daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Delhi

Delhi Project News from the National Capital Region - Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Manesar, Yeida

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Old April 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #601
asterix1

Likes (Received): 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek901 View Post
I am sure there are no saints in politics. All of them are kidnappers and murderers. My options to choose are limited, you see.
Thats not what i said.
Haryana aur UP ko ek doosre se compare karne ka koi faayda nahi hai. Thats what i mean.Anyway...
asterix1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 7th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #602
numb.soul

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
There are many flyovers in Noida and many are under construction or proposed. There is not even a single flyover in Gurgaon (flyovers on NH-8 in Gurgaon are NHAI's project). Current bus service in Noida is better than Gurgaon. Roads in Noida are far better than Gurgaon.
true ...

Quote:
RMRG is a pvt. project, Haryana govt doesn't have much role to play
it would never had been started if consent of haryana govt wasnt there

Quote:
If you still want to consider it, then should should not forget projects like Yamuna Expessway, DND flyway, Noida-Greater Noida expressway, F1 circuit, etc.
yeah , but then ggn beats noida+greater noida hands down when it comes to industry/jobs .. honda went to bhiwadi despite having huge surplus of land in their greater noida plant , ADOBE wants to expand desperately in noida but they wont be able to , we all have seen tapes of amar singh saying no industry can set their shop in Up ncr untill 'aarti' is done :wink: , and mayawati sold all the land to c grade builders in noida region (except JAYPEE), cant remember single industry setting up shop in UP ncr where as growth has now reached up to BAWAL here ,,

having said that , there is no doubt road infra is far better than ggn, and it will remain so untill GDA is formed ( and chautala comes back)

Quote:
Haryana govt might be better than UP govt overall but when talking about NCR region, UP govt is much better than Haryana govt.
politics of haryana is far far better than UP , and has performed great considering it was formed quite late after partition from punjab
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #603
Abhishek901

Likes (Received): 392

I am not comparing city vs city. The examples you have quoted are from pvt industry. I am only talking about work done by govts in NCR part of their state (that is, public infrastructure).
Abhishek901 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #604
Cosmicbliss

Likes (Received): 175

Hi guys objectively speaking, how does Noida vs Gurgaon compare on the following:

1. Safety
2. Water supply
3. Electricity
4. Roads+traffic
5. Public transport
6. Cultural amenities=book shops, art galleries, shopping complexes (NOT malls), libraries
7. Higher education
8. Easy access to things
Cosmicbliss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #605
Cosmicbliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by numb.soul View Post
true ...

it would never had been started if consent of haryana govt wasnt there

yeah , but then ggn beats noida+greater noida hands down when it comes to industry/jobs .. honda went to bhiwadi despite having huge surplus of land in their greater noida plant , ADOBE wants to expand desperately in noida but they wont be able to , we all have seen tapes of amar singh saying no industry can set their shop in Up ncr untill 'aarti' is done :wink: , and mayawati sold all the land to c grade builders in noida region (except JAYPEE), cant remember single industry setting up shop in UP ncr where as growth has now reached up to BAWAL here ,,

having said that , there is no doubt road infra is far better than ggn, and it will remain so untill GDA is formed ( and chautala comes back)

politics of haryana is far far better than UP , and has performed great considering it was formed quite late after partition from punjab
Isn't it fair to say that Haryana has a major advantage of being so close to Delhi? Having said that, its also true that Haryana's road network is said to be one of the best. I remember my uncle saying even 10-15 years ago, there were very good roads down taluk and village.
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #606
Abhishek901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicbliss View Post
Isn't it fair to say that Haryana has a major advantage of being so close to Delhi?
If you are talking about Gurgaon specifically, then Noida has a slight advantage over proximity with Central Delhi (even though both Gurgaon and Noida are adjacent to Delhi but the demographic/cultural centre of Delhi is slightly towards south-east of geographic centre of Delhi, because of which Noida is closer to central Delhi).

However, this advantage gets nullified when you consider proximity to IGI airport. Gurgaon is much closer to IGI airport than Noida.
Old April 8th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #607
purty_trash
Bawla bhoot

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Hi guys objectively speaking, how does Noida vs Gurgaon compare on the following:

1. Safety
2. Water supply
3. Electricity
4. Roads+traffic
5. Public transport
6. Cultural amenities=book shops, art galleries, shopping complexes (NOT malls), libraries
7. Higher education
8. Easy access to things
I think NOIDA beats ggn hands down. Even a municipality was only relatively recently developed in Ggn recently, I think.
purty_trash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #608
numb.soul

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Isn't it fair to say that Haryana has a major advantage of being so close to Delhi? Having said that, its also true that Haryana's road network is said to be one of the best. I remember my uncle saying even 10-15 years ago, there were very good roads down taluk and village.
1 word : devilal

roads and electricity were top priority for him
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #609
Abhishek901

In terms of safety and law & order, Gurgaon is far better than Noida.
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #610
OldKool
Muaah!

Likes (Received): 1149

Quote:
In terms of safety and law & order, Gurgaon is far better than Noida.
Gurgaon is as bad at night as Noida...plus gurgaon doesnot have steerlights.It is very dark at several places.
OldKool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #611
Abhishek901

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldKool View Post
Gurgaon is as bad at night as Noida...plus gurgaon doesnot have steerlights.It is very dark at several places.
I feel that Gurgaon is not only much safer at night than Noida but also many parts of Delhi.
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #612
OldKool
Muaah!

Likes (Received): 1149

Quote:
I feel that Gurgaon is not only much safer at night than Noida but also many parts of Delhi.
that's why working women there are asked not to work after 8:30pm because after that Gurgaon Police doe-snot guarantee their safety.
OldKool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #613
Abhishek901

At least Gurgaon police issues safety instructions. Noida police doesn't do that despite poorer safety record.

PS - Let's not continue this discussion further.
Old April 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #614
Cosmicbliss

Gurgaon lacks basic facilities as per my friends there. Reliable electricity, water supply, good roads, safe and comfortable public transport, metered autos, good government hospitals, all are in poor condition as per this friend from my journalism college who moved to Gurgaon from Navi Mumbai after passing out of college. She feels Navi Mumbai is relatively better than Gurgaon in this respect. Not sure how true it is.
Old April 8th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #615
Cosmicbliss

She always mentions the paradox betweeen the swanky towers on the one hand in commerical and residential development and the poor basic amenities on the other.
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #616
m_1973
msg

Likes (Received): 406

Just to add few more comments

we all have very poor definition of quality of life and good city. Any city should be able to provide basic services of electricity, water, roads, drainage, safe transport, quality affordable hospitals, quality education, green open space in parks and source of entertainment, sports and culture to all sections of people.
In most of cities we have absolutely lopsided development where only one section fo society is able to get service by paying high price.

from rich to BPL govt have very important role to balance out development. Irrespective of cost of land middle class, lower middle class and others should be able of buy decent house and must get basic services for the family.

Ideally you should have only few industries/companies per city and basic services for all in the city. The number of cities in India should dramatically increase so that we have decent size (3-5million) urban areas.

In UP I would love to see 70 cities i.e. one city per district which is very well connected by expressways and rail system and each city is hub of just 5-10 industries.

As a thumb rule if an old person and a child without any support can move and do all his day today work then we should call such cities decent in quality.

If I take Lucknow as an example than Lucknow is only city in India which has been made disable friendly (all imp and new buildings). LDA new launch are mostly for middle and lower middle class, significant funds allocated for BPL housing. Ansal Township has housing for old, poor, middle, lower middle and rich class and all this was done by governemnt intervention. (When BSP came to power they made it mandatory by law for private sector). Golf course and other facilities in Ansal can be accessed by poor to rich.

Besides basic service your city should be energy efficient, cost of living should be low, city should be non discriminatory and inclusive.

Quote:
Gurgaon lacks basic facilities as per my friends there. Reliable electricity, water supply, good roads, safe and comfortable public transport, metered autos, good government hospitals, all are in poor condition as per this friend from my journalism college who moved to Gurgaon from Navi Mumbai after passing out of college. She feels Navi Mumbai is relatively better than Gurgaon in this respect. Not sure how true it is.
m_1973 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #617
asterix1

Quote:
She always mentions the paradox betweeen the swanky towers on the one hand in commerical and residential development and the poor basic amenities on the other.
Agreed.
You get out of the Metro station and you either see ramshackle buses that you anyway cant get into, or share autos which pack people in like sardines. Add to that half laid, half cleaned up roads,gaping potholes...etc. Its a journey not for the faint hearted.
If you still havent fainted, you'll faint if you see your electricity bill.You have to live there to understand it all.
Old April 9th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #618
Euromast
Mast Malang

Likes (Received): 726

If thre is no electricity why will u get bills?
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #619
asterix1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euromast View Post
If thre is no electricity why will u get bills?
But you do.You get bills even without electricity, imagine what you will have to fork out if you do have electricity.
keeding.Nawt.
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #620
Euromast
Mast Malang

Likes (Received): 726

How much avg bill without ?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: