SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Indonesia Forum FAQ & Feedback

1M views 11K replies 543 participants last post by  prioritas 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
After your read this FAQ, please spend sometime to put your name down in our member registry. Everyone WELCOME! :)

Image Posting Related Question

How to post a picture?
For obvious space reason, this website does not allow you to put picture directly. So you need to 'host' the picture somewhere on the Internet first. You can post it inside your own website or I recommend http://www.imageshack.us. But you must make sure that your image host allow access from other website.

After you've the picture hosted, to post in within your message, just write the picture url within the
tag.

Is it possible to post image that already hosted in other website?
Most of the time: yes. Just right click with your mouse and choose something like 'copy image location' (NOT Copy Image). If that doesnt work, please read below how to do a screen capture. Flash file and PDF file require some special treatment too.

How to screen capture an image?
Press Prt-Screen and then open up your favorite image editing software. Create a new image as needed. Then click on Edit->Paste. Edit as needed. (thanks Yama!)

Or you can use a screen capture program. The good one will allow you specify which rectangular area to capture. Go to http://www.download.com and search there.

How to capture an image from Flash movie?
Follow above screen capturing steps.

How to capture an image from PDF file?
You can use above screen capturing tecnique. Or, most PDF file allows you to 'extract' the image.

Depending on the Acrobat Reader version you use, please use the "Select Image" tools. This tools usually reside within your Acrobat Reader tool bar or under the tools menu. After you choose this tool, just left click on the image and then right click to save it.

Forum Related Question

Shortly speaking, for general usage related question please refer to THIS FAQ for this forum manual.

What is this forum anyway?
Mainly about SkyScrapers in Indonesia and development in Indonesia. But we talk about many other Indonesia's stuff as well, like food, cars, chick. Just browse the main forum , or warteg sub forum for these stuff. :)

What is the rules for this forum?
We follow skyscrapercity.com rules and regulation.

Do I have to speak english?
Please do but you dont have too. Many visitor to this forum are not Indonesian. Plus by speaking in english you are spreading the word about Indonesia.

What 'sticky' and 'announcement] thread means?
Sticky is a thread that will always stay on top of thread list. Announcement thread will show up on all forum. Only those with special privilege can make a thread as sticky.

Ok. So what is a thread and sub forum. And please explain this sub forum sub-sub forum ?
A thread is a discussion. Like this FAQ, which is also a thread. Sub forum is simply a forum inside a forum.
Indonesian Forum is actually a sub-sub-sub-sub-forum. Currently, divided into these sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-forum:
- Indonesian Main Sub Forum : Pictures and skyscrapers discussion.
- Projects: Talk about projects and construction updates
- WarTeg: Talk About anything other than skyscrapers.
- Gado Gado : Talk about general discussion, chit chat, hobbie, interest

As you can see, the this sub(s)-forum is not organized yet. This happen due to a bug in the script. So for now, please try your best to post in the appropiate sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-forum: WarTeg or Projects. When the time comes, our moderator will move misplaced thread to appropiate sub(s)-forum.

What is a moderator?
To put it simple, somebody that have higher access that other user, somebody that act as maintainer of this forum.

Who is this forum moderator?
The Indonesian forum chief moderator is David-80, which will be assisted by GreyX, szehoong, Chad, and baqthier.
The Chief Co-mods of Asian Skyscraper Forums (ASF) are Chad and GreyX. Baqthier is our local super-mod and RafflesCity is our Admin.
A special credit for Jan, the owner of SkyScraperCity.

Indonesia Related Question

What is Indonesia?
Indonesia is Republic. Located between Australia and Asia Continent along the equator. Indonesia is a unique country since it consist of 17,508 islands,- 2000 years of tradition, 483 distinct cultures, and 232 million people (thx Alvin). Top 5 big islands are Java, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, Sumatra, Papua. You can open this thread to read more about Indonesia. Or here too see its old times picture

What is the largest city in Indonesia?
From largest to smaller: Jakarta (capital),Surabaya, Medan, Bandung ...

What is the tallest building in Indonesia?
Currently:
Jakarta - Wisma 46 - (250m and 48 floors) - the 2nd highest office building in the southern hemisphire after the Rialto Tower in Melbourne.
Tangerang - Amartapura I - (198m and 52 floors)
Surabaya - Hyatt Regency Surabaya - (25 floors)

Where can I get a list of Indonesia building?
There are website like SkyScraperPage and Emporis that have diagrams and statistic of Indonesian building. But the list is WAYYYYYYY outdated. Drop Indonesian forumners a line and we can help you :)

I heard many BAD new about Indonesia regarding racism, separatism etc, is that true?
Some is true, some is not. Most thing that you read in foreign media is a miconception of what Indonesia truly is. Remember: Media is a business that need something to sell.
Indonesia is DIFFERENT its JUST different. It is a country where high and low, safe and not safe, modern and old times mixed together. You need to be in Indonesia to completely understand it.

Jakarta Related Question

Info about Jakarta?
Jakarta is the capital of Indonesia. It's a capital, a province (headed by a governor), and a city (with 5 sub city headed by mayor) at the same time. 12 million residence. A city that never sleeps. Jakarta picture can be seen here and here.

Where is Jakarta?
Jakarta strategically located in Java island. About 1500 Km from Bali. 1000 Km from Singapore.

What is the highest building in Jakarta?
Currently Jakarta - Wisma 46 - (250m and 48 floors).
Which soon will be defeated by Ritz Carlton (327M) and Jakarta Tower (500+m). Another planned high rise is Signature Tower 75 floor, height unconfirmed.

What is soon the highest building in Jakarta?
Currently in development 'Jakarta Tower' which will become the highest tower in the world in 2009.

How many building there are in Jakarta?
Some website reporting 98. But that is wayyyyyy outdated.

Can you tell what what currently being constructed in Jakarta?
Visit this thread. There are heaps of development in Jakarta, with 2007 as its peak (currently).

Where is Jakarta CBD located?
Unlike any other city, Jakarta CBD is not centralized. The building are spread a long the main streets = money streets. But they can become one gigantic CBD in the future. Visit this thread and kuningan thread.

What public transportation available in Jakarta?
We have BRT (bus rapid transit), train, public bus, boats, taxi, motorcycle taxi :), bycicle taxi :), bajaj :) , bemo :) , rickshaw :) , horse cart :) . Under construction are monorail, subway, RRT (River Rapid Transit).

This FAQ is made by sanhen and edited/approved by David-80 as the Indonesian moderator. This FAQ is still under construction. :)

Last update, 13th of July 2005

See less See more
#45 ·
Can we use images from community webshot?? or other site with a lot of images inside it
Any suggestion to us how to use those broadcasted images in internet??
Bluesky, i answered here because this is the right place for Q/A. :)

If you use other images that not your pictures, state the source of the pictures. Especially if the pictures are copyright protected. If the Photographers of the pictures stated you need to ask for permission before posting his/her pictures, then you have to ask him/her first. This to avoid legal issue, which happened couple times ago.

cheers

#56 ·
HI...I'M new in here....
i was born on payakumbuh n grow on PAYAKUMBUH and PADANG,west sumatera. study on BANDUNG and work on JAKARTA...but now i was move in somewhere place out of Java n Sumatera...
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i will try post about jkt,bdg,pdg, pyk.....

#58 ·
David-80 said:
Ok, wait, im going to ask someone to fix it.

cheers
its not Fixed yet! I don't want to see
Karachi! I want to see Jakarta and I want to see it now!!

*breaking a skyscraper glass*
:bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep: :bleep:

:soapbox: