daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #61
Sasha28

Likes (Received): 431

donde esta el septimo A340-300 ? creo LV-BIT

saludos
Sasha28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #62
Sasha28

Likes (Received): 431

???
Sasha28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #63
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Likes (Received): 1313

I had the unfortunate experience of flying Aerolineas Argentinas from Buenos Aires to Sydney last June 28 (AR1180).

A friend warned me about flying with the airline but shrugged it off because only Aerolineas fly direct from Buenos Aires to Sydney. I should have listened.

Aerolineas check-in at EZE was terrible! Our ETD was 8:50AM. I was at the check in area at around 5:30AM with maybe 10 other passengers on queue. Check in was very slow with only 2 staff at the check in counters. Then for some reason, the 2 check in staff left their posts. We thought that probably there's a shift change. But 30 minutes passed and there was not a single staff came to relieve the vacated counters, while several other Aerolineas counters were busy checking in passengers to other destinations.

Queuing passengers snaked all the way to the entrance doors. After about an hour and a half of unmanned counters, or around past 7:00 AM, one queuing passenger started to clap his hands. We all followed suit and started clapping, whistled and made some noise to get the attention of the airline. That’s when one staff came to one of the counters. No explanations or apologies were said to the passengers. After a few more minutes, 2 more staff came. And all were now in a hurry to check-in because there’s only an hour left before ETD.

Luckily, the flight was only slightly delayed. However, the shabby service did not end there.

It was the worst long-haul flight I ever had (16-17 hours). There was no decent in-flight entertainment. There’s a projector screen at the front, which was useless when lights are on because… it’s a projector, and several drop-down CRT-looking TVs for passengers sitting further back, showing un-interesting films (I did not see anyone watching and using the plane-provided earphones).

In between the 2 meals provided, there was no attempt by flight attendants to walk around with their carts offering passengers at least some drinks. What most of us did was to go to the pantry at the back of the plane and asked for water or some other drinks. I think I made that trip 3 times.

The airline is also one of the very few (or could be the last flag carrier lol) that still do not allow the use of phones between take-off and landing. Un-aware of this out-dated policy, a flight attendant tapped me on the shoulder when he saw me listening to music from my iphone and told me to turn it off immediately, even if it’s in flight mode. That’s when I know that the airline still exists in the Jurassic period. In the absence of a decent in-flight entertainment, imagine how bored the passengers were without being able to use smartphones to listen to their own music and play games.

Another thing that I noticed, which I don’t mind really, is that there was no in-flight duty free shop.

What a crap airline.

A couple of days after my arrival in Sydney, I received an email from the airline stating “Thank you for flying with us. We want to know how was your travel experience on flight AR1180 on Fri, Jun 28, 2013, 08:50 AM to give you better service. To share your thoughts in a brief survey CLICK HERE, please.”

What you just read above is what they got from me.

One thing I learned out of this experience, a direct flight is not always the best option.

shyaman's travels
Argentina • Australia [NSW-NT-QLD-VIC] • Austria • Brazil • Cambodia • Canada [ON-QC] • Chile • China • Cuba • Czech Republic • Egypt • France • Germany • Hong Kong • India • Indonesia • Italy • Japan • Macau • Malaysia • Mexico • Myanmar • Netherlands • Nepal • New Zealand • Peru • Philippines • Singapore • Spain • Thailand • United Arab Emirates • United Kingdom [England-Scotland] • United States [AZ-CA-DC-IL-NV-NY] • Uruguay • Vietnam

Paradise liked this post
shyaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #64
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

AR got to be one of the worst national carriers. There was a aircraft sun baking in SYD for well over a week.

Godius liked this post
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #65
Godius
Nitimur in vetitum

Likes (Received): 4069

Aerolineas Argentinas A340 new livery? Via X

Shrimpo7 liked this post
Godius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #66
koresh

Likes (Received): 1365

Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus 340-211 SYD-AKL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYPPk8xJyjg

koresh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #67
koresh

Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus 340-211

Click on individual image for larger view

Old July 14th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #68
koresh

Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus 340-211

Click on individual image for larger view

Flickr photos : hkore

Shrimpo7 liked this post
Old July 22nd, 2013, 01:39 AM   #69
tioale

Likes (Received): 142

Aerolineas Argentinas puts retired Boeing 737-236 LV-ZYG on display at Tecnópolis in Buenos Aires

Aerolíneas Argentinas (Buenos Aires) is displaying its retired former British Airways Boeing 737-236 LV-ZYG (msn 21795) at the Tecnópolis Fair in Villa Martelli, Buenos Aires (see map below). The fair was created in 2010 to show the achievements of the Argentine government over the past 200 years of the modern history of the country. The former airliner is displayed in the new 2010 livery of Aerolíneas Argentinas. The display features LCD displays on each window to simulate the takeoff, the flight and the landing of a real aircraft.

http://worldairlinenews.com/2013/07/...-buenos-aires/
tioale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 03:20 AM   #70
Paradise
city lights

Likes (Received): 1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyaman View Post
I had the unfortunate experience of flying Aerolineas Argentinas from Buenos Aires to Sydney last June 28 (AR1180).

A friend warned me about flying with the airline but shrugged it off because only Aerolineas fly direct from Buenos Aires to Sydney. I should have listened.

Aerolineas check-in at EZE was terrible! Our ETD was 8:50AM. I was at the check in area at around 5:30AM with maybe 10 other passengers on queue. Check in was very slow with only 2 staff at the check in counters. Then for some reason, the 2 check in staff left their posts. We thought that probably there's a shift change. But 30 minutes passed and there was not a single staff came to relieve the vacated counters, while several other Aerolineas counters were busy checking in passengers to other destinations.

Queuing passengers snaked all the way to the entrance doors. After about an hour and a half of unmanned counters, or around past 7:00 AM, one queuing passenger started to clap his hands. We all followed suit and started clapping, whistled and made some noise to get the attention of the airline. That’s when one staff came to one of the counters. No explanations or apologies were said to the passengers. After a few more minutes, 2 more staff came. And all were now in a hurry to check-in because there’s only an hour left before ETD.

Luckily, the flight was only slightly delayed. However, the shabby service did not end there.

It was the worst long-haul flight I ever had (16-17 hours). There was no decent in-flight entertainment. There’s a projector screen at the front, which was useless when lights are on because… it’s a projector, and several drop-down CRT-looking TVs for passengers sitting further back, showing un-interesting films (I did not see anyone watching and using the plane-provided earphones).

In between the 2 meals provided, there was no attempt by flight attendants to walk around with their carts offering passengers at least some drinks. What most of us did was to go to the pantry at the back of the plane and asked for water or some other drinks. I think I made that trip 3 times.

The airline is also one of the very few (or could be the last flag carrier lol) that still do not allow the use of phones between take-off and landing. Un-aware of this out-dated policy, a flight attendant tapped me on the shoulder when he saw me listening to music from my iphone and told me to turn it off immediately, even if it’s in flight mode. That’s when I know that the airline still exists in the Jurassic period. In the absence of a decent in-flight entertainment, imagine how bored the passengers were without being able to use smartphones to listen to their own music and play games.

Another thing that I noticed, which I don’t mind really, is that there was no in-flight duty free shop.

What a crap airline.

A couple of days after my arrival in Sydney, I received an email from the airline stating “Thank you for flying with us. We want to know how was your travel experience on flight AR1180 on Fri, Jun 28, 2013, 08:50 AM to give you better service. To share your thoughts in a brief survey CLICK HERE, please.”

What you just read above is what they got from me.

One thing I learned out of this experience, a direct flight is not always the best option.

Next time choose Qantas or LAN with connection in Santiago de Chile.

EK413 liked this post
Paradise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 03:51 PM   #71
GTR66
GTR66

Likes (Received): 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Next time choose Qantas or LAN with connection in Santiago de Chile.
Good News. Qantas is adding an extra flight each week during December and January. It will be flown on an 744. Qantas will have four weekly flights to SCL.
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:38 AM   #72
Tyco75
Orgulloso de ser TICO

Likes (Received): 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godius View Post
Aerolineas Argentinas A340 new livery? Via X

Beautiful.
Tyco75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #73
tioale

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS IS TO RESUME ITS DIRECT FLIGHTS TO NEW YORK

The state-run Argentine airline, Aerolineas Argentinas, has announced that it will resume its direct flights from Buenos Aires to New York that were terminated five years ago.

From 15th December 2013, the company will be offering a daily flight from Ezezia International Airport in Buenos Aires to New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport.

http://looksouthtours.wordpress.com/...s-to-new-york/
Old July 24th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #74
tioale

New A340-300 for AR - SkyTeam Livery

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/pho...rbus-a340-300/

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/pho...rbus-a340-300/

Godius, LV-MDO liked this post
Old July 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #75
Theizazo
Theizazo

Likes (Received): 179

AR's First Airbus A330-200

Last edited by Theizazo; July 25th, 2013 at 06:52 PM.
Theizazo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #76
tioale

Aerolineas Argentinas Adds Caracas Flights from December 2013

Aerolineas Argentinas from 07DEC13 is introducing 6th weekly service on Buenos Aires – Caracas route, where the new flight operates on Saturdays with Airbus A340.

http://airlineroute.net/2013/07/24/ar-ccs-w13/
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:05 AM   #77
Theizazo
Theizazo

Likes (Received): 179

El primer A330 de Aerolineas Argentinas

Matrícula: LV-FNJ
Último operador: Malaysia Airlines
Tipo: 330-223
Número de serie: 300
Primera fecha de vuelo: 29/10/1999
Motores 2 x PW PW4168A
Edad del avión: 14 años

Matrícula: LV-FNI
Último operador: Malaysia Airlines
Tipo: 330-223
Número de serie: 290
Primera fecha de vuelo: 19/07/1999
Motores 2 x PW PW4168A
Edad del avión: 14 años

Source : http://avionesenezeiza.blogspot.com/...tinas.html?m=1

Shrimpo7 liked this post
Theizazo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #78
Joseph85

Likes (Received): 6119

Aerolineas Argentinas Adds Caracas Flights from December 2013
by JL
Update at 0440GMT 24JUL13

Aerolineas Argentinas from 07DEC13 is introducing 6th weekly service on Buenos Aires – Caracas route, where the new flight operates on Saturdays with Airbus A340. Schedule as follow.

AR1376 EZE0755 – 1325CCS 340 x1
AR1377 CCS1500 – 2340EZE 340 x1

http://airlineroute.net/2013/07/24/ar-ccs-w13/
Old July 30th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #79
tioale

My last fly with AR in 737-800 Beautiful

Joral, Shrimpo7 liked this post
Old July 30th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #80
koresh