daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 28th, 2017, 01:06 PM   #941
Sister Greed U

Likes (Received): 15395

A video filmed recently.
You can see some stations on L1, L2, L3, L4, L5 and L9 south (in this case, including cab rides).

davroca5, dimlys1994, Bitxofo, geometarkv liked this post
437.001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2017, 05:16 AM   #942
Sister Greed U

UPDATE | Upgrade of Besòs Mar station

This station on L4 was in rather bad state, with serious infiltrations. Time for an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidVazGuijarro View Post

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old May 5th, 2017, 08:11 PM   #943
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3919

L9/L10

Finally there are some news regarding the resumption of the construction works of the middle section of L9/10 (Zona Universitària - Sagrera), which were suspended in 2011:

The plan is to restart the works next year with an expected opening date in 2023, as long as a financial agreement is reached between the contractors and the Catalan regional government. Finishing the line has an expected cost of €1,200M.

The TBM that was stopped 6 years ago near Manuel Girona station will be in charge of boring the rest of the tunnel up to Lesseps station, provided it still works (it has seen some maintenance works during this long time, but nobody knows whether it will work when they restart it).

Meanwhile, two L10 stations will open next year (Foneria and Foc Cisell), and two more (Provençana and Ildefons Cerdà) are planned to follow soon after:

Source: http://www.ccma.cat/324/el-pla-del-g...ticia/2786710/

L3

Besides, it looks like L3 is finally going to be extended from Zona Universitària to Esplugues de Llobregat with two additional stations (Sant Joan de Déu - Finestrelles and Esplugues Centre). Construction works won't start until 2021, though. The extension has an estimated cost of €180M.

T3

And, last but not least, today it was also announced that there are plans to build a new direct alignment for tram line T3 between the towns of Esplugues de Llobregat and Sant Just Desvern, saving up to 5 minutes to trams, which currently must make a detour via Sant Joan Despí. Works won't start before 2020, and they will have a cost of €24.6M. Here you can see the current (green) and new alignments (red dotted line):

Source: http://premsa.gencat.cat/pres_fsvp/A...ro-municipi.do

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2017, 08:34 PM   #944
davroca5
Subwayer

Likes (Received): 3827

The Govern asks the EIB for a loan of 740 million to complete the L9

El twitter de davroca5

arctic_carlos, dimlys1994 liked this post
davroca5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2017, 05:26 AM   #945
Bitxofo
¡Viva el metro!

Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN
Likes (Received): 3664

News for 2018, 2019 and 2022:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davroca5 View Post
Guardem bé aquesta foto...

...que mai se sap

PD:

Font: http://premsa.gencat.cat/pres_fsvp/A...t-llobregat.do

Summary:
1) Foneria & Foc Cisell stations will open in the Summer of 2018.
2) Provençana station will open in February 2019.
3) Ildefons Cerdà station will open in October 2019.
4) Ernest Lluch station will open after June 2019.
5) The central strecht from L9/L10 will open in 2022, with the most important stations finished, the interchange stations!
川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean), in Japanese.
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir allí. Norreport+12000
Bitxofo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2017, 09:11 AM   #946
Sister Greed U

L3 Passeig de Gràcia station is currently being upgraded.

It seems like the station will recover some of its former 1924 beauty, kept hidden for decades.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu85 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu85 View Post

Others, such as L3 Fontana station, were upgraded more recently, but under the panels there's still the original walls.

Quote:

It seems like some L4 stations are like this, too.
Upgrade works at L4 Jaume I station have started, btw.
Who knows, maybe they'll find a dinosaur...

Last edited by 437.001; June 10th, 2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old August 1st, 2017, 12:53 AM   #947
Bitxofo
¡Viva el metro!

Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN

In black, the new names approved for the next stations opening in line 10 South, in 2018:

I do not like some of them. They are too bad or too "abstract"...
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir allí. Norreport+12000

arctic_carlos, metro-world liked this post

Last edited by Bitxofo; August 1st, 2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old August 1st, 2017, 06:29 AM   #948
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5751

Those station names are too long?
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 04:52 PM   #949
Bitxofo
¡Viva el metro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
Those station names are too long?
I made a mistake, I meant "bad" names, not "long".
Sorry!
Old August 4th, 2017, 05:43 PM   #950
davroca5
Subwayer

Hi! Between 2019 and 2021, Barcelona will have 12 new trains These will the same that class 5000, 6000 and 9000, currently in service since 2005, 2007 and 2006, respectively.

Quote:
Supply of 12 trains for the 2017-2021 offer improvement plan.
- 4 series 6000 trains for line 1.
- 2 series 9000 trains for line 4.
- 2 series 5000 trains for line 3.
- 4 series 5000 trains for line 5.
This 2 trains of class 9000 for line 4 are extremely necessaries because TMB is moving rolling stock from L2 and L4 to the new L10 South, that will open between 2018 and 2019.

Cheers!

El twitter de davroca5
Old August 5th, 2017, 09:50 AM   #951
metr0p0litain

Likes (Received): 271

Quote:
This 2 trains of class 9000 for line 4 are extremely necessaries because TMB is moving rolling stock from L2 and L4 to the new L10 South, that will open between 2018 and 2019.
Interesting news! So, there will be series 9000 trains with driver cabins on L10 South? Isn't it necessary to have an emergency door on the front?
Old August 5th, 2017, 10:04 AM   #952
Neutral!
ESTELI REPUBLIC

Location: ESTELI-Delft-Milan-Roma-NWestfalen-NY-CHI-BCN-MAD-BIO-MIAMI-SEA-AMS-SF-LA-Moscu-München-LONDON-PARIS
Likes (Received): 1682

I'm glad for the upgrades. It would be nice if the metro stations (mostly the trains, actually) were as nice as those in London or Paris. Current ones compare well to other major world cities, however.

Last edited by Neutral!; August 5th, 2017 at 10:22 AM.
Neutral! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 10:31 AM   #953
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by metr0p0litain View Post
Interesting news! So, there will be series 9000 trains with driver cabins on L10 South? Isn't it necessary to have an emergency door on the front?
Existing driver cabins can be removed once the trains are moved to L9 or L10 (automatic lines).

Bertolt Brecht
Old August 5th, 2017, 04:37 PM   #954
Bitxofo
¡Viva el metro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral! View Post
I'm glad for the upgrades. It would be nice if the metro stations (mostly the trains, actually) were as nice as those in London or Paris. Current ones compare well to other major world cities, however.
New metro stations of L9 and L10 are amazing, much more beautiful than in London or Paris. For example Llefìà or Fira, and many more. Google them!

Also the trains of 9000 series are very goodlooking, in my humble opinion!

I would like that they order new trains of a different model, more modern!

Neutral! liked this post

Last edited by Bitxofo; August 8th, 2017 at 01:28 AM.
Old September 13th, 2017, 08:08 PM   #955
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Starting from today, L7 is 100% accessible to wheelchair users, thanks to the installation of lifts / elevators in El Putxet station, the only one that was missing.

That means that L2, L6, L7, L8, L9 nord, L9 sud, L10, L11 and L12 are now 100% accessible, while in L1, L3, L4 and L5 some stations still need to be refurbished.

Currently, lifts are only being installed in Jaume I station (L4), but the network should be 100 % accessible in 5 years, according to official sources.

This is how El Putxet station now looks like (cross-posting from the Catalan sub-forum):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
El 100% de la xarxa metropolitana d'FGC queda adaptada a persones amb mobilitat reduïda

El conseller de Territori i Sostenibilitat, Josep Rull, visita l’estació del Putxet, un cop han finalitzat les obres de millora de l’accessibilitat

Els treballs, amb un pressupost d’1,4 milions d’euros, han consistit en la instal·lació de dos ascensors per a facilitar les connexions entre el carrer i les andanes

El conseller de Territori i Sostenibilitat, Josep Rull, ha visitat l’estació de Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC) del Putxet (L7), a Barcelona, amb motiu de la finalització de les obres de millora de l’accessibilitat que s’hi han dut a terme. Amb aquesta actuació, el 100% de les estacions metropolitanes d’FGC ja està adaptat a persones amb mobilitat reduïda. Els treballs, amb una inversió d’1,4 milions d’euros, han comportat la instal·lació de dos ascensors per a facilitar les connexions entre el carrer i les andanes.

Les obres d’adaptació han consistit en la remodelació i l’ampliació de l’edicle situat a la plaça de Joaquim Folguera i la instal·lació de dos ascensors: un que permet la connexió entre el nivell carrer (edicle) i el pas superior existent de comunicació entre andanes i l’andana sentit plaça de Catalunya i un ascensor de connexió de l'altre extrem del pas superior amb l’andana sentit avinguda del Tibidabo.

Adaptació del 100% a FGC i el 91% a Metro

El Govern està duent a terme una important inversió per aconseguir la plena accessibilitat de la xarxa ferroviària de la seva titularitat a persones amb mobilitat reduïda. Pel que fa a FGC, l’adaptació de l’estació del Putxet s’afegeix a la de Sarrià, que va finalitzar el gener passat, i permet assolir el 100 % d’adaptació de la xarxa d’FGC.

En total, són 107 estacions que corresponen a les línies Barcelona-Vallès; Llobregat-Anoia i Lleida-la Pobla; als cremalleres de Montserrat i Núria i al funicular de Gelida. En aquest sentit, el conseller Rull ha destacat que l’assoliment d’aquesta fita fa de Catalunya “un país més digne, que pensa en tots i cadascun dels seus ciutadans, amb les seves capacitats diverses”.

Rull ha posat en valor “la voluntat d’FGC de ser una companyia moderna, que presta un bon servei perquè els trens arriben puntuals i tenen un nivell de comoditat molt alt”. No obstant, ha afegit que “amb això no hi havia prou, calia passar de declarar drets a garantir la plenitud de drets a tots els ciutadans que utilitzen FGC”.

Des de 2011, s’han destinat 26 MEUR a obres d’adaptació de quatre estacions de les línies metropolitanes d’FGC: Gràcia, Peu del Funicular, Sarrià i el Putxet. Addicionalment, cal afegir les estacions dels perllongaments de Terrassa (3) i Sabadell (5) que s’han construït ja adaptades. En el mateix període, el Govern ha destinat 39 MEUR a l’adaptació de les estacions de Metro de Barcelona. En total, doncs, en aquests anys la Generalitat ha invertit 65 MEUR en l’adaptació d’ambdues xarxes.

La xarxa de metro de Barcelona compta amb 154 estacions, de les quals un total de 140 estan adaptades; xifra que representa un 91%. En aquests moments, s’estan executant, per un import de 4 milions d’euros, les obres de l’estació de Jaume I de l’L4 i s’està treballant per licitar properament les corresponents a altres estacions. En aquest sentit, Josep Rull ha avançat que “en els pròxims cinc anys l’objectiu és aconseguir que el 100% de les estacions de Metro estiguin adaptades”.

Pel que fa a la xarxa ferroviària de Rodalies, només el 70% de les estacions i el 50% dels trens estan adaptats. El conseller de Territori i Sostenibilitat ha afirmat que “quan la Generalitat té capacitat plena de prendre decisions, hem acreditat que sempre optem per l’excel·lència”. Per això, “la nostra aspiració és tenir la capacitat perquè tot el sistema ferroviari català arribés als estàndards d’FGC”.

http://premsa.gencat.cat/pres_fsvp/A...tat-reduida.do

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=3441

Bertolt Brecht

andgiacomo, Bitxofo, dimlys1994, davroca5 liked this post
Old November 28th, 2017, 05:28 PM   #956
davroca5
Subwayer

Hi everyone!
Works in L10 South section between September and November:

Quote:

October: work at Foc and Foneria stations. Foc station it looks like virtual recreations. This station is designed by Toyo Ito, and it will be similar like Fira station of L9 South line.

November: installation of mechanical stairs at Foc station access. At the same time, more works at Foneria station:

Source: http://ifercat.gencat.cat/index.php?contenido=99

El twitter de davroca5
Old December 13th, 2017, 04:48 AM   #957
Bitxofo
¡Viva el metro!

Since today, 17/12/2017, more trains at peak hours in these metro lines:
L1: 30 trains
L2: 20 trains
L3: 26 trains
L4: 19 trains
L5: 32 trains

I ignore if they also put more extra trains in the lines L6, L7, L8, L9 North, L9 South, L10 North, L11 and L12...

arctic_carlos, dimlys1994 liked this post
Old December 15th, 2017, 05:13 PM   #958
Bitxofo
¡Viva el metro!

9 trains are running daily in the line 9 South, the airport metro line. But 8 trains after 8:56 pm.

Now they are testing, before opening, the new line 10 South.
When they are testing this line, the number of trains running in both lines until 8:56 pm is 15, fifteen trains in total.

abctje liked this post
Old January 2nd, 2018, 10:10 PM   #959
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26126

From Metro Report

http://www.metro-report.com/news/met...een-doors.html

Barcelona tests vertical platform screen doors
02 Jan 2018

SPAIN: Barcelona public transport operator TMB is to undertake what it says will be the first test of vertical platform screen doors on a metro network, with doors supplied by STraffic of South Korea to be installed at Can Cuiàs station on Line 11 during the second half of 2018.

The doors will each comprise three panels forming a barrier 1 800 mm high, lifting upwards to enable passengers to board or leave the train. According to TMB, much wider screen apertures are possible than with horizontal doors, removing the need for trains to stop in a precise location and enabling doors to be installed on lines which operate a variety of rolling stock

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

davroca5, Bitxofo liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
barcelona, spain in the world