daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:21 AM   #81
mrtfreak

Likes (Received): 40

Things to look forward to this year would be:
The opening of the remainder of the main line Circle Line (12 new stations)
The opening of the additional platform at Jurong East station
New trains for the existing older lines
Improvements on selected bus routes (the ones identified by the Minister of Transport some time back)
mrtfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 2nd, 2011, 04:28 AM   #82
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 374

For me, I am definitely looking forward to the Jurong East Modification Project and the new trains that is coming with its opening. I would like to see what its interior would look like. Would it look like the C751A or the refurbished C151? I would also be looking forward to the opening of the remaining portion of the Circle Line as that way, I can avoid the CBD area.

Btw, if you can't see the images I posted, I have deleted them.
Mith252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #83
Mith252

This is some of pics from the Singapore Skyscraper Forum by 201911.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 201911 View Post
pics for CCL4, as promised

CC24 Kent Ridge

station exit 1. notice that the display for the station signage is already in place.

station exit 2. the surrounding area was a carpark but is now apparently being redeveloped, together with a block of NUH to the right (can't really see here).

CC23 One-north

station exit 1. looks almost ready, just that the station signage is not in place yet

close-up

station exit 2 @ Fusionopolis basement 2. some workers were drilling up the Fusionopolis tiles, probably to replace them to connect better to the station or sth

station exit 3, on the other side of Fusionopolis

CC22 Buona Vista

reinstated sheltered walkway and bus stop. there's a new CCL exit beside it

CCL transfer area under construction. still quite messy apparently

transfer area on the 2nd floor. the escalator on the left comes down from the EWL platform, linking to the glass structure on the right (in the background). taken from above the Buona Vista xchange, which is still quite deserted now

CC21 Holland Village

station exit 1

station exit 3, with the other one visible behind (the numbering is arbitrarily determined by me, just to differentiate between the exits, and is not official)

CC20 Farrer Road

station exit 1. Farrer Rd should be more or less complete already, as shown from the video linked by mrtfreak some time ago

station exit 2. notice the bollards installed in front of it, which isn't too surprising considering how it is just next to the road

CC19 Botanic Gardens

aerial view of construction site. some sort of plaza has been built just outside the station exit, to make it blend in more with the park i guess...

lift shaft, cladded in brown, and station exit to the left. compared to the other stations, this one looks really special, and should be more crowded on CCL discovery

even the columns for the overhead bridge are more unique, as pointed out some time back

poster outside DTL worksite, with the travel times between stations

CC18 Bukit Brown

construction for a National Equestrian Park is going on nearby. wonder if this would bring in the crowds needed to justify the existence of a station here

abandoned temporary barriers along the road

ventilation shafts

CC17 Caldecott

new signboard for Toa Payoh Rise widening project beside existing one for C854, along Thomson Rd

area for road to be widened. don't know why the kerb of the 2-lane road was built when it would only be demolished soon

station exit

more pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/tansongk...eLineMRTStage4

Old January 9th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #84
Vrooms
threeyearson.

Likes (Received): 1423

Some stations along the Circle-Line:

STADIUM MRT-Station
image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4125/...76165ff6_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/...35a77840_b.jpg

BRAS-BASAH MRT-Station
image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/...bfe65971_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/...af48bea3_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4110/...dff3ff82_b.jpg
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #85
Mith252

Here are pics taken by TIB1224Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIB1224Y View Post

ISO400 1/500 f11 210mm, Center Weighted Avg, ev -0.3.
83M 345F

There are few spots in Singapore where you can see the whole of a rolling stock, and this location is highly recommended...

Old January 12th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #86
littlearea

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
4 new MRT stations for East-West line reaching Tuas
By Maria Almenoar

FOUR new MRT stations will be built on the East-West line, extending the rail system's reach into the Tuas industrial estate.

This new rail project is estimated to cost $3.5 billion and will include the cost of the new stations, a new depot, 13 new trains and a viaduct running parallel to the train line.

When completed in 2016, the new 7.5km extension is expected to cater to 100,000 passengers daily.

The recent extension of Boon Lay to Joo Koon station now serves about 60,000 passengers daily.

From Joo Koon station, the line will extend further westwards to serve commuters heading to Tuas, Tuas Crescent, Tuas West and Tuas Link.

Trains will end their journey at the new 26ha depot, the fourth depot in Singapore. It will fit 60 trains, compared to Bishan's storage of 37 trains.
littlearea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #87
mrtfreak

Also announced along with the 4 new stations on the Tuas West Extension was that the 12 stations on the Circle Line will be opened by the 4th quarter of the year. 16 new trains will be bought for the Circle Line by 2015 as well.

Last night the operator SMRT received the first 4 coaches of 1 of the 22 new train sets. More are due tonight.
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:37 AM   #88
Mith252

Here is a newspaper article on the extension. I posted this in the Singapore forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith252 View Post

Old January 13th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #89
sandstorm6299
Previously in Singapore

Likes (Received): 33

Finally confirmed locations on the stations! The road and MRT viaducts by the "Tuas Crescent" station will be so delightfully intimidating.
sandstorm6299 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #90
Mith252

Haha, the station does look intimidating. It is quite a engineering challenge as it is technically on reclaimed land.

Old January 14th, 2011, 12:06 AM   #91
Mith252

Anyway, here are some pics of the buses in Singapore taken by BeNdYBuSLuver. I will be posting the pictures one post per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNdYBuSLuver View Post
Hi everyone

Time for me to share some photos here

SBS9459C serving route 14, taken at YMCA bus stop near Dhoby Ghaut

Old January 14th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #92
deskoh91
Land Transport Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 32

thank you Mith252 for regularly updating this thread with info from SSC Singapore! I know I wont be able to do it. it should give visitors a good preview and hopefully attract them to our section.

personally I am looking forward to clear renders of the four new stations along the Tuas West Extension. the design of Tuas Crescent station as I see them on the papers actually looks a little unflattering. I am of the opinion it deserves an iconic design considering it is the highest elevated station in singapore built 12 metres on top of a 8 metres road viaduct.. but I dont want to pass a judgment till I see a clear render.
deskoh91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 03:23 AM   #93
Mith252

Well, hopefully, LTA will update their renderings on their website. Anyway, in 2 weeks time, I am starting my attachment. So, I may not be able to update this thread as often.

Old January 14th, 2011, 04:01 AM   #94
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 189

New trainsets for Singapore

China CSR Corp. Exports Metro Vehicles to Singapore
Posted on: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 06:05:52 EST

Symbols: KWHIY
SHANGHAI, Jan 06, 2011 (SinoCast Daily Business Beat via COMTEX) --
China's CSR Corporation Limited (SHSE: 601766, SEHK: 1766), a major‎ railway transportation equipment manufacturer in the country, announces that the Model A metro vehicles for exports to Singapore are loaded on vessels in Qingdao.
Upon a contract, CSR Corporation will join forces with Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. to export 132 metro vehicles to Singapore and contracted value comes to around CNY 1.66 billion.
The metro train, with four electric multiple units (EMUs) and two trailers, is manufactured by CSR Qingdao Sifang Co., Ltd. and its maximum passenger capacity is 2138 people.
CSR Qingdao Sifang Co. is the high-speed EMU manufacturing base and a major urban rail track vehicle researcher and developer in China. The metro trains Sifang produced are running on over ten lines in the cities like Beijing, Guangzhou, Tianjin, Shenyang and Chengdu.
CSR Corporation general manager Zhao Xiaogang days ago said that the company clinched a partnership agreement with the Tianjin municipal government to build an industrial park in the city, focusing on the development of rail track transportation equipment manufacturing and new energy industry.

Source:http://www.tradingmarkets.com/news/s...e-1405845.html
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 04:17 AM   #95
Mith252

Some of the train sets have arrived. This picture was posted by AzMean 2 days ago who works in the company receiving the sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzMean View Post
here is the new rolling stock. Just arrived yesterday night (4 cars of it). If you want, you can catch the transportation of the rest of the cars tonight from 10pm - 6am (Most prolly at midnite).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old January 14th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #96
mrtfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deskoh91 View Post
thank you Mith252 for regularly updating this thread with info from SSC Singapore! I know I wont be able to do it. it should give visitors a good preview and hopefully attract them to our section.

personally I am looking forward to clear renders of the four new stations along the Tuas West Extension. the design of Tuas Crescent station as I see them on the papers actually looks a little unflattering. I am of the opinion it deserves an iconic design considering it is the highest elevated station in singapore built 12 metres on top of a 8 metres road viaduct.. but I dont want to pass a judgment till I see a clear render.
Tuas station will be the highest actually, not Tuas Crescent if the old schematic diagrams are still correct.

Old January 14th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #97
Mith252

Once again, thank you for your contribution to this thread. That is an interesting diagram you have there. From it, you can definitely say that Tuas station is the highest among the 4. Has it got to do with possible branch to Tuas South?

Old January 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #98
Mith252

Some renderings of the Tuas West extension stations posted my mrtfreak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtfreak View Post
Some interesting things from the articles showing the station renders...

Tuas Link - the pedestrian bridge access from across the road will go over the tracks, like Sapperton station in Vancouver. So it will be L1 - main concourse & exits, L2 - platforms, L3 - link bridge.

Tuas station seems to have a blue colour scheme, can't see if it has provisions for future cross-platform transfer as seen in the old documents.

Tuas West station seems to have a yellow/orange colour scheme. I'm guessing it will be similar to Joo Koon's orange-brown.

ETA: MOT (Ministry Of Transport) is being very kind... They have clear pictures of the stations on their website. To whet your appetite...

Tuas Crescent

image hosted on flickr

Interior shot.

Tuas

image hosted on flickr

Looks very Bangkok-Siam station-esque now that we can see it clearer... Note the viaduct stretching to the left... It seems double leveled... And so it seems we will have an elevated stacked platform.

Tuas West

image hosted on flickr

Exterior shot, Interior shot.

Old January 14th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #99
mrtfreak

Quote:
Once again, thank you for your contribution to this thread. That is an interesting diagram you have there. From it, you can definitely say that Tuas station is the highest among the 4. Has it got to do with possible branch to Tuas South?
Hey, you're the one who's been doing the most around here. So thank you. You're welcome, just some of the random stuff that I have around stored somewhere. Now that we've seen the render of the Tuas station, I'll have to guess that it probably is due to the Tuas South Extension should it materialise. Plans may have changed though, from 2 level platforms to stacked, we don't know.
Old January 14th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #100
BeNdYBuSLuver

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Haha, the station does look intimidating. It is quite a engineering challenge as it is technically on reclaimed land.
And the Tuas Link station is just next to the sea, should be the first ever MRT Station located very near to the sea.
BeNdYBuSLuver no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, singapore