daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 23rd, 2004, 05:21 AM   #641
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignoramus
I didn't type that haha.......I cut and paste from the website. You actually tot I typed that, what an honour.
Chey......I thought you got some insider info or something........
babystan03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2004, 05:22 AM   #642
ignoramus

Likes (Received): 4

That means that anyone who is going to Sentosa please take shots. Construction has already started for quite some time and it would be cool is a nerdish way to see pylons being constructed on the bridge.
ignoramus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2004, 05:29 AM   #643
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
That means that anyone who is going to Sentosa please take shots. Construction has already started for quite some time and it would be cool is a nerdish way to see pylons being constructed on the bridge.
Aiya when you got free time, go take it loh......(and know some babes at the beach playing beach volley ball..... ).......
Old November 23rd, 2004, 05:39 AM   #644
ignoramus

aiya i not free now. exams still. 2 more papers. one paper tomorrow and on fri. need to read my book soon. then after exams so many things to do and no time. really no time. and plus i returned the camera to a friend. i really did to get my own camera. you so free you take if got time lor. haha. so much marking meh? or planning for your first car purchase and family already? 26 26 26 time is ticking.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 05:48 AM   #645
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
aiya i not free now. exams still. 2 more papers. one paper tomorrow and on fri. need to read my book soon. then after exams so many things to do and no time. really no time. and plus i returned the camera to a friend. i really did to get my own camera. you so free you take if got time lor. haha. so much marking meh? or planning for your first car purchase and family already? 26 26 26 time is ticking.
Who says must buy car and get married b4 30??

No lah.....not free to go there leh.....quite a lot of admin stuff to do.......
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:14 AM   #646
ignoramus

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystan03
Who says must buy car and get married b4 30??

No lah.....not free to go there leh.....quite a lot of admin stuff to do.......
haha. As with what some arses like to say ''Own Time Own Target''. No rush. Not important.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:29 AM   #647
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
haha. As with what some arses like to say ''Own Time Own Target''. No rush. Not important.
I hope they would take own time own target to finish the sentosa express.............when is it opening??
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:31 AM   #648
ignoramus

Quote:
I hope they would take own time own target to finish the sentosa express.............when is it opening??
Think 2006. sianz. so long.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:31 AM   #649
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Yeah right...I cant really sleep on those buses either......maybe coz I was too excited lah. I only did get to sleep on the way back, coz I was alone.

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
huaiwei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:35 AM   #650
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Think 2006. sianz. so long.
Hmm....i suppose they'll opening it in line with Vivocity.......
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:36 AM   #651
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huaiwei
Yeah right...I cant really sleep on those buses either......maybe coz I was too excited lah. I only did get to sleep on the way back, coz I was alone.
Very difficult to sleep lah......feel so vulnerable..........
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:39 AM   #652
huaiwei
The Monkey King

You guys got see the recent complaint letters against sentosa? One of which was the complains that the monorails were over-crowded, to which the Sentosa management tried to say that it will be solved with the new trains. Yeah rite. That complainant was trying to get form the terminal to underwater world. Since when does the new line go there??

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:43 AM   #653
ignoramus

Wah I can just feel the crowd reading that article.

On a lighter note, at least now I know how many Sentosa Monorail trains they have, 11! That info cannot be found anywhere on the net.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:55 AM   #654
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Quote:
Wah I can just feel the crowd reading that article.

On a lighter note, at least now I know how many Sentosa Monorail trains they have, 11! That info cannot be found anywhere on the net.
Huh? How you find out one?

Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:01 AM   #655
ignoramus

the sentosa spokeperson in the forum said that in the response to the complaints.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:47 AM   #656
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Quote:
the sentosa spokeperson in the forum said that in the response to the complaints.
Oh...I didnt even notice...I just felt they were thinking they can lie to the public.

Old November 23rd, 2004, 08:42 AM   #657
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Quote:
Very difficult to sleep lah......feel so vulnerable..........
Hahaha! You alone meh?

Old November 23rd, 2004, 11:55 AM   #658
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huaiwei
Hahaha! You alone meh?
Of course loh....My friend reside there (in KL) one mah...... But then again, I'm not very "alone" if you take into consideration that the bus was 100% full.......
Old November 24th, 2004, 05:42 AM   #659
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Just took the changi skytrain about an hour ago.......according to my stopwatch....the ride was a mere 62 secs.........
Old November 24th, 2004, 11:05 AM   #660
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Nov 23, 2004
Not feasible to build viaduct above CTE

I THANK Mr Lim Soon Heng for his letter, 'CTE traffic jams: Elevated carriageway will ease congestion' (ST, Nov 15). Mr Lim proposed constructing an elevated viaduct on top of the Central Expressway (CTE), which will work in a tidal manner - towards the city in the morning and towards Ang Mo Kio and Yio Chu Kang in the evening.

We have studied proposals to improve the traffic conditions along the CTE. As the CTE corridor is largely built up, any improvement proposals for the expressway would be constrained by the impact on existing developments.

We had previously studied a proposal to build elevated viaducts on top of the CTE between certain junctions. However, this would involve building structures and supporting columns that require extensive acquisition of private land.

In addition, as parts of the CTE in the city are underground, it may not be possible to provide an elevated viaduct into the city, as this may result in a bottleneck within the city tunnels. Due to traffic and safety considerations, it may not be feasible to build an elevated viaduct on top of the CTE.

I thank Mr Lim for his feedback and suggestion. We welcome readers to call 1800-CALL LTA (1800-2255 582) if they have other feedback or suggestions.

Han Liang Yuan (Ms)
Senior Manager
Corporate Communications
Land Transport Authority

Tags
metro, mrt, singapore