daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #321
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearb View Post
Indeed some of the stations are not necessary for this line between airport to futian... but now there isn't any chance to change...

I think the maglev line will just cost too much for such a short distance...
unless the government decide to use Huiyang airport as a second airport for shenzhen city where is about 50 km away from shenzhen city centre...
It doesn't look like Shenzhen will need another airport unless they build a small airport near the city center like London's City Airport LCY. 29 minutes from Airport to town is pretty decent. It seems much faster than the taxi I took from KingKey Finance center to the airport. At the time the line to the airport was not finished yet (October 2010). If they double track the line they could have a true express train from Futian to Airport....I guess it would take 15 minutes.

That would be perfecto! I'd like to submit that proposal to the government. One track for Express, one track for "local".
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #322
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18195

There are too many airports in the delta. There's no space for more - only room to shut down the underperforming ones like Macau and Zhuhai.

With Shenzhen's expansion, I think they'll be good for a long time. What's needed are not airports, but airspace corridor relaxations.

The subway ride to the airport seems very long, with many stops - only 29 minutes?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #323
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5761

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
If they double track the line they could have a true express train from Futian to Airport....I guess it would take 15 minutes.
They would at least need to triple- or quadruple-track the line for that.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 06:54 AM   #324
FM 2258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
They would at least need to triple- or quadruple-track the line for that.
Right, I think I meant quadruple track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
There are too many airports in the delta. There's no space for more - only room to shut down the underperforming ones like Macau and Zhuhai.

With Shenzhen's expansion, I think they'll be good for a long time. What's needed are not airports, but airspace corridor relaxations.

The subway ride to the airport seems very long, with many stops - only 29 minutes?
I was able to fly in/out of 4 of the 5 PRD airports(no Zhuhai). Macau's airport seemed pretty busy to me. I do wonder how they get 29 minutes out of that. Maybe this is a CRH train?
Old July 9th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #325
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18195

Quote:
Right, I think I meant quadruple track.

I was able to fly in/out of 4 of the 5 PRD airports(no Zhuhai). Macau's airport seemed pretty busy to me. I do wonder how they get 29 minutes out of that. Maybe this is a CRH train?
There is no CRH service to the airport at all. CRH only operates out of Shenzhen North and the main station next to the Lowu border. That said, I think 29 minutes appears awfully fast for such a long line with so many stations!

Macau's airport patronage has been steadily dropping over the past few years :
http://www.macau-airport.com/site/ph...passengers.php

With just over 4 million passengers in 2011, they are a very small airport compared to Hong Kong, which handled over 50 million passengers over the same period. After the bridge opens in a few years time, I'd think Macau's airport would be obsolete.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #326
FM 2258

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
There is no CRH service to the airport at all. CRH only operates out of Shenzhen North and the main station next to the Lowu border. That said, I think 29 minutes appears awfully fast for such a long line with so many stations!

Macau's airport patronage has been steadily dropping over the past few years :
http://www.macau-airport.com/site/ph...passengers.php

With just over 4 million passengers in 2011, they are a very small airport compared to Hong Kong, which handled over 50 million passengers over the same period. After the bridge opens in a few years time, I'd think Macau's airport would be obsolete.
Sorry, I was joking about CRH being a possible way they could achieve 29 minutes.

Too bad MFM is on the decline, I loved that airport. Macau put so much work into having their own airport it would be a shame to see it go away any time soon.
Old July 9th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #327
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5761

These airports are not going anywhere. For people who want to fly to Macau, the Macau Airport is the most convenient way of getting there, the same for people who want to go directly to Burbank, Providence, Rotterdam or any other small airports close to major metro areas.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #328
FM 2258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
These airports are not going anywhere. For people who want to fly to Macau, the Macau Airport is the most convenient way of getting there, the same for people who want to go directly to Burbank, Providence, Rotterdam or any other small airports close to major metro areas.
5 airports or the PRD seems perfect. Maybe if Foshan opens their airport for regular civilian use it might be nice for people there.

I've thrown the thread off topic for Shenzhen Public Transport. I'm glad that Shenzhen is at least putting a dedicated line to the airport.
Old July 10th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #329
DoubleU

Likes (Received): 413

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearb View Post
airport line
dark purple one in the map

No matter from which direction (North or East) you approach the airport there are "just" nine stations to the airport so I'd say the 29 minutes can be achieved. Even though it is a long way from Futian Station to the airport.
I can remember that I once read that for Line 1 from LuoHu to the Airport, which covers 30 stations and a length of approx. 40km, it will take around 60 minutes.
Comparing these figures it seems to me that the "Airport Express" is pretty slow.
DoubleU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #330
bearb

Likes (Received): 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
No matter from which direction (North or East) you approach the airport there are "just" nine stations to the airport so I'd say the 29 minutes can be achieved. Even though it is a long way from Futian Station to the airport.
I can remember that I once read that for Line 1 from LuoHu to the Airport, which covers 30 stations and a length of approx. 40km, it will take around 60 minutes.
Comparing these figures it seems to me that the "Airport Express" is pretty slow.
should be around 70 minutes from Airport East to Luohu...
as it took me 50 minutes from Bao'an Stadium to Grand Theatre = =
bearb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #331
bearb

Quote:
5 airports or the PRD seems perfect. Maybe if Foshan opens their airport for regular civilian use it might be nice for people there.

I've thrown the thread off topic for Shenzhen Public Transport. I'm glad that Shenzhen is at least putting a dedicated line to the airport.

continue it here :http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...354666&page=10
Old July 11th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #332
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Likes (Received): 22

When is SZ Metro/buses going to be hooked up to the Lingnan Tong card?
Old July 11th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #333
DoubleU

Quote:
When is SZ Metro/buses going to be hooked up to the Lingnan Tong card?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
According to Liu Xiaohua, deputy director of Guangdong Communications Department, as the LNT card will be accessible in cities like Shenzhen and Dongguan at the end of the year, the new card can be used throughout the province and Hong Kong, and even in Macau in 2013.

Sources:
http://www.thenanfang.com/blog/one-s...d-travel-card/
http://www.lifeofguangzhou.com/node_...92104022.shtml
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:23 AM   #334
DoubleU

Public spending

SHENZHEN spent 6.68 billion yuan (US$1.06 billion) on transportation infrastructure and facilities in the first half of this year, accounting for 51 percent of the year’s investment budget, Shenzhen’s transport commission said Tuesday.

The primary expenses are renovations of Jihua, Hengdongling and Guanlong roads, and construction of bus terminals that link with Metro stations.

The commission also has kicked off seven new road projects so far this year.

Source: http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2012-...nt_2120154.htm
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #335
DoubleU

Shekou to pilot public transit efforts

SHEKOU will be a demonstration area for Shenzhen’s “City of Public Transport” program, according to an agreement signed yesterday.

The agreement sets goals for establishing an efficient, convenient and comfortable public transportation system in five to eight years, with emphasis on low emissions and low pollution.

The agreement also launched the use of hybrid buses on route 226. All buses on the route from Chiwan to Xili will be gradually replaced with hybrid and electric buses. Shenzhen’s transport commission said the city will introduce 1,000 new-energy buses on existing routes, along with 500 electric taxis this year.

By the end of the 12th Five-Year Program, in 2015, buses will carry 60 percent of all commuters who use vehicles — public or private — to get to work. Public transportation trips from Shekou to the city’s CBD, in Futian, will take no more than 35 minutes. Bus stops will be within 500 meters of each other throughout the neighborhood, according to the plan.

To meet these goals, the city’s transport commission and Nanshan District Government will prioritize the development of public transportation and the use of hybrid buses. Traffic police will encourage drivers to use public transportation more often.

Shekou also will establish and promote bicycle rental services.

Shenzhen Municipal Government signed a framework agreement with the Ministry of Transportation in 2010 to become a model city for public transport. The city government announced its five-year action plan for public transport in 2011.

Source: http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2012-...nt_2120157.htm
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:49 PM   #336
bearb

by 深南向上

SZMC Tanglang Depot & Developments

Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:52 PM   #337
bearb

Metro Shenzhen North Station

Children's Palace Station

Old July 23rd, 2012, 03:49 AM   #338
FM 2258

Shenzhen has some very nice stations. I love the copied look of Hong Kong's MTR.

Are there two metro lines crossing at Shenzhen North Station?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 01:32 PM   #339
bearb

Quote:

Shenzhen has some very nice stations. I love the copied look of Hong Kong's MTR.

Are there two metro lines crossing at Shenzhen North Station?

yes. Huanzhong line and Longhua line... and Guangming line in the future

Longhua line is operated by MTR(Shenzhen) thay's why their stations looks like stations operated by MTR(HK) in Hong Kong

Last edited by bearb; July 23rd, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #340
trainrover
:-x

Likes (Received): 738

Wanna bet that this city's station's will be grimy in no time?
trainrover no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
guangdong