daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 29th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #21
aab7772003

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by way of thinking View Post
Investors Conference, Berlin, 26.08.2010 shows Air Berlin´s strategy towards joining oneworld

American Airlines
- Introduction of code share flights as of November 1st 2010
- Bilateral FFP cooperation
- Cooperation in sales and marketing when legally possible

British Airways
- Code share discussions already initiated. Implementation planned for summer schedule 2011:
all flights between Germany and UK
all flights to US and Canada
- Bilateral FFP cooperation planned
- Potential shift of AB flights to London Gatwick airport for better market penetration and additional feeder opportunities

Iberia
- Code share discussion scheduled for end of August. Implementation planned for summer schedule 2011
- Bilateral FFP cooperation planned

Finnair
- Introduction of code share flights as of October 2010:
Helsinki -> Hamburg, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich, Stuttgart
Helsinki -> Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Seoul, Hong Kong, Singapore
- Bilateral FFP cooperation
- Cooperation in sales and marketing when legally possible

source: http://ir.airberlin.com/fileadmin/PD...ence-final.pdf
Air Berlin joining Oneworld is really about how Air Berlin will handsomely profit from being the feeder airline to other Oneworld airlines´ intercontinental services rather than turning BBI´s intercontinental dream into a reality. This business plan has sort of unmasked whatever PR explanations Air Berlin has released regarding its "streaming" of its B787 order.

When Germans make package tour holidays to their perennial favorite sun and beach destinations, they want to take NONSTOP flights from the airports closest to their homes, such as Frankfurt, Munich, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Nürnberg, Hamburg, Hannover, Stuttgart. This trend sure will never go away. The more realistic truth is that BBI will see more flights than ever to Frankfurt, Munich, London and the Iberian Peninsula as well as the emergence of the shuttle service to Helsinki. BBI will just reinforce its role as the Washington Reagen National Airport for Germany rather than the JFK of Germany.

BBI will become some sort of intercontinental airport with Air Berlin joining Oneworld and the inevitable arrival of the Emirates A380 services. The Berlin government loves Emirates. The Berlin government will eventually triumph over Lufthansa by letting Emirates flying into BBI, when the federal government has finally come its senses to realize that blocking Emirates will not entice Lufthansa to turn BBI into anything more than another DUS.

Last edited by aab7772003; August 29th, 2010 at 09:54 PM.
aab7772003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #22
dreamery
Girl of exhilaration

Likes (Received): 13

^
I would suggest to keep this thread the Air Berlin thread and not to turn into a discussion about the new Berlin Airport. Especially due to the fact you already mentioned in the BBI thread
Quote:
It is getting so tiresome to read suggestions of, speculations on and dreams of BBI

Last edited by dreamery; August 29th, 2010 at 06:58 PM.
dreamery no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #23
aab7772003

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamery View Post
^
I would suggest to keep this thread the Air Berlin thread and not to turn into a discussion about the new Berlin Airport. Especially due to the fact you already mentioned in the BBI thread
Alright.

However, the outlines of the Air Berlin business plan are very obvious about how the airline really wants to grow. Air Berlin wants to be the ultimate Oneworld feeder airline for the entire Germany and central Europe.

Another fact is that the Berlin government loves Emirates and Emirates loves Berlin. Unlike the Qantas stunt, the FACT is that Emirates will fly to TXL in no time if Germany grants the airlines the rights to serve Berlin. I am still very curious why the "possibilities" between BBI and Emirates were not discussed in greater details PREVIOUSLY in the other thread.

Anyway, I am happy that Air Berlin has joined Oneworld as the backbone of the Oneworld feeder network. You do not see Star setting up shops at MAN with the idea that the UK needs another fortress hub operated by another global alliance in another UK city.

Last edited by aab7772003; August 30th, 2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #24
Alfie Noakes

Likes (Received): 0

Air Berlin is fantastic airline but Oneworld is a bad option I think. Star and Skyteam are going from strength to strength. BA have mega problems with the Unions, pensions , downgraded economy and cancellation of the third runway. AA has just received a 24 million dollar fine (the highest in the world ever) for shoddy maintenance. The UA/ Continental merge will put AA on the backfoot and I just can't see the BA / IB working. I think it's only a be a Star/ Skyteam world from now on.

aab7772003 - I think quite the opposite I think the UK need a serious alternative to the all eggs in one basket BA (Air London) approach. Everytime time something happens at LHR like fog or runway incident the whole UK suffers. They don't have this problem in Germany where BBI will just complement FRA, MUC and DUS so you have a multitude of options of connections throughout Europe and Beyond. As a guess I think at least 30% of North Atlantic traffic to Europe passes over or flies nearby the Manchester area. If have a look at the Manchester airport layout you can easily see they have enough land now to start redesigning the airport to make it overtake LGW within the next few decades and with no more runways for the South East and two underused runways at MAN a famous politician once said "You can't buck the market". If BA want to continue turning their backs and their noses up MAN then I am sure Star and Skyteam will not.

Last edited by Alfie Noakes; August 29th, 2010 at 11:21 PM.
Alfie Noakes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 10:26 AM   #25
way of thinking

Likes (Received): 3

Air Berlin´s CEO mentioned to the fvw-magazine on Wednesday in Cologne the following:

- Air Berlin will increase their long haul operations with entering the oneworld alliance.
- The short and medium haul operations will continue to offer one booking class. An introduction of a business class on short haul flights is not planned
- The current business class on their long haul flights will get a new layout with more comfort

The question is, how will Air Berlin increase their long haul operations? Their 787s on order will be delivered not before 11/2015. I´ve heard of a rumor which says AB is going to lease five A332 airplanes for their expansion plans. It is not official, it is only a rumor.
way of thinking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #26
ddes

Likes (Received): 938

Joining an alliance is a long term investment so increasing long haul operations is not a question of if but when and how. Long-haul planes, particularly A330, A340 and B777-200ER aircraft are easily available so I don't imagine it'll be difficult if AB really wants them.

Alfie Noakes, because Star and SkyTeam are going to be so big, that's why AB and Oneworld need each other. The biggest problem for Oneworld is BA's inability to expand at Heathrow, and this is where AB can come in. While it wouldn't be optimal for trans-Atlantic flights, AB with its hubs in Germany can model itself after KLM, with flights to UK's regional cities and onwards to the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Australia and even Eastern Europe. BA/IB is going to happen not because they'd like to but because they have to; I'm quite sure Oneworld is feeling the loss of Mexicana and the potential loss of LATAM if they don't step up their game. In addition, IAG is looking for more airlines to buy and takeover to secure the alliance's future.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #27
aab7772003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
Joining an alliance is a long term investment so increasing long haul operations is not a question of if but when and how. Long-haul planes, particularly A330, A340 and B777-200ER aircraft are easily available so I don't imagine it'll be difficult if AB really wants them.

Alfie Noakes, because Star and SkyTeam are going to be so big, that's why AB and Oneworld need each other. The biggest problem for Oneworld is BA's inability to expand at Heathrow, and this is where AB can come in. While it wouldn't be optimal for trans-Atlantic flights, AB with its hubs in Germany can model itself after KLM, with flights to UK's regional cities and onwards to the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Australia and even Eastern Europe. BA/IB is going to happen not because they'd like to but because they have to; I'm quite sure Oneworld is feeling the loss of Mexicana and the potential loss of LATAM if they don't step up their game. In addition, IAG is looking for more airlines to buy and takeover to secure the alliance's future.
The last thing BA is interested in is to feed someone else´s long-haul network, a network it is maintaining and operating, especially when the prospective partner will unlikely develop anything similar. BA can always buy more A380s to expand its capacity to "the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Australia." BA wants the UK passengers to reach the rest of the world via LHR as much as possible. If BA were truly interested in expanding its Australia network, BA would have long ago intensified its cooperation with Cathay Pacific. BA and Qantas want to have as much as Europe - Australia traffic to themselves and BER is really low on their list for their Kangaroo Route operations.

The terminal capacity of the new BBI will be almost all used up when the airport opens. The question is how willing is AB to invested in additional terminal capacity to expand its operations there before reaching out for the intercontinental dream repeated here. You can only do so much hard stand boarding with a dream intercontinental operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Noakes View Post
... Everytime time something happens at LHR like fog or runway incident the whole UK suffers. They don't have this problem in Germany where BBI will just complement FRA, MUC and DUS so you have a multitude of options of connections throughout Europe and Beyond. As a guess I think at least 30% of North Atlantic traffic to Europe passes over or flies nearby the Manchester area. If have a look at the Manchester airport layout you can easily see they have enough land now to start redesigning the airport to make it overtake LGW within the next few decades and with no more runways for the South East and two underused runways at MAN a famous politician once said "You can't buck the market". If BA want to continue turning their backs and their noses up MAN then I am sure Star and Skyteam will not.
Since when the absolute majority of politicians know anything about airline/airport operations? Since when the fact that "at least 30% of North Atlantic traffic to Europe passes over or flies nearby the Manchester area" means ALL airlines can make serious money on the ground at MAN? BA is a profit-orientated company, the last thing it would do, unlike its BOAC/BEA predecessors, is to "buck the market." MAN is VERY well served as a spoke by airlines from all over the world to their respective hubs. When something happens at FRA, airlines cannot just send their FRA-origin and FRA-bound passengers to DUS and MUC, etc. since the distances between these airports is nowhere near the distances between all London airports.

Last edited by aab7772003; September 17th, 2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #28
ddes

Likes (Received): 938

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7772003 View Post
The last thing BA is interested in is to feed someone else´s long-haul network...
Unless someone else's network is their own.

Don't disregard the fact that BA CEO have said that they aren't looking at just BA/IB; they ARE looking to expand, merge with more carriers... That's why the airline company's holding name is International Airlines Group and not British Airways-Iberia. Unlike AF/KL, they clearly want more... and I'm just saying that prematurely eliminating the possibility of a merger with a full-service AB isn't a wise thing to do. And please take note I mentioned "full service AB" so that means I don't think it's the time to do so now.

Lufthansa could do it with Swiss, Austrian and Brussels Airlines, Air France with KLM, so I do not see why BA/IB can't do a deal with AB in the not-too-distant future.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #29
aab7772003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
Unless someone else's network is their own.

Don't disregard the fact that BA CEO have said that they aren't looking at just BA/IB; they ARE looking to expand, merge with more carriers... That's why the airline company's holding name is International Airlines Group and not British Airways-Iberia. Unlike AF/KL, they clearly want more... and I'm just saying that prematurely eliminating the possibility of a merger with a full-service AB isn't a wise thing to do. And please take note I mentioned "full service AB" so that means I don't think it's the time to do so now.

Lufthansa could do it with Swiss, Austrian and Brussels Airlines, Air France with KLM, so I do not see why BA/IB can't do a deal with AB in the not-too-distant future.

We all know that Vienna and Brussels are secondary to Frankfurt, Munich, and Zurich in the LH system. LH puts the greatest emphasis on FRA and MUC and certainly do not treat all these airports like they were equal. Again, BER is a very low-yield market. Therefore, it is very difficult to develop a full-fledged intercontinental hub out of BER/BBI when there local market demand for intercontinental services is not profitable enough for airlines. It is quite unlikely that AB will go the complete full-service route and base in Berlin at the same time. Low-cost airline intercontinental hubs are also usually located in cities that host premium intercontinental service airports. Someone else's networks are never exactly your own because the ultimate survival and prosperity of your business never depend on these external networks. Please take note of the fact that I mentioned the condition "especially when the prospective partner will unlikely develop anything similar."

The IAG CEO also says that IAG is looking into to buy Cathay Pacific from its final shortlist of 12. Cathay Pacific will not be bought by IAG because the mainland Chinese government will prevent such transaction at all cost. In a word, I have already taken his PR spin with a grain of salt. Honestly, the name IAG has been created to appease populations in the UK and Spain more than anything else.

Last edited by aab7772003; September 17th, 2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:29 AM   #30
way of thinking

Air Berlin is going to establish internet access on board said yesterday in New York Air Berlin´s CEO Mr. Hunold. He also announced nonstop flights via TXL and JFK starting next summer (4/7, on days 1, 3, 5, 7, AB7248 an AB7249) and daily service DUS-JFK (instead of 5/7), all in codeshare with AA. Additionally TXL-MIA service starting this winter will be served 3/7 instead of 2/7 in S11.
Referencies: Financial Times Deutschland and Air Berlin Website

Last edited by way of thinking; November 11th, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old November 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #31
way of thinking

airberlin extends codeshare arrangements with Bangkok Airways

Quote:
airberlin and Bangkok Airways are strengthening their cooperation with immediate effect. In addition to airberlin’s non-stop services to Bangkok and Phuket, airberlin passenger now also have the option of a connecting flight from the Thai capital to Phnom Penh/Cambodia on Bangkok Airways. The codeshare flights to Koh Samui, Chiang Mai and Phuket will remain in place.
Link
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:40 PM   #32
way of thinking

airberlin will shift their flights from NUE and HAJ to London from STN to LGW in February. The flights from DUS, FMO and PAD keep being served to STN for the moment.

PR on airberlin-website
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #33
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18220

Airlines Cut Capacity In Response To German Air Traffic Tax
18 November 2010

FRANKFURT (Dow Jones)--Airlines are cutting routes in response to the German government's plans to impose a tax on air travel from 2011 in a move that could mean less choice and higher prices for customers.

Air Berlin PLC (AB1.XE) Thursday said it would reverse previous plans to expand and instead reduce its fleet of aircraft next year as it tries to offset an expected hit to revenue of EUR160 million to EUR170 million due to the planned tax increases. It said it will reduce capacity by 5% by reducing its fleet by seven aircraft effective with its summer flight schedule 2011 and discontinue some of its least profitable flight routes to protect earnings.

The comments by Germany's second-largest airline come after Ireland's Ryanair Holdings PLC (RYA.DB), Europe's largest low-cost carrier, said last month that it will cut 30% of flights from its main German base at Frankfurt Hahn airport, resulting in one million fewer passengers flying from Hahn.

That's bad news for Hahn, which is about an hour by car from Frankfurt and is heavily reliant on Ryanair's business. Wizz Air, Iceland Express and Star XL German Airlines are the only other airlines operating at the airport. The airport has pledged to increase cargo traffic and win more passenger airlines in response to Ryanair's plans.

"In the end, the tax forces the airlines to try to sustain their profitability, which in some cases can only be accomplished by selective service reductions," said LBBW aviation analyst Per-Ola Hellgren.

With yields already low as a result of a fall in demand during the economic downturn and due to stiff competition on local routes, airlines have to decide whether to discontinue routes, reduce capacity or raise prices to protect yields, Hellgren said. In many cases a combination of capacity adjustment and higher prices is likely, he added.

As part of the German government's plans to reduce its budget deficit, it announced that from the start of 2011 short-haul flights departing from Germany will be taxed an additional EUR8 per flight. Medium-haul and long-haul flights will be taxed EUR25 and EUR45 per flight respectively.

"In my opinion, the fierce competition on some flight routes will make it impossible to pass on the air travel tax to the passengers in its entirety," Air Berlin Chief Executive Joachim Hunold said.

Airlines have fiercely opposed the levy saying that demand for air traffic is bound to suffer. Smaller carriers that rely heavily on short distance flights are expected to suffer most.

Hunold said the tax increases would hit his company more than large carriers like German flag carrier Deutsche Lufthansa AG (LHA.XE) because cargo and transit passenger traffic has been exempted from the levy.

Lufthansa has said it expects the tax increases to pinch passenger numbers, but it's still planning to increase capacity in 2011 by 6% to 10%. However, the expansion will mostly be on more lucrative international routes which use larger aircraft.

Lufthansa and Ryanair declined to comment further Thursday. The U.K.'s easyJet PLC (EZJLN), which also has several routes to and from Germany, wasn't immediately available to comment.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #34
hkskyline
Hong Kong

German court tells Air Berlin pilots not to strike

FRANKFURT, Nov 23 (Reuters) - A Frankfurt court told Air Berlin pilots to call off a planned strike due to start early on Wednesday that could have crippled the operations of Germany's second-biggest airline.

Air Berlin had sought a temporary injunction to avert the strike called by pilots' union Vereinigung Cockpit (VC) in a dispute centered around working hours on long-haul flights.

"We can only urge you to resume negotiations," presiding judge Frauke Denecke said after a hastily called hearing late on Tuesday.

The pilots had already called off planned industrial action twice this year to resume talks, but the two parties failed to reach an agreement.

"Postponed is not abandoned," said VC spokesman Joerg Handwerg.

Germany's biggest airline, Lufthansa earlier this year took a hit of nearly 50 million euros ($67.1 million) from a day-long pilots' strike in February that led to about 2,000 flight cancellations and stranded thousands of travellers.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old November 28th, 2010, 08:07 PM   #35
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Air Berlin Mulling Lawsuit On German Air Travel Tax - Report
28 November 2010

FRANKFURT (Dow Jones)--Air Berlin PC (AB1.XE) is considering filing a lawsuit against Germany's planned air traffic tax, the airline's Chief Executive Joachim Hunold says in newspaper Tagesspiegel.

Hunold says that a number of legal opinions cast doubt on the legality of the tax.

The additional burden for Air Berlin from Germany's plan to tax air travel beginning in 2011 will be between EUR160 million and EUR170 million next year, Hunold says.

Earlier this month, the airline said it would reduce capacity and trim its fleet in response to the tax.

Newspaper website: www.tagesspiegel.de

Old December 17th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #36
dreamery
Girl of exhilaration

former Hamburg International in airberlin style. I like it.

Old January 15th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #37
way of thinking

airberlin to expand Executive Board

Preparation for Oneworld® membership

Press Release from 14.01.2011:
Quote:
In view of the airline’s full membership of oneworld that is planned for the start of 2012, airberlin’s Board decided to increase the number of its Executive Board members from the current level of three so that they can all pool their forces in preparation for joining the leading global airline alliance. In future the Executive Board will therefore consist of CEO Joachim Hunold, CFO Ulf Hüttmeyer and COO Christoph Debus as well as the CCO (Chief Commercial Officer), who is still to be appointed. Until the new appointment has been made, Joachim Hunold will be taking over as acting CCO with responsibility for Network and Sales. Christoph Debus, as Chief Operating Officer (COO), in addition to being responsible for Operations and Human Resources, will be concentrating primarily on integrating LTU and affiliated companies, as well as preparing the information technology (IT) system for the challenges associated with future cooperation arrangements within oneworld.
Link
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #38
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Air Berlin PLC Passenger Volume Rose 3.8% In 2010, 3.3% In Dec
11 January 2011

FRANKFURT (Dow Jones)-German airline Air Berlin PLC (AB1.XE) said Tuesday it carried 3.8% more passengers in 2010 for a total of 33.6 million. The figure includes passengers on routes it acquired when it bought low-cost carrier NIKI last year.

MAIN FACTS:

- In 2010, a total of 33,593,010 passengers traveled on Air Berlin's flight route network (including NIKI routes), i.e. an increase of 3.8 percent over the previous year (2009: 32,375,531 passengers, including those on the NIKI routes).

- Air Berlin was thus able to increase the number of passengers, as forecast in spring, despite the unexpected external influences that marked 2010.

- Fleet capacity utilization for 2010 decreased from 77.5% to 76.8%, i.e. by 0.7 percentage points, whereas accumulated capacity increased by 4.7%.

- In December 2010, Air Berlin welcomed 2,285,974 passengers on board, an increase of 3.3% (Dec. 2009: 2,212,118 passengers, including those traveling on NIKI routes).

- At 76.0%, December fleet capacity utilization surpassed the level of the corresponding month of the previous year by 2.9 percentage points.

Old January 21st, 2011, 02:35 PM   #39
dreamery
Girl of exhilaration

airberlin enters membership in AEA

airberlin has become a new AEA (Association of European Airlines) airline member since beginning of this year.

Quote:
“We are delighted that airberlin has joined the Association of European Airlines”, said AEA Secretary General Ulrich Schulte-Strathaus. “A product of German reunification, the airline has consistently grown both organically, as well as through acquisitions into an airline group with 8,200 employees, whose 169 aircraft transported 33.6 million passengers in 2010; airberlin will certainly add further clout to the voice of the AEA“.

Joachim Hunold, Chief Executive Officer of airberlin, echoed this optimism and added: “In traditional terms we are a hybrid carrier. That means we aim to offer a high-quality product at very reasonable prices, with leisure and business travellers equally welcome on board our aircraft. We operate from primary airports, offer point-to-point services as well as connecting flights, run a very successful and fast-growing frequent flyer programme and have tailored our product to serve the needs of business travellers. Premium check-in facilities, lounges and class differentiation on our longhaul flights are just a few examples. I believe we, in the airline sector, should focus primarily on consumer interests, and make sure these are well understood in the political world. In this respect airlines should co-ordinate their efforts more effectively
to boost the competitiveness of European aviation. The business models are the result of commercial decisions and should not play any role when promoting the interests of European aviation and its customers”.
PR of AEA
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #40
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Air Berlin Shares Slump After Profit Warning
27 January 2011

FRANKFURT (Dow Jones)--Shares in Air Berlin plc (AB1.XE) fell sharply Thursday after the second-largest German airline announced late Wednesday that it will post a full-year loss for 2010 as harsh winter weather and strikes hit earnings in November and December.

The airline had previously expected that earnings before interest and tax, or EBIT, would exceed the 2009 level. Air Berlin's EBIT in 2009 was EUR28.5 million.

Air Berlin now forecasts an EBIT loss in the single-digit million euro range for 2010. The company is due to report detailed full-year earnings on March 24.

At 1045 GMT, Air Berlin shares traded down 4.4% at EUR3.60, while the SDAX was up 0.5%.

NordLB analyst Martina Noss said in a note that weather-related disruptions were expected to hurt earnings, but the magnitude of the earnings impact at Air Berlin is "a negative surprise".

"In our view, the circumstances mentioned by Air Berlin could only explain part of the deviation," BHF Bank said in a note, referring to the previous earnings guidance.

"Air Berlin was much less affected by the severe winter conditions than Lufthansa, where 4,500 flights were cancelled ... We would not rule out that other factors also led to this poor development," it said.

German peer Deutsche Lufthansa AG (LHA.XE) recently confirmed its full-year outlook for 2010 and noted that earnings should have improved in the fourth quarter last year despite severe winter weather.

In December, heavy snowfall and ice grounded hundreds of flights at Lufthansa's main airport in Frankfurt and elsewhere in Europe.

Tags
european airlines, germany, oneworld