SkyscraperCity Forum banner

ERBIL | Korek tower | NEVER BUILT

9K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Sinjar 
#1 ·
I'v seen the poster for this tower since 2007, I don't know if they started or will start it, but I guess they will since they havent taken it down.

See less See more
#3 ·
with korek being bought out by ETISALAT... will it be called ETISALAT tower?

#11 ·
Actually i think we should change it to NEVER BUILT.. we don't know if it's even a real project !

we should only put it to ON-HOLD if we knew that there was some progress, but for some reason they stopped construction..

from the looks of things, this one didn't even start construction !

#13 ·
ERBIL | Korek Tower | Proposal

K&A designed the plans for the facility, which will consist of twin towers that are expected to become one of the tallest tower in Kurdistan region. Korek Tower will consist of one building, which will be completed either as a residential space or a hotel facility, and a second, which will serve as an office structure with a shopping mall at its base. The project is currently in the preliminary
design phase, with the tendering process expected to begin in late 2013.

The design of Korek Tower was influenced by the historic Erbil Citadel (which serves as the inspiration for the base of the structure) and the Erbil Minaret (which served as the inspiration for the individual towers). The facility will be owned and operated by Korek Group.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.