daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2004, 05:45 AM   #461
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Likes (Received): 4

Sigh...all I needed was a short trip to the mrt station 4 bus stops away. I dont noe why I need to wait for 20 mins sometimes....

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
huaiwei no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2004, 05:48 AM   #462
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Yes I am. Obviously.

I am so pisssed with most of the route changes anyway. No bus to orchard. No bus to marina centre. No bus to anywhere. I feel like bombing their headquaters.

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
Old November 13th, 2004, 05:48 AM   #463
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by huaiwei
Sigh...all I needed was a short trip to the mrt station 4 bus stops away. I dont noe why I need to wait for 20 mins sometimes....
I hope the situation will get better when they open the NUH station.....but then don't think you have the chance to enjoy it.......
babystan03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2004, 05:50 AM   #464
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Yes I am. Obviously.

I am so pisssed with most of the route changes anyway. No bus to orchard. No bus to marina centre. No bus to anywhere. I feel like bombing their headquaters.
Wah very pissed.......

But then I'm sure the MRT kind of fill that in right?? (Abeit at a higher cost it seems)
Old November 13th, 2004, 05:53 AM   #465
huaiwei
The Monkey King

The thing is I am perfectly ok with the MRT. Its much faster, and I dont care if its a few cents more expensive. The problem is that is has 2 main shortcomings:

1. Lousy operating hours. It stops earlier then the buses, of coz.

2. I end up having to keep getting to the MRT station to go anywhere, but my link to the MRT is terok enough. Dosent that make me more pissed?

Old November 13th, 2004, 05:57 AM   #466
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Oh well....I have already resigned to the fact that I am born much too early?

Old November 13th, 2004, 05:59 AM   #467
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Oh well....I have already resigned to the fact that I am born much too early?
Me too......

But then got other perks lah....like finish NS faster......

I hope I didn't stir too much emotion in this??
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:06 AM   #468
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Haha...transportation is always an emotional issue. Especially when it costs too much compared to how much I am getting.

Old November 13th, 2004, 06:08 AM   #469
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignoramus
One North People Mover System
- The one-north transportation system is designed to provide seamless connectivity between one-north and surrounding areas, such as NUH and the existing North Buona Vista MRT, to the key nodes within one-north.
- The one-north transportation network consists of a two tier of transportation modes. In the earlier years, an interim shuttle bus service with intelligent information systems is planned for and will be implemented to serve one-north's initial developments Biopolis (Life Xchange) and Fusionpolis (Central Xchange). The interim system caters to the hectic schedule of the work and live population in one-north by ensuring that the services are always on time and convenient.

Renderings Of The One North People Mover System
© One North
Wow.....looks like one of those european tram system.......any info about the train system??
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:10 AM   #470
ignoramus

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystan03
Me too......

But then got other perks lah....like finish NS faster......

I hope I didn't stir too much emotion in this??
Referring to me? Or am I just being oversensitive...hahaha...

Yah sometimes when I take the train at 7.30 the train comes every 2 mins. When I am at the bottom of the escalator the train leaves. When I reach the platform and walk to the centre of the platform another train arrives. Cool.

At the bus stop at HarbourFront, I wait up to 15 minutes for a bus. Then when the bus comes, all the bus that I can take to school all come, 97, 100, 61, 166.

MRT = Frequency (2mins to 8 mins)
Bus = Usually More Direct (Yishun to Changi Airport 30 mins more or less)
ignoramus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #471
ignoramus

BELIEVE ME, thats ALL THE INFO there is. They are apparently still conducting their research into the matter. Understandable. Think it will be up only after 2010 cause there isn't a critical mass of buildings throughout One North as yet. The PMS was supposed to serve the entire One North District. So building it now is like building another Punggol LRT.

Anyways understandable too that it might be a tram though its not confirmed cause no point sparing so much expense on an elevated LRT when the area is not as dense as lets say a HDB estate. And I think its smaller by a bit too. So a tram system is both fine and its a new type of transport mode in Singapore so I like it.
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #472
heirloom

uh actually i prefer taking the mrt even though i have to take a bus to a station. its faster. at least for someone staying in tampines.
heirloom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:18 AM   #473
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignoramus
BELIEVE ME, thats ALL THE INFO there is. They are apparently still conducting their research into the matter. Understandable. Think it will be up only after 2010 cause there isn't a critical mass of buildings throughout One North as yet. The PMS was supposed to serve the entire One North District. So building it now is like building another Punggol LRT.

Anyways understandable too that it might be a tram though its not confirmed cause no point sparing so much expense on an elevated LRT when the area is not as dense as lets say a HDB estate. And I think its smaller by a bit too. So a tram system is both fine and its a new type of transport mode in Singapore so I like it.
Yup I guess if they ever built a tram system, that's the only place where we see it in Singapore??
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:19 AM   #474
huaiwei
The Monkey King

97, 100, 61, 166 are all very frequent loh. Next time you see how often 10 is then come back to me.

Old November 13th, 2004, 06:19 AM   #475
ignoramus

MRT = Air Conditioning Excellent Always, Frequency High, Great View On Elevated Sections, Fast, Cool? haha, Less Pukish Feeling When I Take It

Bus = Jerk jerk jerk I want to puke. Air conditioning depends on whether the bus driver turns it on one hour before passengers board and also depends on the weather, slow as compared to the MRT if travelling on the same route. Tight seats (Cramped I mean).

But then again I love TVMobile...haha (Sue me!)
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:20 AM   #476
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Er...yes, but what if you bus to the MRT dosent come until 20 mins later? During peak hours?

Old November 13th, 2004, 06:20 AM   #477
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
97, 100, 61, 166 are all very frequent loh. Next time you see how often 10 is then come back to me.
Aiyah take 30 or 143 then walk a bit lah.........
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:22 AM   #478
ignoramus

I HATE 10. Everytime I arrive at 7.05 10 comes. And once I accidentally boarded it thinking it was 100. So paiseh. Was reading something what so blur blur.

100 all those services is frequent occasionally, but they LOVE to come all at once, so when I miss one I miss all.
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:23 AM   #479
ignoramus

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystan03
Aiyah take 30 or 143 then walk a bit lah.........
No way. Its walk A LOT LOR. Must walk past that abandoned ITE Pasir Panjang/Telok Blangah in that huge construction site under the viaduct.
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:24 AM   #480
ignoramus

If I am late I just take a cab. 3.00 more or less to school from HarbourFront Station.

13.00 or so if I take from home, Yishun.

8.00 or so if I take from Bishan Station.

Tags
metro, mrt, singapore