daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:20 AM   #221
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19362

Budziska ?

image hosted on flickr
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:45 AM   #222
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Designer didn't know what to put on the signs, called GDDKiA and asked: "Where does this road lead to?" -"To Budzisko" (pol. "Do Budziska") - "Thx"

But because he was very tired hid didn't change it to Budzisko and that's why we have Budziska on signs
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:59 AM   #223
Pher
Ja tu tylko sprzątam...

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
image hosted on flickr
I am really surprised about the trams in Warsaw. Do all the trams are old?
The funny thing is that tram is used as a tourist attraction in Wrocław or eventually a reserve tram. All the old-models are succesfully replaced by those:

What's the situation in Warsaw? I haven't been there for a long time. Are there modern trams?
Pher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:22 PM   #224
Fuzzy Llama
Puszysty samiec lamy.

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pher View Post
I am really surprised about the trams in Warsaw. Do all the trams are old?
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramwaje_warszawskie#Tabor

In a few years Warsaw will get 186 Pesa 120Na trams, which will replace all of the Konstal 13Ns (the one on the picture).

Personally I must admit that I love those 13N trams. They may be noisy and old, but they are ubercool and uberpretty. And since majority of them is kept in a good technical condition (not like in Wrocław ), the ride is comfortable enough.

Quote:
All the old-models are succesfully replaced by those:
Yeah, it looks pretty and all, but right now you have like 17 of those

Last edited by Fuzzy Llama; May 3rd, 2010 at 12:31 PM.
Fuzzy Llama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:37 PM   #225
Pher
Ja tu tylko sprzątam...

Likes (Received): 2

and only 8 of 102n, which is comparable to 12n, not 240 like in Warsaw. Yeah, the 102/12 are really different than other, but personally I don't like Konstal trams
Pher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:52 PM   #226
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
Did you expect this?

Probably. 90% of people in the west think Poland look like in this photograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Llama View Post
In a few years Warsaw will get 186 Pesa 120Na trams, which will replace all of the Konstal 13Ns (the one on the picture).

New trams will be for Euro 2012.

Last edited by Blaskovitz; May 3rd, 2010 at 01:57 PM.
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:38 PM   #227
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaskovitz View Post
Probably. 90% of people in the west think Poland look like in this photograph.
I once told my colleague I visited Poland several times and wanted to go again. He couldn't imagine it that people went to "such a country" just for pleasure. "It's all gray, deteriorated and poor", he thought.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:25 PM   #228
Maks33

Likes (Received): 870

Excellent photos!
I saw known for me Polish motorway A2, where I travelled by bus in November, 2007.
The quality of motorway is excellent too!
Maks33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:28 PM   #229
j-cube
czekajac na S7

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maks33 View Post
Excellent photos!
I saw known for me Polish motorway A2, where I travelled by bus in November, 2007.
The quality of motorway is excellent too!
Before Euro 2012 A2 will be from DE/PL border to Nowy Tomyśl - where it starts and goes through Poznań to Łódź - there will be interchange with A1 (Gdańsk - PL/Cz border) and from Łódź to Warsaw it starts to be build in this year and will be ready on april 2012. Then from interchange Konotopa (small village near Warsaw) there will be 2 freeways S8 & S2 (south Warsaw bypass). S8 will go through Warsaw and then will be connected to existing 40 km S8 in Radzymin.

S8 will go next from Wyszków to Zambrów - which S8 bypass is built (05 2012) and later you went by DK 61 - which will be Via Baltica from Ostrów Mazowiecka to Augustów and later to PL/ LT border in Budzisko.

So in couple of years road from german border to Vilnus will be only motorways and freeways - all 2x2 minimum.
j-cube no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:51 PM   #230
Blaskovitz

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I once told my colleague I visited Poland several times and wanted to go again. He couldn't imagine it that people went to "such a country" just for pleasure. "It's all gray, deteriorated and poor", he thought.
Two or three years ago I talked with guy from Denmark and he was schocked and he say "Really?! Do have internet in Poland?!" and next ask me "how long you stay in queue for bread?"...

I can not understand these people, where do they have such ideas?
Some people are really weird and think god knows what. Poland is a normal country and that's it.
Blaskovitz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:20 PM   #231
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-cube View Post
Before Euro 2012 A2 will be from DE/PL border to Nowy Tomyśl - where it starts and goes through Poznań to Łódź - there will be interchange with A1 (Gdańsk - PL/Cz border) and from Łódź to Warsaw it starts to be build in this year and will be ready on april 2012. Then from interchange Konotopa (small village near Warsaw) there will be 2 freeways S8 & S2 (south Warsaw bypass). S8 will go through Warsaw and then will be connected to existing 40 km S8 in Radzymin.

S8 will go next from Wyszków to Zambrów - which S8 bypass is built (05 2012) and later you went by DK 61 - which will be Via Baltica from Ostrów Mazowiecka to Augustów and later to PL/ LT border in Budzisko.

So in couple of years road from german border to Vilnus will be only motorways and freeways - all 2x2 minimum.
I really wait for this day. Driving through Poland has been a headache for years, but seemingly not for too long anymore.
Pansori está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:23 PM   #232
Maks33

Likes (Received): 870

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-cube View Post

I know the western part of A2 is now under construction. And bypass of Mińsk Mazowiecki is under construction too. I hope A2 from German border to Warsaw will be built till Euro 2012.
Maks33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:36 PM   #233
Elvenking

Likes (Received): 2565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaskovitz View Post
Two or three years ago I talked with guy from Denmark and he was schocked and he say "Really?! Do have internet in Poland?!" and next ask me "how long you stay in queue for bread?"...

I can not understand these people, where do they have such ideas?
Some people are really weird and think god knows what. Poland is a normal country and that's it.
What? I didn't know that educational system in the West was so poor...
Elvenking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:48 PM   #234
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Do you think they teach you modern day Poland in school? They only know stuff that they see on the news - and let's face it, it's usually bad news when it's on the news.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:05 PM   #235
Fuzzy Llama
Puszysty samiec lamy.

Likes (Received): 8

Come on guys, they do not teach anything modern in schools. I consider myself pretty 'world-aware', but I felt like a total ignorant when I browsed through some pictures from Teheran or Islamabad here on SSC. My parents, who both are well educated, were terrified when I told them I was planning a mountain trek in Romanian mountains next summer. Typical Polish stereotype about the Netherlands is "they all do nothing except smoking pot and killing grannies there". Ignorants are present in about every country in the world and you shoudn't be shocked about it.

Nevertheless, to be back on topic - Pansori, how do you find driving a RHD car on regular 1x2 road? Is it comfortable enough for long, trans-european roadtrips?
Fuzzy Llama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:13 PM   #236
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Llama View Post
Nevertheless, to be back on topic - Pansori, how do you find driving a RHD car on regular 1x2 road? Is it comfortable enough for long, trans-european roadtrips?
I wasn't the driver
Bleetz was the driver so perhaps he could tell more. However from what I saw it was allright. It's not a problem at al to drive on a motorway but on a 1x2 road it's more complicated. However I was assisting in all difficult situations so I guess it was ok as well. Traffic also didn't seem too busy so it helped as well.
Pansori está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:43 PM   #237
Elvenking

Likes (Received): 2565

Did you encounter situations like this?

Elvenking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:51 PM   #238
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 790

Lmao!! "What a dick" haha wow bad driving is everywhere I guess.
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:54 PM   #239
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Likes (Received): 329

I did, when crazy russian truck driver decided to overtake me, when I wanted to overtake a truck before me. I was speechless. Action took somewhere between Augustow and Grajewo on DK61.
Xmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #240
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvenking View Post
Did you encounter situations like this?

Horrible and dangerous!
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, belgium, france, lithuania, motorway, roadtrip, united kingdom