daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 26th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #1541
oli83

Likes (Received): 1000

Yes, that's a good perspective from there.. looks higher from there than from above. So who knows how the current height of T3?
oli83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #1542
325ccr

Likes (Received): 82

2 of the AC500's telescopic sections reach to 108.9 feet at a 14 degree angle. Judging from the KPI cam it doesn't look like he has the sections completely extended and the mast is still well above it. I'd say the Favco mast is about 130-140' tall
325ccr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #1543
325ccr

West side Favco has started taking up some more of the slider rails
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #1544
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

I misunderstood the information, overall height of crane (maximum boom angle included) will be 250'.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #1545
Beber

Likes (Received): 1493

So, west side Favco is almost done. One more flying stairs section and it'll be on its way out, to be replaced by another brand new and blue 1280.

Boom sections are getting in, and guess what, they're blue.

There's still some rebar on the east side, even though pretty much everything was poured. We'll see where it'll go.

On the WFC side, the LTM1350 (?) changed side, and I guess it'll be working on the underground access. By the way, I'm wondering about the WFC entrance, which, AFAIK, will look like that nice box. However, they seem to put a lot of effort making the roof not rectangular at all (same with the footing and that weird intermediate level). Did I miss a redesign, or is everything going on according to plan and that's just how they do it?

325ccr, can we expect some nice pics from you of that tall and big (and blue) 1280? Always nice to see things from a ground level angle.

And while I'm here, does anyone know what those are? Those things have been bothering me ever since they've been here.
Beber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #1546
oli83

Likes (Received): 1000

I cannot answer all of your questions, but the WFC entrance is going to look like shown below, I guess you have an old rendering. And the LTM1350 is going to remove damaged equipment from the museum (as discussed in the memorial thread http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...144445&page=85)

Don't you think the west side Favco will stay a little bit for the rest of the rebar?

from http://www.worldfinancialcenter.com/renovation-updates
oli83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #1547
Beber

That was a nice and fast answer, thanks. I don't usually check the museum thread, but it's about to change. And the rendering I found for the WFC entrance indeed looks outdated, but what's strange is that I found it on the WFC website (same as yours).

And they don't need the Favco to move the rebar, they can use one of the billions little Link Belt they have on site to do it, like they did on the east side. I'm just guessing here, but if Skanska takes over the site next week, they might not want that 760 to stay here too long.
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #1548
325ccr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beber View Post
So, west side Favco is almost done. One more flying stairs section and it'll be on its way out, to be replaced by another brand new and blue 1280.

Boom sections are getting in, and guess what, they're blue.

There's still some rebar on the east side, even though pretty much everything was poured. We'll see where it'll go.

On the WFC side, the LTM1350 (?) changed side, and I guess it'll be working on the underground access. By the way, I'm wondering about the WFC entrance, which, AFAIK, will look like that nice box. However, they seem to put a lot of effort making the roof not rectangular at all (same with the footing and that weird intermediate level). Did I miss a redesign, or is everything going on according to plan and that's just how they do it?

325ccr, can we expect some nice pics from you of that tall and big (and blue) 1280? Always nice to see things from a ground level angle.

And while I'm here, does anyone know what those are? Those things have been bothering me ever since they've been here.
Yep I will get tons of pics. Actually would like to go down there tomorrow but can't make it before it gets dark out so maybe Sunday, but I am almost positive they will have the boom on then (I would like some pics right before they add the boom)

Looks like they lowered some of the counter weights into the Oculus. Hopefully we see the split machinery deck added today and part of the boom have arrived.

For those wondering what it will look like completed here I a shot I took of Lomma's 1280 in 2009
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #1549
Swiddle

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Me too, and I have been meaning to ask the same question for days now. It's interesting that they are about the same size as the tree planters next to 3WTC, but I can't imagine them having anything to do with planters. Whatever they are, surely they won't remain in those two locations.

Also, does anyone know what the little boxes are that are being formed next to some of the tree planters? Maybe benches or smaller planters?

[IMG]http://i48.************/5af4fd.png[/IMG]
Swiddle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #1550
325ccr

Also @ the WFC they swapped the LTM 1350 out for a LTM 1250
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #1551
Beber

Both cranes stopped working and EMT seems to be on site. Hope everything and everyone is all right down there, and it's just my eyes tricking me again.
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #1552
325ccr

Back at it today. Most of the boom is assembled and we should see the two parts of the machinery deck attached to the slew table. I will be in the area tonight so I will grab some photos
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #1553
thejacko5
SSC Addict

Likes (Received): 401

she is a bear
thejacko5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #1554
thejacko5
SSC Addict

see if there are any tags on her when you are down there. maybe skanska bought one. certainly matches their flag.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #1555
325ccr

If you go to this webcam http://www.video-monitoring.com/cons...itv/silver.htm and then go the 1 wtc side cam you can make out it's Skanska's. I never knew they owned something of this size
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #1556
thejacko5
SSC Addict

i wonder if the 14/15 guys have to stop for a breather going up those stairs.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #1557
Beber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325ccr View Post
I never knew they owned something of this size
Since thejacko5 reported that they were coming from Malaysia, I'm pretty sure they're actually brand new, and Skanska bought them for that job.
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #1558
thejacko5
SSC Addict

Quote:
Since thejacko5 reported that they were coming from Malaysia, I'm pretty sure they're actually brand new, and Skanska bought them for that job.
yeah, i believe that favco was bought by a malaysian company and they are built there now.
Old November 29th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #1559
Arctic howler

Likes (Received): 1

so when should we see the first arches be installed
Arctic howler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #1560
thejacko5
SSC Addict

i think we are lucky to see any oculus steel erected before christmas, but who knows.

Otie, do you have any information on the connection design for the oculus steel? Are we looking at all welded connections?

Once it gets colds the welding is going to become a nightmare. round the clock heating at minimum maybe around the clock welding.

Last edited by thejacko5; November 29th, 2012 at 02:50 AM.

Tags
port authority, santiago calatrava, world trade center, wtc