260

the water will be moving coz it'll be connected to the canals that are around and inside Milan. in fact they told there will also be some waterfalls to make energy from.

anyway next monday they will present the whole final masterplan. i'll be informing you about everything.

ps: who knows about SALONE DEL MOBILE and FUORISALONE?

well, expecially the last one it'll be an inspiration point for "fuori-Expo" (it's me who invented this brand), which will be a sort of spread-Expo of Art, Culture, Expositions, Sport events, etc. during the six months of Expo 2015, in the whole city of Milan.
Con Rischi Indicibili E Traversie Innumerevoli, Io ho Superato la strada per questo Castello Oltre la Cittā di Goblin Per riprendere il bambino che tu hai Rapito...La Mia Volontā č Forte come la Tua E il Mio Regno altrettanto Grande! Tu Non Hai Nessun Potere su di Me...NON HAI NESSUN POTERE SU DI ME! (Sarah - Labyrinth)
cesco_82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #22
Eros1970
Nazareth

Likes (Received): 6069

great work, Alieno
Eros1970 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 04:17 AM   #23
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

architecture is a minimal concept, in that development (IMHO)

I would prefer some more "design"
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 02:40 PM   #24
former

Likes (Received): 0

agreed
former no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #25
cesco_82

Milan 2015 Registration Dossier Submitted to the BIE

BIE Secretary-General and Ambassador Serra with the Registration Dossier for Expo 2015

23/04/10 – The application dossier for the registration of the 2015 World Expo in Milan, Italy, was submitted on Thursday to the BIE.

The Italian delegate to the BIE, Ambassador Maurizio Serra, handed the BIE Secretary-General Vicente González Loscertales a letter of commitment signed by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, guaranteeing the Italian government's support for the project, along with the registration dossier.

BIE Secretary-General and Ambassador Serra with Prime Minister Berlusconi's letter of support for the Expo project

During a video-conference afterwards between Paris and Milan, Ambassador Serra announced the deposit of the registration dossier to the BIE.

The BIE Secretary-General congratulated Expo 2015 S.p.A, the company in charge of the organization of the Expo, for the work accomplished up to now, under the leadership of its CEO, Mr. Luico Stanca. Mr. Loscertales also applauded the commitment of Mme Letizia Moratti, Special Commissioner for the Expo and Mayor of Milan, and of the Italian government for the project.

From the Palazzo Reale in Milan, Mr. Stanca stressed the significance of the registration act for the implementation of the Expo project and reconfirmed his vision for the Expo.

The registration dossier of over 500 pages lays out the definitive master plan for the Expo.

The registration dossier will be examined by the BIE member states, the Executive Committee, and by the General Assembly for final approval before the end of the year.
Con Rischi Indicibili E Traversie Innumerevoli, Io ho Superato la strada per questo Castello Oltre la Cittā di Goblin Per riprendere il bambino che tu hai Rapito...La Mia Volontā č Forte come la Tua E il Mio Regno altrettanto Grande! Tu Non Hai Nessun Potere su di Me...NON HAI NESSUN POTERE SU DI ME! (Sarah - Labyrinth)
Old April 26th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #26
Alieno

Likes (Received): 110

Alieno no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #27
cesco_82

Thanx!!!

Moreover:
• The Expo Area: 110 hectars
• The World Avenue: 1.5 km long | 35 m wide
• A lot for every Country: 140 Participants (130 Countries and 10 international Regions)
• Countries distribution: 5 bio-climatic areas
• The Cardo - Italy and its regions, cities and provinces: 325m long, 30m wide
• Piazza Italia - where Italy meets the Wolrd: 4.350 mq
• Palazzo Italia - italian hospitality
• Thematical Areas: 6 areas, 95.000 mq
• Agro-systems and Greenhouses: 6 hectars, 25.000 mq of which are greenhouses 45m high
• Corporate Areas: 3 areas, 50.000 mq
• Expo Village: 160 buildings sorrounding the canal, 320 apartments, 1200 people
• Event Areas: 6 areas indoor & outdoor
• Service Areas and Restaurants: 12 areas, 30.000 mq
• The waterway: 4.5 km long | 90.000 mq
• The Waterside path: 4 km
• N.2 Entrance/Exit areas
• The Lake Arena: 98 m of diameter
• The tents: 100.000 mq
• Civil society participation: Cascina Triulza 12.000 mq
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #28
cesco_82

the site is now like this:

and how it'll be:

night view:

Expo Village:

The bio-climatic greenhouses:

The waterway:

On the big hill, which will be the Mediterranean climate Area:

The Arena:
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #29
GENIUS LOCI
No More Italian Mod

Likes (Received): 11012

Old May 17th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #30
cesco_82

up!
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #31
RodrigoDuran

Location: San francisco , Vacavile ,CA95687 //EL SALVADOR -SAN SALVADOR -San luis
Likes (Received): 4

exelnte ida !
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:46 AM   #32
nickg

Likes (Received): 0

i'm definitelly without any word!
nickg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #33
cesco_82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodrigoDuran View Post
exelnte ida !
it's definetly a total new concept of Expo...
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #34
cesco_82

up
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:21 PM   #35
Andrew_za

Likes (Received): 320

Wow!
Great stuff
Andrew_za no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:34 AM   #36
Geocarlos
Moderador

Likes (Received): 8063

I like the concept. Many of this buildings/structures would remain after the Expo is closed? I hope you can convert this excellent project into useful areas after this event....
Geocarlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #37
cesco_82

well...if you are talking about the pavilions the answer is NO. one of the rules of the Expo will be that every pavilion will be as "light" as possible and fully recyclable.

if you are talking about the greenhouses, well, YES they will remain. in fact the project is building a center of study of agriculture, food and so on. a scientific park which can live and work around and with the greenhouses.

the conventione centre, italian pavilion, canals and big open-air arena will remain too. a big part of the area will be reconverted as a TV center for national broadcaster RAI.

a big part will be a park and the rest will be reconverted as residential, services and so on, building a "new center" for the city. but this last part it's not written yet to be sincere.

Quote:
Expo Milan 2015 implements an innovative principle to ensure equal representation to all countries, who will have the opportunity to formulate their own particular contribution to the development of the Expo theme. Each nation will have a distinct, individual space where they can illustrate their agriculture, technology, food research, areas of excellence in the food production chain, as well as paradigms and contradictions inherent to the sphere of food.

Perpendicular to the Decumanus runs the N-S Cardus Maximus or Cardo, which will features lots assigned to Italy and its regions, provinces and cities. It will be an open, composite and enjoyable area presenting the extraordinary richness and variety of the Italian culture of food.

The juncture between the two axes, a grand piazza covering over 4,000 sqm, is the virtual centre of the entire Site and symbol of the place where Italy and the world meet and interact.

Palazzo Italia, located at the north end of the Cardo, will be Italy’s centre of hospitality, where official ceremonies will take place and the delegations from participating countries will be welcomed. The Palazzo gives onto Lake Arena, a large open-air entertainment centre around a lake accommodating 24,000 visitors, who will be regaled with waterworks, fireworks, artistic installations and shows on floating platforms or stages. At the southern extreme of the Cardo, the Amphitheatre provides seating for up to 8,000 people. This is the venue par excellence for open-air concerts, opera and official ceremonies.

Meanwhile, at the western end of the World Avenue, the Performance Centre is composed of an auditorium, a cutting-edge theatre, a multimedia room and four workshop-laboratory spaces, as well as 1,400 sqm of outdoor common areas.

Catering and visitor services are provided along the canal and in tree-lined areas perpendicular to the Decumanus. They also afford pleasant alternate routes to the canal and the thematic areas.

The greenhouses and cultivated fields of the Agro-ecosystems are located near the Site entrance and provide visitors with a path of discovery of the resources offered by nature and the processes by which human beings have learned to understand and transform them. Another fundamental element of the Expo Site are the Corporate Thematic Development Areas, offering a venue for the business community. An event that looks to the future and technological innovation would not be complete without the active participation of the small and large businesses that represent much of the driving force behind research and progress.

The Masterplan also embraces the Farm Project [Progetto Cascine], which provides for the renovation of municipally owned farm facilities in the Province of Milan, through the restoration of the Cascina Triulza. The Triulza farm provides an example of Lombard rural architecture and agricultural production and thus represents a concrete symbol of the Expo theme.

In addition to the farm, the Masterplan also includes an Expo Village comprising some 160 buildings providing lodging for the directors and general commissioners from participating countries. Architectural design competitions will be held to generate innovative forms of housing and living in common or private spaces of great charm through the use of experimental methods and materials.

The Water Route and Expo Park have now become the most relevant territorial project for connections between the Expo Site, the city and the greater metropolitan area. Forging connections all the way from the South Agricultural Park to the Parco delle Groane, the Route will establish continuity among the park system in the western Milanese ring, redevelop the Milan city canals [Navigli] and dockyard, give new life to the farm system, and become an extraordinarily beneficial recreational resource.

Alongside the Water Route, the planned Land Route proposes to bring Expo Milan 2015 out of the confines of the Site and into the city of Milan, leading visitors on a discovery of the Milanese urban fabric.

This setting will provide visitors to Expo 2015 an exceptional opportunity for a unique and unforgettable experience.

http://en.expo2015.org/uploaded_file...e260410_it.pdf
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:02 AM   #38
stevensp

Likes (Received): 64

i really like the main concept
it looks good, and is very simple, for that reason i think and hope that after the expo the site still would be very useful!
great job so far!

+ more project updates will be posted soon!
stevensp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2010, 11:07 PM   #39
cesco_82

The BIE approved the Registration of EXPO Milan 2015, that will be officially registered on next General Assembly on 23 November.
Old December 5th, 2010, 01:53 AM   #40
cesco_82

REGISTERED!

Milan Marks Registration as Official Site for Expo 2015

Milan citizens and Italian officials on Tuesday celebrated the city's official registration by the International Expositions Bureau (BIE) as host of the 2015 universal exposition.

The city orchestra played music in Milan's most popular shopping gallery amid the enthusiasm of the public, while all City Hall offices featured the symbol of the 2015 expo and colorful lights illuminated the city streets and plazas.

Milan is now the official site for the 2015 Expo, with the theme of "Feeding the planet, energy for life," after having passed a vote held by the general assembly of the BIE in Paris on Tuesday. The operative phase of construction and planning can now begin.

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi hailed the milestone event. In a note issued by his office, the premier said the BIE's official investiture by a unanimous voting "proved the government' s binding commitment in the project and Italy's leading role on the global stage."

Berlusconi thanked Milan's mayor and Expo 2015 government commissioner Letizia Moratti for their excellent job "aimed at valorizing Milan and the whole of Italy."

Mayor Letizia Moratti expressed her gratitude, saying the official recognition pays tribute to Milan's hard work and made her very proud of the 2015 exhibition project, which will feature an ambitious water park and greenhouses.

Moratti stressed the "important responsibility" she feels in hosting the 2015 universal exposition, especially after the global success of the 2010 Shanghai Expo.

Next step for the Milan authorities will be to start contacting participating countries and launch the effective execution of the master plan.

Tags
milan