daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 19th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #601
DoubleU

Likes (Received): 413

Futian aiming for high-speed rail hub in ’14

SEHNZHEN residents likely will be able to access high-speed trains to Guangzhou in downtown Futian District by the end of 2014, after the city opens a massive underground station that will serve five Metro lines and the Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong High-Speed Railway, Shenzhen Special Zone Daily reported yesterday.
Construction of 37 kilometers of the railway’s 48-kilometer Shenzhen section has been completed, rail authorities said, and construction of the section between Shenzhen and West Kowloon in Hong Kong is expected to be completed by the end of 2015.
The comprehensive transportation hub located under Yitian Road in the Futian CBD has a planned construction area equivalent to 192 soccer fields and could be the biggest of its kind in Asia when completed. It will have three underground stories, with the first story a transfer hall, the second for Metro operation and the third for the high-speed rail line.
Shenzhen currently has 178 kilometers of rail transportation in operation, ranking fourth among Chinese cities.
The city’s rail transportation network has seen an increase in passengers this year with a daily average of about 2.5 million, a boost of 17 percent from 2012’s average. Metro users are accounting for a larger portion of the city’s total public transportation passengers, rising from 13 percent in 2012 to 25 percent in 2013.
The third phase of the city’s multi-year Metro development plan includes six lines, three of which — lines 7, 9 and 11 — are expected to open in 2016. The other three — lines 6, 8 and 16 — are still in construction preparation stages due to delays resulting from land acquisition disagreements or other construction-related disputes.
When completed and combined with the five current Metro lines, the third phase of development will give the city 350 kilometers of rail. (Anna Zhao)

Source: http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2013-...nt_2725285.htm
DoubleU no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #602
saiho

Likes (Received): 1297

Metro Group: Shenzhen Metro to be profitable 15 years

I have never liked how the Shenzhen Metro has some of China's most expensive subway fares but at least they have a goal or plan in mind. Pic somewhat related.
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #603
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26132

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiho View Post
I have never liked how the Shenzhen Metro has some of China's most expensive subway fares but at least they have a goal or plan in mind. Pic somewhat related.
It's very surprising. The city which is close to Hong Kong is in loses? So how much cost is in dollars?
dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #604
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlys1994 View Post
It's very surprising. The city which is close to Hong Kong is in loses? So how much cost is in dollars?
Why surprising? Shenzhen as a whole is still very much a city under construction, let alone its metro network.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 05:48 AM   #605
saiho

Likes (Received): 1297

Shenzhen Metro Transported 914 million people in 2013.

Source

big-dog, Pansori, cfredo liked this post
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 09:00 AM   #606
cfredo

Likes (Received): 1335

Are there any renders for the underground HSR station in Futian?
cfredo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:49 PM   #607
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101797

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlys1994 View Post
I've been twice in Shenzhen and every time I buy a one-day card, it's just 20 yuan (in Shanghai it's 18).

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

forumaniac, dimlys1994 liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #608
jason102

Likes (Received): 45

Hello Shenzhen Metro fans!

After a lot of hard work, I've finished adding all the lines planned in the government's official long-term plan to my Metro Map Viewer software:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...MapViewer.html

Drag the time scrubber/slider at the top to go forward and back in time. If you're in China, you may need a VPN/proxy to load Google Maps.

I used the government's latest (updated as of November 2012) long-term 2030 plan to compile this:
http://www.szpl.gov.cn/xxgk/tzgg/csg...1119_77581.htm

Here's the direct link to the 2030 map (compressed as a rar):
http://www.szpl.gov.cn/xxgk/tzgg/csg...1995047553.rar

I have a bunch of questions for the metro experts:
- Is this 2012 official 2030 long-term map the latest masterplan long-term map issued by the Shenzhen government? If not, where can I get the latest on the website? (My Chinese isn't good enough to do a really thorough search.)
- Please let me know if any line opening dates should be changed. For instance, someone in this forum said line 11 might be opened in 2015, but then I read a news article here http://www.szdaily.com/content/2013-...nt_8930569.htm saying 2016.
- Please focus especially on the small extensions to existing lines.
- On line 5, the Huanzhong Line, there's a station called Liuxiandong. However, I think the government plan has a mistake - the west branch of the Xili Line terminates with a station of the same name! Any ideas?
- The masterplan says that for the Qiannan line (line 17 - the "loop" line) in Nanshan District, it will pass through a station called "Qianhai", but the Qianhai station on line 5 and line 9 it will pass through seem to be a bit far away from where line 17 is planned to be?
- How can I get the stations and their locations for the other lines? Perhaps more detailed maps can be found on the Shenzhen city planning website? I was only able to go so far using Baidu Maps
- I can't be very accurate when it comes to line colors unfortunately, but if anyone thinks they know what line will have what color, let me know!
- Is there a fixed naming strategy for East/West/North/South for the metro lines? For example, is it "West Changhong Rd" or "Changhong West Rd"? I think I've seen both orders used, perhaps between different Chinese cities.
---

Here's an article mentioning how 4 new lines were added to the latest official (as of Nov 2012) 2030 long-term plan: http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2012-...nt_2284317.htm
- In total, by 2030 Shenzhen metro's total length will equal that of Shenzhen to Changsha in Hunan Province!

There's been some progress on Line 11, the Airport Line, in case anyone missed this news: http://www.szdaily.com/content/2013-...nt_8930569.htm

As I add other Pearl River Delta city lines (Dongguan and Huizhou are my next targets), I will adjust Shenzhen's to show how they'll connect all the nearby cities. In fact, my goal is to add all the long-term metro lines so that in the end we'll be able to see all of China light up in a blaze of metro glory!

HOWEVER, I'm looking for people to help me work on this! Adding the lines and stations take a long time, and I know there are other people out there who 1) know these things better than I do, and 2) can fluently read Chinese in order to do these Chinese searches for the required information. Please send me a message or post in the following Creative Corner 2D Drawings thread so we can get in touch!:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post110358309

The above thread also has information related to the technical aspects of this software.

Be a part of creating THE MASTER PLAN - CHINA: 2030!
Old January 9th, 2014, 03:14 PM   #609
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

What info do you have on Huizhou's metro?
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #610
kunming tiger

As I add other Pearl River Delta city lines (Dongguan and Huizhou are my next targets), I will adjust Shenzhen's to show how they'll connect all the nearby cities. In fact, my goal is to add all the long-term metro lines so that in the end we'll be able to see all of China light up in a blaze of metro glory!

jason102

It is indeed a worthy project.
Old January 9th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #611
jason102

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post
What info do you have on Huizhou's metro?
None at this time, and it appears SSC doesn't have a thread for it. However, we can start by doing a search - at the very top the Baike page has a few preliminary metro maps:
http://www.baidu.com/s?wd=%E6%83%A0%...ug2=0&inputT=5

I'd love to get my hands on the originals of some of those maps - they're unfortunately very blurry...

Try also doing an image search to see what comes up.

EDIT: Oh wait, those maps are for a 轻轨 system ("light rail"). So I guess those are trams, not metro lines?

big-dog liked this post

Last edited by jason102; January 9th, 2014 at 04:17 PM.
jason102 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #612
Geography

Likes (Received): 104

Great work, jason102! Thanks a lot for making that map. I've been looking for something like it.
Geography no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 07:20 AM   #613
jason102

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason102 View Post
None at this time, and it appears SSC doesn't have a thread for it. However, we can start by doing a search - at the very top the Baike page has a few preliminary metro maps:
http://www.baidu.com/s?wd=%E6%83%A0%...ug2=0&inputT=5

I'd love to get my hands on the originals of some of those maps - they're unfortunately very blurry...

Try also doing an image search to see what comes up.

EDIT: Oh wait, those maps are for a 轻轨 system ("light rail"). So I guess those are trams, not metro lines?
I figured out the difference - 轻轨 and 地铁 ("light rail" and "subway/metro") are pretty much the same thing. The only big and important difference is that the light rail version has narrower trains - for example lines 5, 6, and 8 in Shanghai - those are "light rail", or 轻轨 metro lines. However, both versions run on railway tracks, so are still pretty much the same thing. Therefore, Huizhou really will have a metro system in the sense of what we like to think of the definition of "metro" - it will not be a tram system! Here's where I found my answer:
http://www.huizhou.cn/jrhz_bbs/bbs_h...917_267885.htm
Old January 14th, 2014, 07:47 AM   #614
kunming tiger

Quote:
I figured out the difference - 轻轨 and 地铁 ("light rail" and "subway/metro") are pretty much the same thing. The only big and important difference is that the light rail version has narrower trains - for example lines 5, 6, and 8 in Shanghai - those are "light rail", or 轻轨 metro lines. However, both versions run on railway tracks, so are still pretty much the same thing. Therefore, Huizhou really will have a metro system in the sense of what we like to think of the definition of "metro" - it will not be a tram system! Here's where I found my answer:
http://www.huizhou.cn/jrhz_bbs/bbs_h...917_267885.htm

The link was inaccesible for now what other details do you have on the Huizhou metro? In terms of number of lines and system length, start and completion date?
Old January 14th, 2014, 07:59 AM   #615
_Night City Dream_

I was in Shenzhen at the beginning of January and noticed one thing that you can't see in other China's metro systems.

On several lines lighting system of a station gets brighter as a train approaches.

forumaniac liked this post
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:38 AM   #616
jason102

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post
The link was inaccesible for now what other details do you have on the Huizhou metro? In terms of number of lines and system length, start and completion date?
That's so weird! Yeah, I'm getting a 404 error too. However, since I was able to download it 1 hour ago, it's still in my cache - here's a screenshot of what used to be there: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20Chinese.png

According to the Baike page, there's going to be 7 lines in total, with the first 3 completed before 2030, and the last 4 completed before 2050. The first line will be completed "before 2020".
http://baike.baidu.com/link?url=2Awi...vZSa-WSvRXmatK
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:40 AM   #617
jason102

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
I was in Shenzhen at the beginning of January and noticed one thing that you can't see in other China's metro systems.

On several lines lighting system of a station gets brighter as a train approaches.
Yes, very true. Now I don't think that's the case for Line 1, the Luobao Line, but for Line 2, the Shekou Line, the lights do dim in this way. I'm not sure about the other lines as I don't ride them as often (I live in Nanshan District).
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:44 AM   #618
jason102

By the way, check out the Metro planning thread - a lot of good long-term Pearl River Delta maps have been posted (see pages 26 and 27): http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...406677&page=27

kunming tiger liked this post
Old January 14th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #619
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
I figured out the difference - 轻轨 and 地铁 ("light rail" and "subway/metro") are pretty much the same thing. The only big and important difference is that the light rail version has narrower trains - for example lines 5, 6, and 8 in Shanghai - those are "light rail", or 轻轨 metro lines.
Also, elevated metro (that doesn't go underground) is called light rail in China. Something completely different than what light rail is in the rest of the world.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #620
_Night City Dream_

Line 8 in Shanghai is no way an LRT.

forumaniac liked this post

Tags
guangdong