daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #421
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10789

This is a roof height thread. Ukraina Hotel and Moscow State both have a roof height below 200m. You might want to double check the rest.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #422
univer

Likes (Received): 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexenergy View Post
Moscow has 11 buildings higher than 200 (Source: www.ctbuh.org):
1. Mercury City Tower, 339
2. Eurasia Tower, 309
3. City of Capitals (Moscow Tower), 302
4. Naberezhnaya Tower (Block C), 268
5. Triumph Palace, 264
6. City of Capitals (St. Petersburg Tower), 257
7. Federation Towers (Zapad Tower), 242
8. Moscow State University, 239
9. Imperia Tower, 239
10. House on Mosfilmovskaya (Tower A), 213
11. Ukraina Hotel, 206
Link to the Moscow's list: http://skyscrapercenter.com/list.php...ry=RU&city=MOW
1. City of Capitals (Moscow Tower), 302
2. Naberezhnaya Tower (Block C), 268
3. Triumph Palace, 217m at roof height
4. City of Capitals (St. Petersburg Tower), 257
5. Federation Towers (Zapad Tower), 242
6. Imperia Tower, 239
7. House on Mosfilmovskaya (Tower A), 213

note: Moscow State University 183m at roof height and Ukraina Hotel 136m at roof height

I add soon in my list when Mercury City Tower(339) Eurasia Tower(309) completed, now is just T/O

Guangzhou : 175 ; Wuhan : 171 ; Shenzhen : 155.
univer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #423
isaidso
the new republic

Thanks 'univer'. That looks right.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
Old January 28th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #424
univer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

The Philippines figure looks really suspicious. They have 15 buildings that are 200m+ according to wikipedia, but only 8 that are 200m+ to roof height! The Indonesia, India, and Vietnam data looks wrong as well. This is a roof height thread.

You can use the template above to keep things looking uniform.
4 building 200+ m roof height in Vietnam:
Hanoi Landmark Tower 72fl (336m)
Bitexco Financial Tower 68fl (263m)
Keangnam residential: 2 x 48fl (2 x 212m)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...09349&page=592
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...14920&page=623

about India I think there are 2 buildings . And This is Indonexia 200+ roof height

1.Wisma 46 250m
Menara BCA 220m
Equity Tower 220m
The Peak 1 219m
5.The Peak 2 219m
Graha Energi 217m
Bakrie Tower 217m
8.Kempinski Residences 215m
The Pinnacle 213m
Ritz-Carlton Jakarta Tower A 212m
11.Ritz-Carlton Jakarta Tower B 212m
The Grand Hyatt Residence 210m
The City Center @ Batavia City 208m
14.The Plaza Tower 203m
15-16.Kuningan City x2 203m x2
The Icon Residences - Tower 1 200m
18.The Icon Residences - Tower 2 200m
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?

Old January 29th, 2013, 03:15 AM   #425
megacity30

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amastroi2017 View Post
I wasn't implying that you were unreasonable, sorry. However, I still have to disagree with you regarding Burj Khalifa because you used CTBUH as your source but I was referring to roof height. CTBUH doesn't use roof height as a height measurement at all anymore so that argument simply doesn't work. Me and other users seek to find roof heights of the tallest buildings on Earth and include enclosed crowns in that height but not open parapets, antennaes, nor spires.
I understand Burj Khalifa is a hard case to determine roof height and Kingdom Tower might also be the same way.
Please see the URL provided http://skyscrapercenter.com/dubai/burj-khalifa/

The field "Height: Occupied" indicates the height of the topmost habitable floor, and that's 585 m. The roof height should end with the height of the roof of the topmost habitable floor. Any additional crowns, antennae or spires should count as purely architectural height only. As far as I understood this thread, this measures roof height not the architectural elements on top of it.

Quote:
I have a challenge for you, however, which is to try and determine the roof height for SPG Global Tower A in Suzhou, SPG Global Tower B in Suzhou, and Shimao Didang New City Tower in Shaoxing.

These all are over 200 meters tall but determing actual roof height is very difficult because they all have spires and have recently been completed so information regarding their heights are sparse.
I agree the info available for these three towers on the internet (in English) is quite sparse.

Wikipedia states the roof height of both SPG Global Tower A & B is 787 feet, so that's 209.4 m.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_188

Regarding Shimao Didang New City Tower, it's definitely got a roof height greater than 200m although I have yet to determine the height of its spire.
megacity30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #426
megacity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnmolSingh View Post
Which are other 200 m buildings from India
Completed skyscrapers:-

(1, 2, 3) Lodha Bellissimo: roof height is 222 m for all three skyscrapers

(4, 5) Imperial Towers 1 & 2: roof height is 210 m for both skyscrapers

(6, 7, 8) Vivarea A, B & C: roof height is 200 m for all three skyscrapers.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...802948&page=15
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #427
megacity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by citypia View Post
What if your reference, wikipedia is WRONG ?

1. Where are buildings in Bucheon and Daegu?
Those are already completed long ago but those are NOT LISTED on wikipedia.
There are lots of MISSING BUILDINGS on wikipedia!
How can you so sure about wikipea, even though you ignore the opinion of the other forummer?

2. I find there are ghosts towers on wikipedia. That really makes me laugh.
There are NO such a thing centum fiestar in Busan. That was the cancelled project long ago. I used to say there is no centum fiestar here and there many times but it still exists as ghosts even on wikipedia because no one care it
The funny thing is the pictures under the name of Centum Fiestar are WBC palace twin towers which is 265m.
Wrong name, wronng number of building, wrong pictures and wrong height on wikipedia.
Who made this info on wilipedia anyway?
There are 3 CENTUM # STAR buildings and 1 CENTUM # CENTRAL building over 200m.

Yes, wikipidea is totally wrong about data of south korean buildings
If you don't believe it, I will prove it.

Ah, one more thing,
If you look at the rank on wikipidea carefully, you would find the same ranks
For example, there are 4 buildings at No.10 spot and at No.17 spot.
There are 2 buildings at No 23 spot.
Do you understand what I am trying to say to you?
27 is NOT the number of buildings, which is the ranking on wilipedia. Do you get my point?
If there are four buildings with the same height, they have just 1 ranking and are positioned at only one spot at the ranking on wikipedia.
Please, look at wikipidea carefully, even though this info is totally wrong, you would notice the number of building are are NOT 27.
Count the number of buildings again, not looking at the rank.

Here is the DATA you provide and do believe lt without doubting it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...in_South_Korea

3. You calculate only the completed buildings but the thread starter, isaido, includes T/O buildings as long as they are over 200m and topped out already.
Look at this. Please back the first page and read carefully what the thread starter said.
Are you making new rule of this thread?

Lastly, the buildings in Goyang already finnish the exterior work. There is no more cranes at the top NOW.
The picture was taken almost 6 months ago. If you read it carefully, you would notice it.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...4#post99614204
First off, I'm sorry if I offended you. My intention was not to discredit your data and certainly didn't want to sound high-handed or a "know-it-all"!

Please note I'm not the thread creator and know that I can't just fill in his shoes in a jiffy. I'm trying to contribute to this thread the same way you're trying and obviously I won't try to create new rules.

I accept your points about wikipedia, and while it's certainly not complete and sometimes even erroneous, it's definitely one of the data sources. The problem is none of the freely available websites provide complete data. Also, there aren't any books I'm aware of that contain complete up-to-date info regarding skyscrapers around the world. So we are left with relying on what there is, as most builders won't even return your message when you try to contact them.

I'll research more and get back to you later with skyscrapers in South Korea, especially the more recently completed ones. My understanding earlier was there are 9 completed skyscrapers in Seoul City with a roof height of at least 200 m but there may be some others.

In the meantime, please provide us the names of the ones you believe fit this list.
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #428
megacity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Hey 'megacity'. I found the thread quickly took up all my time with all the verifying required. I had hoped to tackle it again, but it's a bit of a full time job.

Btw, if you plan on maintaining the thread a word of advice: keep separate tables for each city so when people mention 'new' topped out buildings you know if you've added them already of if its one you missed. Good luck!
It's probably a bit late in the day, but I'll say it nonetheless.

Thank you for creating this thread, isaidso!

You've done a brilliant job building this thread, and it's fun reading through it.
I can't fill in your shoes, but I'm a willing contributor any way I can.
Actually, I'm new in this 'area of study' and am still digging up info. I'll continue providing you'll my list containing what I've found.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #429
citypia
future is today.

Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Originally Posted by megacity30 View Post
First off, I'm sorry if I offended you. My intention was not to discredit your data and certainly didn't want to sound high-handed or a "know-it-all"!

Please note I'm not the thread creator and know that I can't just fill in his shoes in a jiffy. I'm trying to contribute to this thread the same way you're trying and obviously I won't try to create new rules.

I accept your points about wikipedia, and while it's certainly not complete and sometimes even erroneous, it's definitely one of the data sources. The problem is none of the freely available websites provide complete data. Also, there aren't any books I'm aware of that contain complete up-to-date info regarding skyscrapers around the world. So we are left with relying on what there is, as most builders won't even return your message when you try to contact them.

I'll research more and get back to you later with skyscrapers in South Korea, especially the more recently completed ones. My understanding earlier was there are 9 completed skyscrapers in Seoul City with a roof height of at least 200 m but there may be some others.

In the meantime, please provide us the names of the ones you believe fit this list.
Dear megacity30,

It's no problem,
You don't need to say sorry to me.
I already knew that you was and are a very nice, gentle and respectable person. I have read your posts and writings many times here on SCC.

Like I mentioned before, it's not your fault.
In fact, Wikipidea and many other websites on the internet are easily becoming outdated and not as reliable as they used to be if they don't reguarly update and double-check the info.
Also, the world is changing so quickly. Especially, new information occurs at such a rapid pace that it becomes extremely difficult to stay up-to-date.
Lots of projects poped up and some of them cancelled and the others change their names, height and the number of buildings...things like that!

Actually, I send E-mails and posted to the websites when I had found something wrong to try to correct the wrong DATA but there was no responses yet. I think they consider those are just minor errors which no one really care.
Maybe, they are too busy to do such a pigshit, an insignificant work, like counting the number of buildings or who cares the number of buildings in south korea?

Lastly, I respect your passion and your contributions like a respectable forummer, isaidso
citypia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #430
luis4083

Likes (Received): 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso

The Philippines figure looks really suspicious. They have 15 buildings that are 200m+ according to wikipedia, but only 8 that are 200m+ to roof height! The Indonesia, India, and Vietnam data looks wrong as well. This is a roof height thread.

You are the one who is suspicious, you have not been in the Philippines so don't act you knew everything. The Wikipedia data is wrong, they count Philippine twin towers as one instead of 2. I use to work in Ortigas and Makari and I am very sure on what I'm saying, how about you? Only 8 buildings above 200m? Oh come on you are blank, you have no idea

FYI Both St Francis and BSA Twin Towers are Twin Towers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...he_Philippines

BSA Twin Towers
image hosted on flickr

St. Francis Towers

Last edited by luis4083; January 29th, 2013 at 06:06 PM.
luis4083 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #431
luis4083

I counted Metro Manila with 17 buildings w/ 200 m and above,, but Univer might be correct because the other 2 buildings had spire in it, In total there is only 15 If we're only counting based on rooftop

UPDATE: I found out that the height of BSA Twin Towers without the spires is only 197 m, thus the final count will be 13 buildings

Last edited by luis4083; January 29th, 2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #432
wino

Likes (Received): 1238

instead of arguing why not create a more reliable list? so Isaidso can update his.
FYI - He is very open to updates.

and again.. "ROOF HEIGHT"
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #433
luis4083

Quote:
Originally Posted by wino View Post
instead of arguing why not create a more reliable list? so Isaidso can update his.
FYI - He is very open to updates.

and again.. "ROOF HEIGHT"
The problem is a lot of Philippine forumers insisted that MM had more than 8 but he is hard headed, He did n't want his favorite city to be outnumbered by poor country such as PH

Any way his Alias is ISAIDSO, so what do we expect? He will always stick to what he had said
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #434
wino

Likes (Received): 1238

again, instead of hurling accusations.... just provide a LIST.
If confirmed, I know for sure he'd make the changes.

be objective.. we don't need drama here.. ALL WE NEED is an UPDATED LIST.
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #435
univer

Quote:
Completed skyscrapers:-

(1, 2, 3) Lodha Bellissimo: roof height is 222 m for all three skyscrapers

(4, 5) Imperial Towers 1 & 2: roof height is 210 m for both skyscrapers

(6, 7, 8) Vivarea A, B & C: roof height is 200 m for all three skyscrapers.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...802948&page=15
Ok Megacity, india has 7 building over 200m ( I verified Lodha Bellissimo has just two buildings)

But, there are still a big problem for South Korea. It's 8 building 230 m of Tanhyun Doosan We've The Zenith in Goyang. Person know exactly if they just Topped out or already completed??

So I account these buildings in my list. South Korea have 43 building completed 200m + roof height in this case.

Old February 1st, 2013, 05:59 PM   #436
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
It's probably a bit late in the day, but I'll say it nonetheless.

Thank you for creating this thread, isaidso!

You've done a brilliant job building this thread, and it's fun reading through it.
I can't fill in your shoes, but I'm a willing contributor any way I can.
Actually, I'm new in this 'area of study' and am still digging up info. I'll continue providing you'll my list containing what I've found.
Thank you very much. I honestly don't have the time to do it by myself. The thread's been 'abandoned' for over a year so here's what might work. We could start posting 'Country' lists (completed and roof height 200m+ only) so that there's a reference point from which we can verify the accuracy of the information. Places like China: we'll likely have to 'City' lists then amalgamate them into a 'China' list.

From there the main world list and country lists can be updated. If we all pitch in we should end up with a pretty reliable resource. The list from a year ago was pretty up to date, but maybe a third to half of it needs updating now.

I'll start with an updated Canada list and then re-post the one 'univer' did for some of the other cities. Honestly, the tough ones are going to be many of the Asian cities. There's so much going on there and information isn't very detailed.

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM   #437
isaidso
the new republic

Canada (completed 200m+ buildings: roof height)

01. First Canadian Place, Toronto, 298 m
02. Scotia Plaza, Toronto, 275 m
03. Commerce Court, Toronto, 239 m
04. The Bow, Calgary, 236 m
05. Trump Tower, Toronto, 237 m

06. Brookfield Place, Toronto, 227 m
07. TD Centre, Toronto, 223 m
08. Suncor Centre West, Calgary, 215 m
09. Bay-Adelaide, Toronto, 215 m
10. Shangri-La, Toronto, 214 m

11. Eighth Avenue Place, Calgary, 211 m
12. Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, 209 m
13. Bay-Wellington, Toronto, 207 m
14. 1000 de la Gauchetiere, Montreal, 205 m

Updated Feb 1, 2013

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:05 PM   #438
isaidso
the new republic

Russia (completed 200m+ buildings: roof height)

1. City of Capitals (Moscow Tower), Moscow, 302 m
2. Naberezhnaya Tower (Block C), Moscow, 268 m
3. Triumph Palace, Moscow, 217 m
4. City of Capitals (St. Petersburg Tower), Moscow, 257 m
5. Federation Towers (Zapad Tower), Moscow, 242 m
6. Imperia Tower, Moscow, 239 m
7. House on Mosfilmovskaya (Tower A), Moscow, 213 m

Updated Feb 1, 2013

Thanks 'univer'.

Last edited by isaidso; February 1st, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:09 PM   #439
isaidso
the new republic

Vietnam (completed 200m+ buildings: roof height)

1. Hanoi Landmark Tower, Hanoi, 336 m
2. Bitexco Financial Tower, Ho Chi Minh City, 263 m
3. Keangnam 1, Hanoi, 212 m
4. Keangnam 2, Hanoi, 212 m

Updated Feb 1, 2013

Thanks 'haikiller11".

Last edited by isaidso; February 1st, 2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:14 PM   #440
isaidso
the new republic

India (completed 200m+ buildings: roof height)

1. Lodha Bellisimo A&B, Mumbai, 222 m
2. Lodha Bellisimo C, Mumbai, 222 m
3. Imperial Tower 1, Mumbai, 210 m
4. Imperial Tower 2, Mumbai, 210 m
5. Vivarea 1, Mumbai, 200 m
6. Vivarea 2, Mumbai, 200 m
7. Vivarea 3, Mumbai, 200 m

Updated Feb 1, 2013

Thanks 'megacity30'.

Last edited by isaidso; February 1st, 2013 at 06:51 PM.