daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 6th, 2016, 12:42 AM   #61
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonsi View Post
Looking at streetview, it seems like they don't use the Soviet road numbering system that maps use. There's only a handful of signs that have these numbers on. Everything else is numberless.

Here's some guesses, based on the signs I've found.

ЗМ-01: M39 KAZ-KAZ, but bypassing Bishkek
ЗМ-02: M41
ЗМ-07: Bishkek - Issyk Kul
ЗМ-09: Bishkek - Manas Airport
ЗМ-16 : A367
М-001: M39 through Bishkek

They like their grand entrances to roads - this one off the M41 ЗМ-02 is rather cool.
It's ЭM (EM in our script). Too bad they have removed Soviet M41, but it is also true they may want to use their own numbering.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2016, 01:22 PM   #62
-Pino-
Funkin' down the Track

Likes (Received): 127

I personally believe that it is better in the longer run to have one national road numbering system based on uniform standards than to retain all sorts of pre-independence legacy numbers. As much as it's fun that you still have a few road numbers in Vietnam and Laos that are legacy French Routes Imperiales, it is not particularly helpful for the motorist. Anyway, with road numbers hardly being signposted throughout Kyrgyzstan, the priority may still have to be actually signposting something to aid the motorist...

As regards grand entrances: I believe that this is thanks to the choice to have roads bypass smaller villages. Good for these villages when you compare it to rural villages on national roads elsewhere on the planet, but it probably triggered this type of "hey don't forget that we're still there" constructs.
Old May 6th, 2016, 01:31 PM   #63
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

It makes you wonder what 'ЭM' stands for.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Blackraven liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 03:39 PM   #64
-Pino-
Funkin' down the Track

Road sponsored by the manufacturer of post-its? ;-)
Old May 6th, 2016, 04:31 PM   #65
CNGL
Leudimin

I hope road numbers come up more frequently as signs get replaced. However I miss E routes, here they could have signed E40, E125 and E010; and the last one could have been signed here.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old May 6th, 2016, 07:09 PM   #66
sotonsi

why the E roads and not the Asian Highways?
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 08:20 PM   #67
CNGL
Leudimin

Then that first sign would feature nine route numbers : EM-01, EM-07, EM-09, M-001, E40, E125, E010, AH5 and AH61. Anyway, in Spain we have signs with way more numbers signed.
Old May 6th, 2016, 08:56 PM   #68
-Pino-
Funkin' down the Track

Central Asia is an area where E-routes and AH-routes overlap. Where two sister organisations at the UN manage the systems, allowing the overlap was a pretty dumb move if you ask me. I am agnostic as to which system should prevail in Central Asia, but signposting something would be a good thing to do now.
Old May 6th, 2016, 09:09 PM   #69
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

There should be E-system all over the world or at least in whole continental Euro-Asia region. (Islands like GB or Japan can have own system if they wish)
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 11:27 PM   #70
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakcancer View Post
There should be E-system all over the world or at least in whole continental Euro-Asia region. (Islands like GB or Japan can have own system if they wish)
I don't think we really need a single road number from Lisbon to Shangai. Even in Europe, E-numbers are almost never used in real life.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2016, 12:17 AM   #71
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
I don't think we really need a single road number from Lisbon to Shangai.
It would be Brest, surely? I know the E80 and AH5 are concurrent in western Turkey, but AH5 is concurrent with E60 from Poti to China... :P

I've drawn a map of the known routes here:
http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/vie...ads/ILY_3pbShu
Old December 31st, 2016, 08:04 PM   #72
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

Streetview in Sary-Tash, Kyrgyzstan by Timon Kruijk, on Flickr

Mountain view, Sary-Tash, Kyrgyzstan by Timon Kruijk, on Flickr

Mountain view, Sary-Tash, Kyrgyzstan by Timon Kruijk, on Flickr

On the road in southern Kyrgyzstan by Timon Kruijk, on Flickr

On the road in southern Kyrgyzstan by Timon Kruijk, on Flickr

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

verreme, Corvinus, pai nosso liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #73
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

The 2004 document renummbering the roads
link
Another document from 2011, depicting a bunch of road documents not on the google list
link
NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2017, 11:58 AM   #74
CNGL
Leudimin

Both links are the same .

NFZANMNIM liked this post
Old February 28th, 2017, 12:41 PM   #75
sotonsi

Here's the 2011 document http://cbd.minjust.gov.kg/act/view/ru-ru/92756?cl=ru-ru

Tags
highways