daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 11th, 2004, 01:59 PM   #441
heirloom

Likes (Received): 2

oh i mean prepare for future need... like the sengkang and punggol lrt systems. and to some extent the nel.
heirloom no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2004, 02:14 AM   #442
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Likes (Received): 4

But just how detailed are they actually? The photos available on the web are obviously not showing much in this respect, and the price looks shocking high as a result!

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
huaiwei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 02:38 AM   #443
Kit
arkitect

Likes (Received): 0

I've not seen the train up close yet but the buses are pretty detailed. You can see the EZ Link machines. If you seen the HK buses models, that's almost as good as it can get for that price really. Only complaint I have is that the wheel axles are a tad too short so the wheels don't look so realistic.
Kit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 09:06 AM   #444
ignoramus

One North People Mover System
- The one-north transportation system is designed to provide seamless connectivity between one-north and surrounding areas, such as NUH and the existing North Buona Vista MRT, to the key nodes within one-north.
- The one-north transportation network consists of a two tier of transportation modes. In the earlier years, an interim shuttle bus service with intelligent information systems is planned for and will be implemented to serve one-north's initial developments Biopolis (Life Xchange) and Fusionpolis (Central Xchange). The interim system caters to the hectic schedule of the work and live population in one-north by ensuring that the services are always on time and convenient.

Renderings Of The One North People Mover System
© One North
ignoramus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 08:15 PM   #445
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Wow! I didnt see that picture of one-north's PMS before. Looks shiok!

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
Old November 12th, 2004, 09:45 PM   #446
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Hm...so does the bus have movable parts? As in...it can roll around on the floor right?

Old November 12th, 2004, 09:57 PM   #447
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Well...dont people seem to think that "efficiency" equals high frequency? That is how ppl seem to think the system in hk is better. So I seriously dont think its an issue of us packing more ppl per train. It will be cool to have one train every 1 min. Actually..they are already running between 2-3 mins frequency during morning peak hours. I was quite amazed by that already!

Old November 12th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #448
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Actually it is rather easy to find all sorts of bus pictures on the net...

Old November 12th, 2004, 10:42 PM   #449
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Long long ago...when the SBS logo was still around, and number 81 used to go all the way to New Bridge Road....

Old November 13th, 2004, 02:44 AM   #450
huaiwei
The Monkey King

...and the more "ancient" version of service 81!

Old November 13th, 2004, 03:30 AM   #451
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huaiwei
Well...dont people seem to think that "efficiency" equals high frequency? That is how ppl seem to think the system in hk is better. So I seriously dont think its an issue of us packing more ppl per train. It will be cool to have one train every 1 min. Actually..they are already running between 2-3 mins frequency during morning peak hours. I was quite amazed by that already!
Train frequency is up-to-standard during peak hours.......I usually don't wait for more than 2 min......
babystan03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2004, 05:25 AM   #452
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Not bad....I was waitingg for my bus...and I got so frustrated I was like counting how many trains has passed before the bus comes!

Old November 13th, 2004, 05:29 AM   #453
heirloom

lol

Quote:
Hm...so does the bus have movable parts? As in...it can roll around on the floor right?
heirloom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2004, 05:29 AM   #454
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Not bad....I was waitingg for my bus...and I got so frustrated I was like counting how many trains has passed before the bus comes!
Haha.....which is why I need 30 mins to get to work on bus......compared to a mere 15mins(or less sometimes) if I take the MRT.......
Old November 13th, 2004, 05:34 AM   #455
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Whats so funny.....

Old November 13th, 2004, 05:39 AM   #456
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
...and the more "ancient" version of service 81!

Kaoz....thats a classic....

I can still remember the sounds and jerkiness of this baby.......
Old November 13th, 2004, 05:39 AM   #457
huaiwei
The Monkey King

You know for my daily commute to school..the only reason why it takes so long is because of waiting for the bloody bus, and I have to wait twice. The first bus trip is only 5 mins or less. Then the mrt takes 20 mins. the next bus should be about 15-20 mins ride. But I end up needsing about 1 and a half hour sometimes, because of waiting!

Old November 13th, 2004, 05:42 AM   #458
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
You know for my daily commute to school..the only reason why it takes so long is because of waiting for the bloody bus, and I have to wait twice. The first bus trip is only 5 mins or less. Then the mrt takes 20 mins. the next bus should be about 15-20 mins ride. But I end up needsing about 1 and a half hour sometimes, because of waiting!
I think the frequency of bus should be looked into.......especially to areas where there are high traffic demands( like orchard and kent ridge).......
Old November 13th, 2004, 05:43 AM   #459
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Muaaahah...still remember the cockroaches running down the walls thou?

Old November 13th, 2004, 05:44 AM   #460
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Long long ago...when the SBS logo was still around, and number 81 used to go all the way to New Bridge Road....

Haha...you sounded rather pissed off with 81's change of route??

Tags
metro, mrt, singapore