daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 13th, 2015, 05:37 AM   #721
ccdk

Likes (Received): 976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography View Post
Thanks for the maps, ccdk! Are those lines expected to open on time, or have there been any delays?
Didn't hear any delays, so I assume they will open as planned.
ccdk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:17 AM   #722
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1160

On line 7, what are the dotted purple lines? Alternate possible routes? I would really like the line 7 to go through chegongmiao interchange!
ShenzhenVille Instagram account: @ShenzhenVille
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:33 AM   #723
ccdk

Likes (Received): 976

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
On line 7, what are the dotted purple lines? Alternate possible routes? I would really like the line 7 to go through chegongmiao interchange!
It didn't say what those dotted purple lines are for, but on SZ metro website they do list "Chegongmiao" as one of the stations on line 7.

Are you living in SZ? if you speak Chinese you could navigate SZ metro website, it is pretty informative http://www.szmc.net/page/plan/build.html?code=3112
ccdk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2015, 04:01 PM   #724
bearb

Likes (Received): 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
That was the initial plan for line 7 to have interchange at Zuzilin instead of Chegongmiao
bearb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2015, 04:02 PM   #725
bearb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dennis.Deng View Post
Does anybody know, when the Tram line in Longhua will open, or whether trial operation has already started?
a timetable from the government says they will finish 10% of the construction this year
Old April 17th, 2015, 04:06 PM   #726
bearb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
I would love a HK Airport - Shenzen Airport link... via Tuen Mun and/or Yuen Long :P
The plan is on hold now. Legislative Council of Hong Kong thinks it will cost too much and will not bring much benefit to them.
Old April 17th, 2015, 05:47 PM   #727
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearb View Post
The plan is on hold now. Legislative Council of Hong Kong thinks it will cost too much and will not bring much benefit to them.
I know... but if Shenzhen/mainland forks over more money, HK wouldn't be able to stop it
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 11:35 AM   #728
snapdragon

Likes (Received): 368

Every project that has legs associated with Hong kong are certain to decades
Old April 18th, 2015, 08:05 PM   #729
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
I know... but if Shenzhen/mainland forks over more money, HK wouldn't be able to stop it
Dead project. No plans for construction. Hong Kong will build a 3rd runway and not need Shenzhen for the overflow.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 04:02 PM   #730
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Dead project. No plans for construction. Hong Kong will build a 3rd runway and not need Shenzhen for the overflow.
I would agree with this assessment.

HK doesn't do what is in the best interests of the team just themselves.

_Night City Dream_, snapdragon liked this post
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 04:51 PM   #731
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101817

I don't think Shenzhen would need that either. They are already self-sufficient. And while HK still lacks areas for the future development, Shenzhen has got loads of them. In the future Baoan airport will definitely be more important than Cheklapkok, and HK itself will turn into a satellite city of Shenzhen.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 05:56 PM   #732
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
I don't think Shenzhen would need that either. They are already self-sufficient. And while HK still lacks areas for the future development, Shenzhen has got loads of them. In the future Baoan airport will definitely be more important than Cheklapkok, and HK itself will turn into a satellite city of Shenzhen.
No. Shenzhen airport is constrained in both land and also in the air. The entire delta has too many airports. They cannot handle being an overflow anyway, and they have a pitiful international network that will not likely change with CAN and CZ nearby. SZX will continue to be a domestic operation, and won't be of much interest for an expensive dedicated rail link to either HK or Guangzhou.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old April 19th, 2015, 05:57 PM   #733
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post

Tell that to Zhuhai and Macau's airports - the least utilized and should be the first ones to close.

Old April 19th, 2015, 08:10 PM   #734
snapdragon

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post

I understand and at some level agree with your sentiment. Yet i feel the wise way to move forward is to try grow even if one of the team members is acting in an aloof manner by creating your own independent solutions .

There is no point in trying to bring Hong kong into the mix of everything PRD wants to achieve. Its just a waste of energy, resources and more importantly time. While also causing unnecessary friction . I think PRC and PRD need to find new solutions and just forget HK for a while .
Old April 19th, 2015, 09:58 PM   #735
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101817

Quote:
No. Shenzhen airport is constrained in both land and also in the air. The entire delta has too many airports. They cannot handle being an overflow anyway, and they have a pitiful international network that will not likely change with CAN and CZ nearby. SZX will continue to be a domestic operation, and won't be of much interest for an expensive dedicated rail link to either HK or Guangzhou.
So many airports? They're quite far from one another. London has got several airports making the city number one in terms of passenger flow. What's wrong with Shenzhen Baoan that it can't develop, in your opinion?

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2015, 06:31 AM   #736
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
So many airports? They're quite far from one another. London has got several airports making the city number one in terms of passenger flow. What's wrong with Shenzhen Baoan that it can't develop, in your opinion?
But London's airports are nowhere as busy as the ones in the delta. Hong Kong handled 63 million in 2014, Guangzhou handled almost 55 million, and Shenzhen handled 36 million. Keep in mind China's airspace is tightly regulated by the military, so there is plenty of congestion along the limited flight corridors. Flight paths for these 3 airports conflict with each other, and what is available is being further hogged up by the sparsely-used Macau and Zhuhai airports nearby.

Shenzhen's airport is actually very close to Hong Kong. In fact, it is only about 10-15km away from the Hong Kong air traffic control area, so planes need to make a sharp turnwhen they do a southerly departure. This also means the financial district of Futian needs to have height limits. Similarly, Hong Kong airplanes heading into China need to make a rapid ascent and can only enter Shenzhen airspace above a certain flight level. Arrivals into Hong Kong from the west need to head out to sea and then make a 180-degree U-turn to prevent violating Shenzhen's air traffic control area.

Congestion around the delta and liberalization of air space in China are ongoing works in progress. Meanwhile, Shenzhen's airport does not have any more land to expand. It has already been reclaimed out into the river and now a highway is built offshore, blocking any further reclamation.

Sources :
http://www.aci.aero/Data-Centre/Mont...y/Year-to-date
http://www.wcarn.com/news/40/40524.html

You can read more about the congestion problem here : http://aviationweek.com/awin/chinas-...add-congestion

_Night City Dream_, FM 2258 liked this post
Old April 20th, 2015, 12:53 PM   #737
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
I understand and at some level agree with your sentiment. Yet i feel the wise way to move forward is to try grow even if one of the team members is acting in an aloof manner by creating your own independent solutions .

There is no point in trying to bring Hong kong into the mix of everything PRD wants to achieve. Its just a waste of energy, resources and more importantly time. While also causing unnecessary friction . I think PRC and PRD need to find new solutions and just forget HK for a while .
I guess you summed it up.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2015, 04:01 PM   #738
hkskyline
Hong Kong

The cities on the mainland side of the Pearl River Delta obviously cannot work as one entity either, but each looks after its own interests. That's why there are so many airports in such a small area. That's why there is no transit integration, or even a simple single smart card that can be used across these neighboring cities.

Old April 20th, 2015, 05:58 PM   #739
maginn
maginn

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Tell that to Zhuhai and Macau's airports - the least utilized and should be the first ones to close.
Actually the least utilized airports in the PRD region are the Huizhou Pingtan airport (HUZ) and Foshan Shadi airport (FUO).

Macau and Zhuhai shouldn't close their airports as they are on the western side of the delta and it would take a rather long time for people to get to/from those cities from the other large airports in the region, such as the ones in Guangzhou and Shenzhen. Instead, they should turn Macau's airport into one that has a focus on short-haul international flights (not including flights to/from the PRC), while Zhuhai handles all the domestic flights only (to/from the PRC and not including the ROC).
People in Macau and Zhuhai who want to fly on long-distance international flights should divert by ferry to HKIA for a transit.

FM 2258 liked this post
maginn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 02:31 AM   #740
bearb

[Line 11/Airport Line] Houting Station
original post:http://www.ditiezu.com/thread-411996-1-1.html
by cxzeng

Quote:

Tags
guangdong