daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Iraq > Photos and Discussion > Completed Projects



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #1
MKTJ
Registered User
 
MKTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dubai - Baghdad
Posts: 557
Likes (Received): 25

SULAIMANIYA | Grand Millennium Hotel | 39 fl | 150 m | COMPLETE

Shary Jwan Project is composed of a 28-story tower assigned for a Five Star Hotel (22550 m2 Buildup area) which has 196 guest rooms, 55 suites and special suites, five restaurants (Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Lebanese and All day dining restaurant) beside a revolving restaurant at the top of the tower, and all other areas that five star hotels include.

One auditorium accommodating 300 seats (6846 m2) and one ball room for 750 people (5378 m2) are annexed to the tower.

The whole project is located at the top of a hill about 50 meters above the street level overlooking the whole city of sulaimaniya.

The above mentioned buildings are surrounded by well designed landscape, parking and access roads.

http://binaalghad.com/Projects.htm

http://www.ameinfo.com/212035.html

Faruk Group Holding

Renders



Last edited by MKTJ; March 16th, 2010 at 11:01 PM.
MKTJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:23 PM   #2
MKTJ
Registered User
 
MKTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dubai - Baghdad
Posts: 557
Likes (Received): 25

According to OVO Construction Ltd (works on mechanical assembly to facing works) the project should be completed on 10.05.2010.
http://www.ovo.com.tr/eng/project_de...sp?proje_id=78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurd123 View Post

Last edited by MKTJ; March 16th, 2010 at 11:40 PM.
MKTJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #3
elusive
Registered User
 
elusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Baghdad
Posts: 4,112
Likes (Received): 196

the revolving restaurant is going to have the most amazing view!
elusive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:22 AM   #4
kurd123
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,239
Likes (Received): 0

By the way guys, the faruk group holding link sais it will be 38 stores, maybe a mistake?

"The tower consists of 38 floors with a total height of 150 m from the top of the hill. "
kurd123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #5
Aashiq
Your SL's missing a Y
 
Aashiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,720
Likes (Received): 856

Wow didn't see this side of Iraq.

btw the hotel looks nice
Aashiq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 03:17 AM   #6
sheytanElKebir
dreams of Babylon rising
 
sheytanElKebir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: samawah
Posts: 11,783
Likes (Received): 3451

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurd123 View Post
By the way guys, the faruk group holding link sais it will be 38 stores, maybe a mistake?

"The tower consists of 38 floors with a total height of 150 m from the top of the hill. "
from render and construction images it looks to be 25 floors.
sheytanElKebir está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 07:34 AM   #7
elusive
Registered User
 
elusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Baghdad
Posts: 4,112
Likes (Received): 196

more renders:







looks grand
__________________
“Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless”

-
<< VISIT BAGHDAD, ARAB CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2013 >>

-
elusive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #8
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,843
Likes (Received): 1550

wow.. very nice ! thx elusive
BigDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #9
Aashiq
Your SL's missing a Y
 
Aashiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,720
Likes (Received): 856

Looks sexy
Aashiq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #10
Ras Siyan
Jamhuuriyada Jabuuti
 
Ras Siyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Djibouti
Posts: 4,791
Likes (Received): 391

Very nice tower in a wonderful country! Keep it up ya Iraq!
Ras Siyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #11
elusive
Registered User
 
elusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Baghdad
Posts: 4,112
Likes (Received): 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras Siyan View Post
Very nice tower in a wonderful country! Keep it up ya Iraq!
thanks for the comment Ras Siyan
__________________
“Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless”

-
<< VISIT BAGHDAD, ARAB CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2013 >>

-
elusive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:38 AM   #12
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator
 
Galandar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gəncə
Posts: 14,798
Likes (Received): 5057

Wow very glad to see such a construction development in Iraq. Congratulations!
__________________
Join us on Facebook | SkyscraperCity Azerbaijan
Galandar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:37 AM   #13
zaidoun123
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16
Likes (Received): 0



This 39-floor building is being touted as northern Iraq’s take on Dubai’s famous ‘seven star’ hotel. But critics say the development doesn’t serve the needs of locals.
Tanya Goudsouzian
print | email | discuss It is being touted as Iraqi Kurdistan’s answer to the Burj Al Arab, Dubai’s ‘seven-star’ hotel.

On paper, this statement might seem an aberration for those who are familiar with the dusty, small towns of northern Iraq. Yet the 39-floor concrete structure has been popularly dubbed “Burj Suleimanieh,” even though the owner has already announced that it will be “The Grand Millennium Suleimanieh,” affiliated with the high-end British franchise.

Construction work began in June 2006. It was originally slated for completion by summer of 2010, but the deadline was pushed back by a year due to unforeseen logistical snags.
The relatively secure Iraqi Kurdistan region is still considered a war zone, says the project manager, Amer Jawad. It has been challenging to bring in the foreign expertise required to meet the lofty standards and specifications, he says.

The hotel, designed by an Abu Dhabi-based architecture firm, will contain five executive floors, one revolving restaurant, and two swimming pools. Finding skilled labor was also an issue, says Jawad, adding that many of the workers had to be brought from Baghdad or India.
None of this has thwarted the ambitions of Farouk Mala Mustafa, chairman of Farouk Holding Group and owner of telecom giant Asia Cell, which, with an 8,000-strong staff, is the second biggest employer after the regional government. He also owns two cement factories, several other hotels, and a medium-cost housing complex called the Goyzha Project on the outskirts of the city.

“[Mustafa] is doing this because he loves his city; his goal is to serve the people of Suleimanieh,” says Warzer Sarwar, his nephew and the project’s resident engineer.

Critics of the project say that such a large-scale venture is premature and that $150 million could have been better spent on meeting the needs of the local populace, who earn average monthly salaries of $500 and make do with a 12-hour-daily ration of electricity.

Mustafa is also in the process of building a 400-bed hospital, which although it will be private, will fund a charitable foundation to help cover the needs of those who cannot afford health care.

In recent years, there has been growing frustration among residents of Suleimanieh that the neighboring city of Erbil, the capital of the Kurdish region, has attracted the majority of foreign investment. Soaring silver towers now grace the urban landscape of Erbil, as well as clusters of de facto commercial zones, such as English Village and American Village, which house the regional representation offices of the likes of LG and Ernst & Young. Suleimanieh, residents say, has been left behind.

Kamran Ahmed Abdulla, minister of planning and reconstruction for the Kurdistan Regional Government, said: “We are currently surveying Kurdistan’s infrastructure, so we can evaluate the needs of the region. We can then develop a plan to improve our infrastructure.”

Additional reporting by Lara Fatah in Suleimanieh, Kurdistan

- Trends magazine



This article says its 39 floors? It doesnt seem like it though?
zaidoun123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #14
zaidoun123
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16
Likes (Received): 0

here is the link incase you dont see the picture.


http://www.kippreport.com/2010/03/ku...-burj-al-arab/
zaidoun123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 03:18 AM   #15
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,843
Likes (Received): 1550

thanks for the post zaidoun123

here is the pic from the article:

BigDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #16
elusive
Registered User
 
elusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Baghdad
Posts: 4,112
Likes (Received): 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidoun123 View Post


This 39-floor building is being touted as northern Iraq’s take on Dubai’s famous ‘seven star’ hotel. But critics say the development doesn’t serve the needs of locals.
Tanya Goudsouzian
print | email | discuss It is being touted as Iraqi Kurdistan’s answer to the Burj Al Arab, Dubai’s ‘seven-star’ hotel.

On paper, this statement might seem an aberration for those who are familiar with the dusty, small towns of northern Iraq. Yet the 39-floor concrete structure has been popularly dubbed “Burj Suleimanieh,” even though the owner has already announced that it will be “The Grand Millennium Suleimanieh,” affiliated with the high-end British franchise.

Construction work began in June 2006. It was originally slated for completion by summer of 2010, but the deadline was pushed back by a year due to unforeseen logistical snags.
The relatively secure Iraqi Kurdistan region is still considered a war zone, says the project manager, Amer Jawad. It has been challenging to bring in the foreign expertise required to meet the lofty standards and specifications, he says.

The hotel, designed by an Abu Dhabi-based architecture firm, will contain five executive floors, one revolving restaurant, and two swimming pools. Finding skilled labor was also an issue, says Jawad, adding that many of the workers had to be brought from Baghdad or India.
None of this has thwarted the ambitions of Farouk Mala Mustafa, chairman of Farouk Holding Group and owner of telecom giant Asia Cell, which, with an 8,000-strong staff, is the second biggest employer after the regional government. He also owns two cement factories, several other hotels, and a medium-cost housing complex called the Goyzha Project on the outskirts of the city.

“[Mustafa] is doing this because he loves his city; his goal is to serve the people of Suleimanieh,” says Warzer Sarwar, his nephew and the project’s resident engineer.

Critics of the project say that such a large-scale venture is premature and that $150 million could have been better spent on meeting the needs of the local populace, who earn average monthly salaries of $500 and make do with a 12-hour-daily ration of electricity.

Mustafa is also in the process of building a 400-bed hospital, which although it will be private, will fund a charitable foundation to help cover the needs of those who cannot afford health care.

In recent years, there has been growing frustration among residents of Suleimanieh that the neighboring city of Erbil, the capital of the Kurdish region, has attracted the majority of foreign investment. Soaring silver towers now grace the urban landscape of Erbil, as well as clusters of de facto commercial zones, such as English Village and American Village, which house the regional representation offices of the likes of LG and Ernst & Young. Suleimanieh, residents say, has been left behind.

Kamran Ahmed Abdulla, minister of planning and reconstruction for the Kurdistan Regional Government, said: “We are currently surveying Kurdistan’s infrastructure, so we can evaluate the needs of the region. We can then develop a plan to improve our infrastructure.”

Additional reporting by Lara Fatah in Suleimanieh, Kurdistan

- Trends magazine



This article says its 39 floors? It doesnt seem like it though?
it'll serve the needs of the locals in the future when tourism increases and more jobs will be available
__________________
“Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless”

-
<< VISIT BAGHDAD, ARAB CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2013 >>

-
elusive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #17
kurd123
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,239
Likes (Received): 0

So it is 39 flours?

P.S kurdistan has alot of tourists coming, with an increase every year.. most people hear iraq, and think war.. people are not aware..
and the locals will allways complain, only I know them.. even if their millionairs they will stay cry for more.. kurdistan is not a war zone....

Last edited by kurd123; April 19th, 2010 at 11:53 PM.
kurd123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 01:47 AM   #18
sheytanElKebir
dreams of Babylon rising
 
sheytanElKebir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: samawah
Posts: 11,783
Likes (Received): 3451

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurd123 View Post
So it is 39 flours?

P.S kurdistan has alot of tourists coming, with an increase every year.. most people hear iraq, and think war.. people are not aware..
and the locals will allways complain, only I know them.. even if their millionairs they will stay cry for more.. kurdistan is not a war zone....
it is not 39 floors. its 28 floors.
sheytanElKebir está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 04:34 AM   #19
.: hayat :.
*cats lover*
 
.: hayat :.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 200
Likes (Received): 0

looks...high?
__________________
Rise and rise again until the lambs become lions...
.: hayat :. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #20
elusive
Registered User
 
elusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Baghdad
Posts: 4,112
Likes (Received): 196

update:

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
__________________
“Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless”

-
<< VISIT BAGHDAD, ARAB CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2013 >>

-
elusive no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu