daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Economic and Business

Economic and Business Discussion for the Republic of the Congo

Old May 5th, 2010, 02:28 AM   #101
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 2703

Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Heeding the call of the Head of State: The Koreans willing to invest within 5 yards of the Republic

Quote:
Mr. Joash Mbitso Ngedza, Vice-Minister of Finance, yesterday opened Monday, May 3, 2010 the work of the conference on whether to finance development projects by the Cooperation Fund for Economic Development of South Korea. This follows the last passage of the Head of State, Joseph Kabila Kabange in Korea, where he had appealed to Korean investors to come to the Democratic Republic of Congo. And the chairman of Exim Bank, which came into action the will of No. 1 of the DRC.

In his speech, Vice Minister of Finance noted that economically, the DRC has made efforts in stabilizing the macroeconomic framework and improving the business environment. On the program concluded with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank Vice-Minister revealed that his country was moving towards the completion point, which led to the cancellation of its external debt of about 90% by July 2010. "Politically, the institutions resulting from the elections free, democratic and independent are found at both national and provincial levels," he said, while saying that our country is in a very important phase of its reconstruction. And the contribution of bilateral and multilateral partners is therefore eagerly awaited.

The DRC therefore welcomes the Cooperation Fund for Economic Development of South Korea for its willingness to support them with financing major projects likely to contribute to national development. "The Government's concern is to see the Fund fund particular projects within the framework of the 5 sites that are focused on infrastructure rehabilitation, health, education, water and electricity and jobs, "before mentioning that on the creation of jobs, in addition to the promoted areas, funding is expected in agriculture and small and medium enterprises.

Jean-Marie Nkambua
BUTEMBO21 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 5th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #102
Jackmorrison123

Likes (Received): 0

As the head of the group that has been trying to re-open SOSIDER for over three years, you should hear this story from my side.
All of the workers know who I am. They have wanted this partnership to go through for years.
I praise President Kabila for his efforts to get foreign dollars spent on non-mining concessions that will generate jobs and help with the rebuilding of a nation.
I have also had meetings with the Prime Minister who , with an impossible task laid before him, has also been very helpful to do the right thing for the people of the Congo.
When Bongeli was in office, he also looked at this project through the eyes of a man who wanted to help his country. There are many like him still in office that believe in the President’s plan for re-construction. I compliment them!!! I know the temptation to fall into the old ways is strong. This is not about what good can come to any one man(or woman)…it is about change.

Many others have a much different view that does not look out for the best interest of the men and women of Maluku, I can only wonder if anyone knows the truth. If it were not for some putting their own interest ahead of that of the country, the steel mill would have been running over two years ago!
As an investor, had it not been for the letters of encouragement I received from my men in Kinshasa and from ALL of the workers in Maluku(Yes everyone, ....I listen), I would have left your country to its own problems and gone somewhere I didn’t have to fight so hard to help.

Jack Morrison
By the way. Check the dates! The negotiations with COPIREP for the partnership with Global/Sosider were finalized on the 31st of December 2009(It took two years) when they were signed off by representatives from the Office of the Prime Minister…The Office of the Vice Prime Minister. The Office of the Minister of Portfolio. The Office of the Minister of Industry and yes….even NKONDI signed off for SOSIDER.

Though it was a bill owed by the Government, I agreed to pay the workers back-wages myself. I felt it was the only way they would get paid.
And! There are 1,308 housing units(a few of which have been destroyed by the recent rains)
Jackmorrison123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #103
Jackmorrison123

I am an American that has been trying to invest in a project for almost five years. I see the changes in the government and I am VERY thankful. I should have had 10,000 people working two years ago
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #104
Mulopwe

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmorrison123 View Post
As the head of the group that has been trying to re-open SOSIDER for over three years, you should hear this story from my side.
All of the workers know who I am. They have wanted this partnership to go through for years.
I praise President Kabila for his efforts to get foreign dollars spent on non-mining concessions that will generate jobs and help with the rebuilding of a nation.
I have also had meetings with the Prime Minister who , with an impossible task laid before him, has also been very helpful to do the right thing for the people of the Congo.
When Bongeli was in office, he also looked at this project through the eyes of a man who wanted to help his country. There are many like him still in office that believe in the President’s plan for re-construction. I compliment them!!! I know the temptation to fall into the old ways is strong. This is not about what good can come to any one man(or woman)…it is about change.

Many others have a much different view that does not look out for the best interest of the men and women of Maluku, I can only wonder if anyone knows the truth. If it were not for some putting their own interest ahead of that of the country, the steel mill would have been running over two years ago!
As an investor, had it not been for the letters of encouragement I received from my men in Kinshasa and from ALL of the workers in Maluku(Yes everyone, ....I listen), I would have left your country to its own problems and gone somewhere I didn’t have to fight so hard to help.

Jack Morrison
By the way. Check the dates! The negotiations with COPIREP for the partnership with Global/Sosider were finalized on the 31st of December 2009(It took two years) when they were signed off by representatives from the Office of the Prime Minister…The Office of the Vice Prime Minister. The Office of the Minister of Portfolio. The Office of the Minister of Industry and yes….even NKONDI signed off for SOSIDER.

Though it was a bill owed by the Government, I agreed to pay the workers back-wages myself. I felt it was the only way they would get paid.
And! There are 1,308 housing units(a few of which have been destroyed by the recent rains)
Heavy bureaucracy and corruption still a major issue in DRC.

What is the status? Will you try to push things to make this happened or at the point of abandoning the project? Please advice.

Mulopwe
Mulopwe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #105
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
I am an American that has been trying to invest in a project for almost five years. I see the changes in the government and I am VERY thankful. I should have had 10,000 people working two years ago
10,000 employees? wow , i had no idea it was that big. All i can say is good luck. because the bureaucracy and corruption in this country are almost close to hell.
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #106
MBA-Congo
BROKEN ARROWS

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulopwe View Post
Heavy bureaucracy and corruption still a major issue in DRC.

What is the status? Will you try to push things to make this happened or at the point of abandoning the project? Please advice.

Mulopwe
How the hell is he going to abandon it He going stay their swimming in that bureaucracy. It's an investment he can't afford to lose the reward is to much. Congo is growing.

RADI MUKE.
vs Rabbi Nkunda Big Kagame
MBA-Congo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #107
Jackmorrison123

I have always been a fighter!!

There is too much that needs to be done to quit. This project is too visible too fail. If done properly, it can be the cornerstone that will encourage others to invest in the DRC. There is so much to do!!!
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #108
Jackmorrison123

The plant can not support that number of employees. But the plant will need scrap. It will need 150,000 to 200,000MT a year. We will need 1000's of people from all over the country collecting scrap to deliver to collection areas close to them to feed the plant.
For every person you can pay, you can feed, clothe, house and educate nine more.
Old May 6th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #109
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
The plant can not support that number of employees. But the plant will need scrap. It will need 150,000 to 200,000MT a year. We will need 1000's of people from all over the country collecting scrap to deliver to collection areas close to them to feed the plant.
For every person you can pay, you can feed, clothe, house and educate nine more.
Thanks for your info , i hope its successesful , there definately need for such industry in a such a city and country.

Such industry helps the environment a lot.
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #110
Mulopwe

Quote:
For long period of time the Maluku plant enjoy absolute monopoly. There are now several small producers using same technique at smaller scale with less production cost all over Kinshasa; this could be the reason there is delay.

Mulopwe
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #111
Jackmorrison123

Re-opening the plant in Maluku will have very little effect on the small producers. There will always be a market for the small jobs.

My goal is to provide the volume where large projects in the DRC can buy materials for construction manufactured in the DRC with materials found in the DRC. The overall goal will be to lower prices to make building more affordable.

Had the government worked fast enough, we would have taken over the cement as well.

Next is food. Why does the DRC have to import 25% of it's food. The DRC should be able to export to other countries for a profit.

I am using this forum to get ideas. My thoughts are dehydration to solve the problem of cassava rotting before it reaches the market. Question...will people eat it?

I also want to put in huge pools to raise fish. Aquaculture has been proven to help where food is needed. My guess is talapia. I would love your thoughts.
Old May 7th, 2010, 11:02 AM   #112
preme3000

Likes (Received): 589

Hi Jackmorrison123,

have you got a company website we can have a look at? good luck anyway with your projects
preme3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #113
manicongo5
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:

Jack Morrison

Do you have a website to we can visit just in case?Anyway,as a genuine businessman you shouldnt be secretive about your real identity and what you are up to!
manicongo5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #114
Mulopwe

I am specious now …… Where is your website? Do not waste our time.

Mulopwe
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #115
Jackmorrison123

Sosider/GLOBAL ITCM

Thank you for your “comments and questions”.
One says “Good Luck with your projects” which I would think is appropriate under the circumstances. I thank you. I am, however, more intrigued with the other responses…..like…”if I were a real businessman”. I like that one. Or, I shouldn’t be secretive about my real identity or what I am up too.
First, my name is Jack Morrison. As far as being secretive (?), the whole purpose of me writing was just the opposite. I learn from asking questions. I have seen so much useful information from the intelligent conversation and reporting I have seen on this forum. I hope that continues allowing me to broaden my view on subjects that interest me.
I do not have a website, nor do I envision having one in the near future.
My original comments(and why I joined this forum) were to correct an article that affected me directly. If someone is working to help me with my goals, they can take credit for what I am doing. This is not about ego, but, I am offended when people fight against me and then take credit for the good I do when their efforts fail.
This is the last time I will defend my position. This is not about me! I look forward to ideas that can help. I look forward to reading a forum filled with news about the DRC and the thoughts of many of you that can help make the changes that are so needed to help the DRC be what it can be.
From Jack Morrison, Global ITCM
Old May 7th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #116
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
One says “Good Luck with your projects” which I would think is appropriate under the circumstances. I thank you. I am, however, more intrigued with the other responses…..like…”if I were a real businessman”. I like that one. Or, I shouldn’t be secretive about my real identity or what I am up too.
First, my name is Jack Morrison. As far as being secretive (?), the whole purpose of me writing was just the opposite. I learn from asking questions. I have seen so much useful information from the intelligent conversation and reporting I have seen on this forum. I hope that continues allowing me to broaden my view on subjects that interest me.
My original comments(and why I joined this forum) were to correct an article that affected me directly.
If someone is working to help me with my goals, they can take credit for what I am doing. This is not about ego, but, I am offended when people fight against me and then take credit for the good I do when their efforts fail.This is the last time I will defend my position. This is not about me! I look forward to ideas that can help. I look forward to reading a forum filled with news about the DRC and the thoughts of many of you that can help make the changes that are so needed to help the DRC be what it can be.
Mr. We live in the Computer age. Anyone can say anthing on the computer. Your American you know better.

No one have bad ills against your project. We all would love seeing it succeed.

However due to facts that we don't know you, all they ask if some informations to make you claim credible.

How do you expect people to give you the benefit of the doubt when you can't prove to have a Website that has your company's info/References?

People here feel they are waisting their time on something that has no grownds.

Personally i see nothing agressive against you, all they did is ask your Website to give you the benefit of the doubt and perhaps engage in Idea exchange.
Old May 8th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #117
manicongo5
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
My original comments(and why I joined this forum) were to correct an article that affected me directly. If someone is working to help me with my goals, they can take credit for what I am doing. This is not about ego, but, I am offended when people fight against me and then take credit for the good I do when their efforts fail.
This is the last time I will defend my position. This is not about me! I look forward to ideas that can help. I look forward to reading a forum filled with news about the DRC and the thoughts of many of you that can help make the changes that are so needed to help the DRC be what it can be.
Anyone would expect a businessman who plans to employ 10,000 people to have a track record of business activities,either in africa or in usa.I assume that you arent a chancer but an experienced businessman who must have had previous ventures in USA.So can you give us an example of things you have been previously involved with?
manicongo5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #118
MBA-Congo
BROKEN ARROWS

Congo 2010 Copper Output Seen Hitting 400,000 Tons - Ministry

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Congo's 2010 copper output is expected to hit 400,000 metric tons as output rises at several new mining projects, the ministry of mines said Monday.

In a report, the ministry projects that annual copper output will exceed 800, 000 tons by 2012 due to increased production from mines operated by U.S.-based Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (FCX), Toronto-listed Katanga Mining Ltd. ( KAT.T) and the state-mining company Gecamines.

Freeport operates Congo's largest copper/cobalt mine Tenke Fungurume, which began commercial production last year. The project is believed to hold the world's largest unexploited copper and cobalt reserves.

Congo last produced more than 400,000 tons of copper in a year in the 1980s before years of political mismanagement and civil war led to the near collapse of the sector.

The ministry said cobalt production is expected to exceed 90,000 tons by 2012 compared with this year's forecast of 30,000 tons. Congo holds at least a third of the global cobalt reserves.

The government projects that by 2012 the mining sector will create up to 50, 000 direct jobs and about 300,000 indirect jobs.

The ministry also forecast significant output increases for other minerals, including gold, diamonds and cassiterite, or tin ores.

Congo produces between 5% and 7% of the global tin output, despite the chaotic nature of the country's tin mining sector in the lawless Kivu provinces.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/stock-mar...#ixzz0nX4JmLN7

RADI MUKE.
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #119
MBA-Congo
BROKEN ARROWS

LOI RELATIVE AUX MARCHES
PUBLICS

http://www.digitalcongo.net/UserFile...es_publics.pdf

RADI MUKE.
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #120
Bilonda

@Jackmorrison123 why does the DRC import its food when it should be the breadbasket of Africa's Great Lake region if not all of Africa? Transportation is one of the key problems...I have seen tons of rice literally rotting in warehouses in parts of the DRC simply because the growers had no way of getting their harvest to market.

Can Cassava be dried after it has been processed to remove the poison? Isn't chikwanga a version of transportable cassava?

As for pisciculture...if you travel into the interiors you will find that fish farming has been happening in several parts of the country. Bandundu is a key fish farming region and Ngandajika (in the Kasais) was a HUGE fish farming center. I think USAID used fish farms to train demobilized rebels in new skills as part of the DDDR process; Toby Vaughan was the chief of party of this project). Tilapia is one of the main fishes that are stocked by fish farmers in the DRC (and there are some mighty tasty Tilapia dishes to be eaten in the DRC) FAO has a report entitle "National Aquaculture Sector Overview Democratic Republic of the Congo" at http://bit.ly/91OohN that you might find useful.

The World Fish Center has an office in Kinshasa.
Key contact: Mr Simon Mutala
Tel: (+243) 81 756 8724
E-mail: s.mutala@cgiar.org
Bilonda no está en línea   Reply With Quote