daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 9th, 2016, 10:54 PM   #7041
StrongIsland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 717
Likes (Received): 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1066 View Post
It looks like those signs are temporary.
They are. 3 WTC will have to be added on in the next year and a half or 2 when it opens as well as the mall and eventually 2 WTC.
StrongIsland no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2016, 12:24 AM   #7042
DavidNYC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 109
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIsland View Post
They are. 3 WTC will have to be added on in the next year and a half or 2 when it opens as well as the mall and eventually 2 WTC.
Also, access to Fulton St, the R and E train...
DavidNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 06:20 PM   #7043
AndyMEng
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 51
Likes (Received): 52


http://i.lvme.me/ct6ozc1.jpg

The catwalks look beautiful!

http://www.earthcam.net/archives/06c...03/10/1115.jpg
AndyMEng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 10:58 PM   #7044
eaw3c1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
Likes (Received): 1

I also heard that Fulton Center access is going to be open by the middle of April at least that is what the security guard over there said. You can see in the South Concourse where the entrance to 3 will be. The white pillars do not go to the ground.
eaw3c1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 10:59 PM   #7045
spectre000
Moderator
 
spectre000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 7,906
Likes (Received): 5171

Someone's really trying to rack up a lot of "Reported Posts" for OT non-sense.

Carry on.
__________________

Msradell, Joshua Dodd liked this post
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 07:33 AM   #7046
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!
 
Oasis-Bangkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 15,717
Likes (Received): 50818



oculus by norland cruz, on Flickr
__________________
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 10:35 AM   #7047
robbie42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 128
Likes (Received): 364

How weird is this...

I was looking for interesting angles & saw this in the viewfinder.

__________________

АмУх, Nexis, storms991 liked this post
robbie42 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 10:36 AM   #7048
robbie42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 128
Likes (Received): 364

For a second, I thought this was a protest

__________________

АмУх, bodegavendetta liked this post
robbie42 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 10:40 AM   #7049
robbie42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 128
Likes (Received): 364

dirt?!?! on my new white floor!???!?!




and 1 of at least 2 cracked tiles

robbie42 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 01:32 PM   #7050
milkado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 4

Nice.
milkado no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 05:22 PM   #7051
uakoops
Sidewalk Superintendent
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 648
Likes (Received): 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie42 View Post
It's all us SSC posters taking pictures of the ceiling
uakoops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 08:03 PM   #7052
krokkel
Registered User
 
krokkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,639
Likes (Received): 1038

Could have been foreseen: foam on the floor instead of marble
krokkel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 11:28 PM   #7053
Msradell
Always looking up
 
Msradell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 1,772
Likes (Received): 209

While some of those people laying on the floor are taking pictures of the ceiling (I wonder where security is?) it seems like the majority of them are just sitting around. The leasing think every night they had some type of seating the people didn't have to sit on the floor! You certainly don't see that happening in airports or large train stations on a regular basis.
__________________
"Written using Dragon Naturally Speaking"
I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
Msradell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 11:41 PM   #7054
АмУх
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 416
Likes (Received): 670


It look like freshly invented kind of joy for youngsters.
They have fun sitting on the floor and I have fun watching them
АмУх no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 11:52 PM   #7055
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 21,503

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie42 View Post
dirt?!?! on my new white floor!???!?!
All floors will get dirty. Black, white, or grey granite will show the same amount of dirt

The alternative is airport-style carpeting or linoleum tiles, and those suck
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2016, 12:06 AM   #7056
DavidNYC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 109
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
While some of those people laying on the floor are taking pictures of the ceiling (I wonder where security is?) it seems like the majority of them are just sitting around. The leasing think every night they had some type of seating the people didn't have to sit on the floor! You certainly don't see that happening in airports or large train stations on a regular basis.
It's new, and really doesnt have much traffic yet due to limited to connections with subways, other exits. Once its fully completed and connected, I doubt there will be much floor sitting permitted. I wonder if there will be some seating in the area. Since it's a shopping mall, I would expect some.
DavidNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2016, 07:35 AM   #7057
robbie42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 128
Likes (Received): 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
All floors will get dirty. Black, white, or grey granite will show the same amount of dirt

The alternative is airport-style carpeting or linoleum tiles, and those suck
They dust-mop the floor like every 5 minutes. My guess is they cleaned this within a few minutes after I took the pic.
robbie42 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2016, 07:36 AM   #7058
robbie42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 128
Likes (Received): 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNYC View Post
It's new, and really doesnt have much traffic yet due to limited to connections with subways, other exits. Once its fully completed and connected, I doubt there will be much floor sitting permitted. I wonder if there will be some seating in the area. Since it's a shopping mall, I would expect some.
Also, I took the pic on a Sunday.
robbie42 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2016, 01:41 PM   #7059
boss-ton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 370
Likes (Received): 185

Wow real pictures of this is shocking. Its one thing to see the renders but this really came out incredible. I cant think of a better way to say **** you to the terrorists than to turn a tragedy into something beautiful like this. This just shows if you **** with us and destroy our cities we will rebuild them 100x greater than they were before. They should send these pictures to Guantanamo.
boss-ton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2016, 07:56 PM   #7060
msl1
msl
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 195
Likes (Received): 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-ton View Post
Wow real pictures of this is shocking. Its one thing to see the renders but this really came out incredible. I cant think of a better way to say **** you to the terrorists than to turn a tragedy into something beautiful like this. This just shows if you **** with us and destroy our cities we will rebuild them 100x greater than they were before. They should send these pictures to Guantanamo.
Yes, the building is beautiful, but this doesn't seem to be the right attitude. To me this building says grace, elegance, balance and calm - something which I hope inspires the people and their attitudes to dealing with past atrocities. To be the bigger person, act with integrity and quietly improve for all.
msl1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
port authority, santiago calatrava, world trade center, wtc

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu