daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 18th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #121
Joseph85

Likes (Received): 6119

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:14 AM   #122
Joseph85

Update

Old July 24th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #123
HudsonSa
Landed

Likes (Received): 16

Nice airport with tacky fingers!
HudsonSa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #124
Joseph85

Route options to Ezeiza

[IMG][/IMG]
Old July 25th, 2012, 05:53 AM   #125
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by signol View Post
How is transit to the airport from Buenos Aires city? When I was there in December 2001, we took a train from Constiticion to Ezeiza suburb, then a local bus. A local passenger on the train said that this may have been a foolish idea, due to crime, as not many tourists / travellers come this way. We were fine in the end!

signol
Compared to other airports around the world it sucks.

Your only option is to either take a taxi or the bus which takes forever. Also that passenger was correct since the train (especially the one that runs from Ezeiza to Constitucion) runs through alot of impoverished neighborhoods which attract alot of criminals.

Transferring from an international flight at Ezeiza to a domestic one at Jorge Newbury is even worse as the only option you have then is to take a taxi which can get stuck in traffic on Av. General Paz.
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #126
Joseph85

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Compared to other airports around the world it sucks.

Your only option is to either take a taxi or the bus which takes forever. Also that passenger was correct since the train (especially the one that runs from Ezeiza to Constitucion) runs through alot of impoverished neighborhoods which attract alot of criminals.

Transferring from an international flight at Ezeiza to a domestic one at Jorge Newbury is even worse as the only option you have then is to take a taxi which can get stuck in traffic on Av. General Paz.
That of neighborhoods which attract alot of criminals is a lie, Buenos Aires compared to other Latin American cities is the safest
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #127
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph85 View Post
That of neighborhoods which attract alot of criminals is a lie, Buenos Aires compared to other Latin American cities is the safest
Compared to Guatemala City and Caracas sure, but I still would not advise someone who has just arrived in Argentina to take the local bus/train since they will immediately stand out which makes them vulnerable targets especially if they have luggage.
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #128
Joseph85

Quote:
Compared to Guatemala City and Caracas sure, but I still would not advise someone who has just arrived in Argentina to take the local bus/train since they will immediately stand out which makes them vulnerable targets especially if they have luggage.
The most common and current to take the world's airports is a taxi
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #129
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:
The most common and current to take the world's airports is a taxi
True, but it would be nice if either Ezeiza or Aeroparque had some type of train link to the city center like New York, Chicago, Tokyo, London, Madrid, or Washington DC since it makes travelling to/from the airport more economical for tourists and locals alike.
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #130
bewilder2

Likes (Received): 118

Transportation does indeed stink to city center. I certainly don't recommend public transit for tourists, due to the amount of theft. (And extends outside of public transit to dumb tourists just walking around.)

However Joseph85 is right in that violent crime is pretty low in BA. Petty theft is about all a tourist has to worry about.

I think BA has bigger worries right now than having a train link the airport to city center, as nice as that might be. On another note, the split of traffic between AEP & EZE really hurts Aerolineas, as LAN and a couple others have really exploited the lack of connecting ability. For my flight this winter into COR, I didn't even see any nonstop flights to EZE. Everything wanted to route via SCL or LIM.
bewilder2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #131
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewilder2 View Post
Transportation does indeed stink to city center. I certainly don't recommend public transit for tourists, due to the amount of theft. (And extends outside of public transit to dumb tourists just walking around.)

However Joseph85 is right in that violent crime is pretty low in BA. Petty theft is about all a tourist has to worry about.
My comments about crime were mostly directed to pickpockets, thieves, etc. Most violent crime like anywhere else in the world is centered around people who personally know the victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewilder2 View Post
I think BA has bigger worries right now than having a train link the airport to city center, as nice as that might be. On another note, the split of traffic between AEP & EZE really hurts Aerolineas, as LAN and a couple others have really exploited the lack of connecting ability. For my flight this winter into COR, I didn't even see any nonstop flights to EZE. Everything wanted to route via SCL or LIM.
That is certainly the main problem with Ezeiza, since nearly all international flights depart from Ezeiza while most domestic flights land at Aeroparque which makes Buenos Aires as a whole a terrible place to connect to another flight compared with other Latin American cities like Santiago, Lima, and Bogota where everything is centralized.

If I would have my way I would close Aeroparque (and redevelop it since it sits on prime real estate) and move all of the flights to Ezeiza to improve it's status as a connecting hub.
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:45 PM   #132
Joseph85

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonSa View Post
Nice airport with tacky fingers!
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:41 PM   #133
gnzlnho
Buenos Aires

Likes (Received): 719

Que significa?
gnzlnho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #134
Joseph85

Update

Old August 5th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #135
Gil

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
True, but it would be nice if either Ezeiza or Aeroparque had some type of train link to the city center like New York, Chicago, Tokyo, London, Madrid, or Washington DC since it makes travelling to/from the airport more economical for tourists and locals alike.
I posted this in the Buenos Aires Transport forum about extending the Subte line E to Ezeiza. Don't know if there's been any progress on it. I'm not sure getting a line out to AEP is a priority.

When I was there I used the shuttle buses run by Manuel Tienda Leon. It took a while to figure out where the buses leave the airport, but it's convenient enough, though you're at the mercy of local traffic. Their downtown terminal is across the plaza from Retiro station. I should have purchased a round trip ticket though as prices had gone up while I was there!

An interesting feature at Ezeiza that I have not seen elsewhere is the additional security screening at the boarding area for particular flights. What criteria do flights qualify for the extra screening? It looks like flights from gate 2 get the additional scrutiny as it's somewhat separated from the rest of the gates.
Gil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #136
Joseph85

Some pics

Old August 14th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #137
Joseph85

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnzlnho View Post
Que significa?
Lindo Aeropuerto tomada con dedos pegajosos, algunas fotos salen movidas, pero deben ser 2 o 3 nomas
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #138
Joseph85

CONFIRMED ITS FOUR TURKISH AIRLINES FLIGHTS A WEEK TO BUENOS AIRES

The airline, which currently flies four times a week between Istanbul and Sao Paulo, will begin operating daily year-end. At the same time from October to continue the current four flights to Buenos Aires, which means landing the company in Argentina. Operation to be carried out with Boeing 777ER. According to the company, from 2010 to 2011 the growth of passengers boarded in Brazil to Turkey grew by 50%, expecting a similar jump this year. The company's goal is to expand its presence in Latin America. Created in 1933 with a fleet of five aircraft, Turkish Airlines now has 184 aircraft and flies to 199 destinations, 164 international.
Old August 18th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #139
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Operation to be carried out with Boeing 777ER.
773ER = B77W
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:17 PM   #140
Joseph85

Landing on Aeroparque

Last edited by Joseph85; August 25th, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
Joseph85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
argentina, buenos aires, latam hub airport