daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Sunderland and Durham

Sunderland and Durham For Sunderland, Washington, County Durham

Old January 20th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #21
YorkshireMackem

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by denm View Post
Thanks for the info marra, ----I'm sure I read a while back, --that the Bunker was to close, due to lack of funds, --glad they are still open though.
One of my mates was talking to Kenny, the lad who runs the place, about a year ago and he said that the revenue from bands practising, etc wasn't enough to keep it going and they were really struggling. He did say that they had some revenue from the local authority coming in for holding music classes for kids excluded from schools, which was just about keeping them afloat. At that point he also mentioned that he hadn't taken a wage for about a year or so.

Kenny was also trying to get the Sunderland Music Forum started to get ideas together for how they can launch the music scene in the City. I went to the launch event at the SSOL but haven't heard much since, apart from organising a few events such as the 'Split' Festival at Ashbrooke Cricket Club. Anyone know any more about this?
YorkshireMackem no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 20th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #22
denm

Likes (Received): 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireMackem View Post
One of my mates was talking to Kenny, the lad who runs the place, about a year ago and he said that the revenue from bands practising, etc wasn't enough to keep it going and they were really struggling. He did say that they had some revenue from the local authority coming in for holding music classes for kids excluded from schools, which was just about keeping them afloat. At that point he also mentioned that he hadn't taken a wage for about a year or so.

Kenny was also trying to get the Sunderland Music Forum started to get ideas together for how they can launch the music scene in the City. I went to the launch event at the SSOL but haven't heard much since, apart from organising a few events such as the 'Split' Festival at Ashbrooke Cricket Club. Anyone know any more about this?
Regarding the Split Festival, I heard it was a good event, ---but other than that, --I don't know anymore, ---it would be a pity if the Bunker does close though, --and the Lad who is running it is to be commended, --and doing it for free too, --good luck to him.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #23
kingdom bhoy

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Regarding the Split Festival, I heard it was a good event, ---but other than that, --I don't know anymore, ---it would be a pity if the Bunker does close though, --and the Lad who is running it is to be commended, --and doing it for free too, --good luck to him.
I was @ the Split festival @ Ashbrooke and it was excellent. Leys hope they repeat it this year. Yes Kenny is a top man

Last edited by kingdom bhoy; January 29th, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #24
kingdom bhoy

Campus music venue to re-open ?

Sinderland Univ. and the Students Union are in talks to get it up and running again.
Old January 29th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #25
denm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
Sinderland Univ. and the Students Union are in talks to get it up and running again.

Seems that not many people have been using the place, ---lets hope they make a go of it this time.
Old January 29th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #26
denm

Bit in the Echo about a couple of Sunderland Bands---along with others, --are to play in a gig for the Haiti appeal.
Old January 29th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #27
kingdom bhoy

Quote:
Bit in the Echo about a couple of Sunderland Bands---along with others, --are to play in a gig for the Haiti appeal.
Yes they are the excellent Field Music who have done well in the USA and Frankie and the Heartstrings.

They both played the Split festival and were class.

Last edited by kingdom bhoy; January 29th, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old January 29th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #28
denm

Quote:
Yes they are the excellent Field Music who have done well in the USA and Frankie and the Heartstrings.

They both played the Spilt festival and were class.
It's great to see local Bands doing well, ---and good on them for giving their time for this Haiti gig.
Old January 29th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #29
denm

--kb, --do you know anything about a Band called, -- "six nowt", ---I saw a bit of them on you tube, ----the film was about the Clarendon, --but theres a bit showing the Band, -----I posted the link on the Double Maxim thread.
Old January 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #30
kingdom bhoy

Quote:
--kb, --do you know anything about a Band called, -- "six nowt", ---I saw a bit of them on you tube, ----the film was about the Clarendon, --but theres a bit showing the Band, -----I posted the link on the Double Maxim thread.

Yes they are a great band I have seen them live in Eaurzone and the Borough.
Old January 29th, 2010, 11:02 AM   #31
denm

Quote:
Yes they are a great band I have seen them live in Eaurzone and the Borough.

They sounded ok, ---- although they're a bit noisy for my ears now , --anyway, --did you see the you tube on the DM thread. ?
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #32
kingdom bhoy

Quote:
They sounded ok, ---- although they're a bit noisy for my ears now , --anyway, --did you see the you tube on the DM thread. ?
See reply on DM thread.

Another cracking local band Blue Diamond are playing Eauzone, Sunnise tonight. www.eauzoneltd.co.uk
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #33
kingdom bhoy

Quote:
Seems that not many people have been using the place, ---lets hope they make a go of it this time.
The Beautiful South and Ocean Colour Seed gigs were full but I don't know about the rest.
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #34
denm

Quote:
See reply on DM thread.

Another cracking local band Blue Diamond are playing Eauzone, Sunnise tonight. www.eauzoneltd.co.uk
Eauzone, ---did this used to be the DLI Club, --on the corner of Norfolk Street/Coronation.?
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #35
kingdom bhoy

Quote:
Eauzone, ---did this used to be the DLI Club, --on the corner of Norfolk Street/Coronation.?

Yes thats the one its a good bar. Lovely food music and Guinness.
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #36
denm

Quote:
The Beautiful South and Ocean Colour Seed gigs were full but I don't know about the rest.

Wylam Leisure seem to think, --that cheaper booze in the City Centre was to blame for drop in sales --also that the Venue is in the wrong place, -- hopefully now they can get more people through the doors.
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #37
denm

Quote:
Yes thats the one its a good bar. Lovely food music and Guinness.

I know it now, --so would you say it is a well used and popular pub?
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #38
kingdom bhoy

Quote:
Wylam Leisure seem to think, --that cheaper booze in the City Centre was to blame for drop in sales --also that the Venue is in the wrong place, -- hopefully now they can get more people through the doors.
The ironic thing about that was some of the cheap booze will have been sold @ Wylam Leisure pubs ie P/wacks and TTonic
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:23 PM   #39
kingdom bhoy

Quote:
I know it now, --so would you say it is a well used and popular pub?
Its been busy when I have been there for food on a lunchtime and when the bands are on eraly Sunday evenings but I don't know about the rest of the time.
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #40
denm

Quote:
The ironic thing about that was some of the cheap booze will have been sold @ Wylam Leisure pubs ie P/wacks and TTonic

That is exactly what I thought when I read it, ---had to chuckle at what they said, ----still lets hope those who are taking over to a decent job.

Tags
north east eng - media