daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 18th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #1
acc521
Do you expect me to talk?

Likes (Received): 450

acc521 in Edinburgh: 2-3 April 2010

Blog updated with Edinburgh pics. There's 173 of them so be warned!

http://citylane.blogspot.com/2010/04...pril-2010.html

acc521 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #2
Comfortably Numb
Goddess of Winter

Likes (Received): 309

Absolutely stunning photos (I saw them all on your site by clicking on the link you provided in the first thread).

How did you like Edinburgh? Even though I am originally from the UK, it is probably the biggest city that I never got to see (which I regret). It looks absolutely "off the scale" beautiful. How were the people and how was eating out there?
Comfortably Numb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 03:45 AM   #3
acc521
Do you expect me to talk?

Likes (Received): 450

I really liked Edinburgh. People always go on about how much they love the place and I must say it's one of the few places I've been to that lives up to the hype. The city has a really great vibe, a beautiful number of old buildings and so much natural beauty and diversity.

I wouldn't say that it is a food city, but they finally seem to be catching onto the idea that, being a coastal city with fresh seafood, they should focus on it. I had a really good wood fired pizza one night. I actually tried deep fried haggis which... well it didn't suck but I wouldn't be running out to eat it again lol.
acc521 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 05:21 AM   #4
Comfortably Numb
Goddess of Winter

Likes (Received): 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by acc521 View Post
I really liked Edinburgh. People always go on about how much they love the place and I must say it's one of the few places I've been to that lives up to the hype. The city has a really great vibe, a beautiful number of old buildings and so much natural beauty and diversity.

I wouldn't say that it is a food city, but they finally seem to be catching onto the idea that, being a coastal city with fresh seafood, they should focus on it. I had a really good wood fired pizza one night. I actually tried deep fried haggis which... well it didn't suck but I wouldn't be running out to eat it again lol.
Haggis is delicious! It's good, hearty food....fitting for the climate in Scotland.

Edinburgh certainly is hyped, but your pics also prove that it is more than worthy of the hype. It's a very unique looking city, with tons of history. I'm sure it's one of those places where there's a photo opportunity on every corner. Also, the haunted aspect of it would make me want to visit.

Next time you're up that way, check out Glasgow. I've been there a couple of times and really liked it. You'll probably find it very different to Edinburgh, despite the 2 cities being so close together. Glasgow was certainly gritty, but it had its charm.
Comfortably Numb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:31 PM   #5
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244600

Amazing, very nice phtos from Edinburgh, well done
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #6
Munichpictures1970

Likes (Received): 217

Very nice pictures!