daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 8th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #301
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Likes (Received): 1601

KST Wielicka - Lipska (by Ziemniak-2 )

Urbanista1, geometarkv, kyah117, piotrus81 liked this post
Nowax no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #302
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Bonus

Conference & Congress Center ICE Krakow

JanVL, Urbanista1, geometarkv, Patryk, kyah117 and 2 others liked this post
Old June 23rd, 2014, 09:23 PM   #303
JanVL

Likes (Received): 82113

Krakow will start a public tender for a metro system in 2015/2016.

The cost should be 6-8 billion zloty (1.5-2 billion euro).

The lines will be 21km in total, of which 11km underground. 36 trains will operate the system.

In Warsaw, 1km of an underground line costed 680 mln zloty, while in Krakow it should be 380 mln zloty.

http://www.transport-publiczny.pl/wi...16-r-2605.html
Old June 23rd, 2014, 10:06 PM   #304
tunnel owl

Likes (Received): 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanVL View Post
Krakow will start a public tender for a metro system in 2015/2016.

The cost should be 6-8 billion zloty (1.5-2 billion euro).

The lines will be 21km in total, of which 11km underground. 36 trains will operate the system.
Great newsAre there any official maps with planned stations etc?
tunnel owl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 10:10 PM   #305
JanVL

Full red lines are above the ground, the short lines are underground in tunnels. Dots are the stations.

tunnel owl, Klausenburg, Urbanista1 liked this post
JanVL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 10:45 PM   #306
Klausenburg

Likes (Received): 3762

Would be interesting to have a comparizon between the tracÚ of metro and the tracÚ of the current tram lines (which I belive that have 2 undergraound stations). Anyway great project for Krakow! Is there any posibility of a metro project in Poznan, Wroclaw or Gdansk also?
Klausenburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 10:54 PM   #307
tunnel owl

Quote:

Full red lines are above the ground, the short lines are underground in tunnels. Dots are the stations.
Thanks. If it should be a real metro, I suppose it would be ideal to have something like VAL in France, Brescia or Copenhagen. A system with automatic train-operartion (GOA4). This can make infrastructure cheaper and it would be ideal for a "greenfield" project like this. Also the town of Cracow has the ideal size for a medium-capacity metro-project.

Kind regards
Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:09 PM   #308
UPR20

Likes (Received): 520

Wrocław has a metro project in a a planning stage as well. Poznań is concentrating on fast tram lines while Gdańsk id developing urban railways.

Klausenburg liked this post
UPR20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:10 PM   #309
JanVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klausenburg View Post
Would be interesting to have a comparizon between the tracÚ of metro and the tracÚ of the current tram lines (which I belive that have 2 undergraound stations).
Comparison of tram system and metro system:

You can somehow compare by looking at the old city. It is encircled by tram lines and the first metro line will cross it ( Stare Miasto on the map).

[IMG]http://i58.************/2qamlbo.png[/IMG]

Klausenburg, n20 liked this post
Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:20 PM   #310
JanVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klausenburg View Post
Anyway great project for Krakow! Is there any posibility of a metro project in Poznan, Wroclaw or Gdansk also?
That's indeed the answer I wanted to give too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR20 View Post
Wrocław has a metro project in a a planning stage as well. Poznań is concentrating on fast tram lines while Gdańsk id developing urban railways.
Wroclaw recommended metro system:

Gdansk is currently building a big metropolitan railway

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...29764&page=534

In Poznan, we concentrate on tram systems:

And U/C

Old June 24th, 2014, 06:54 AM   #311
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26132

Congratulations Krakow with metro! I have a question too - wouldn't so long to build metro line? I know how long was construction of metro station under Central station, which eventually become fast tram stop
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #312
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5287

The construction/boring technology is much more advanced since communist times. Also geomorphic conditions in Krakow are easier to work in than even Warsaw, hence the lower cost per km, so it should not experience any unexpected delays due to difficult underground conditions. I figure line should be ready by end of 2018 from what I have read, but I will defer to the experts on here.

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present

dimlys1994 liked this post
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2014, 07:07 PM   #313
tunnel owl

Quote:

In Poznan, we concentrate on tram systems:

And U/C

Is this the new tram-stop at Poznan central-station? Also the map shows an extension of line 12 to the south. Will it be similar designed as the PST or the recently opened section at the stadium (tunnel, viaduct).

With those extensions I wonder if it would be useful to have a tram-tunnel in Poznan-city center one day.

I remember projects for metro in Lodz and fast-tram in Szczecin. Is there any progress there? BTW, please excuse me for not using the polish connotation of the cities as my tabulator obviously hasn┤t polish language integrated.

Kind regards
Old June 24th, 2014, 08:47 PM   #314
JanVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnel owl View Post
Is this the new tram-stop at Poznan central-station?
No, this will be the stop under the Rondo Kaponiera, the main roundabout in the city. The stop of the station is the second picture after the map of Poznan.

Quote:
Also the map shows an extension of line 12 to the south. Will it be similar designed as the PST or the recently opened section at the stadium (tunnel, viaduct).
Which extension do you mean? The brown piece is the T2, which is at the moment a bus that is driving instead of a tram - though I think the tram was back there -. There is a map with all the planned extensions in Poznan, but I couldn't find it so quickly.

Quote:
With those extensions I wonder if it would be useful to have a tram-tunnel in Poznan-city center one day.
Maybe in a distant future, but at the moment it is not really needed. There is a plan for a new tram line in the center that will connect the Liberty Square with the Central Station, passing by the Stary Browar shopping center. At the moment, Poznan is concentrating on tram lines to the new settlements around Poznan.

There is also a plan for a Poznan metropolitan railway (with the red stops being the new ones proposed).

Quote:
I remember projects for metro in Lodz and fast-tram in Szczecin. Is there any progress there?
I don't think a metro in Lodz is realistic for a long time. They are investing a lot in a new railway station to revitalise part of the center.

The construction is ongoing in Szczecin

el_bartez

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...61558&page=251

Quote:
BTW, please excuse me for not using the polish connotation of the cities as my tabulator obviously hasn┤t polish language integrated.

Kind regards
You are excused .

kyah117, Urbanista1 liked this post
Old June 24th, 2014, 10:13 PM   #315
tunnel owl

Quote:
Which extension do you mean? The brown piece is the T2, which is at the moment a bus that is driving instead of a tram
Now I See, thanks.
Old June 24th, 2014, 10:25 PM   #316
JanVL

Quote:
Now I See, thanks.
Only saw now: the T2 was driving when the Junikowo tram line was renovated. The new station at the end is on the third picture after the map of the system .
Old June 25th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #317
Ramino

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:

Is there an S-Bahn-type regional rail in Krakow? There are a lot of stations on the (mainline) railway line on this map, and the route seems quite well laid out for traffic within the city.
Ramino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2014, 05:15 PM   #318
Nowax
Nowa Huta

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=150107

Finally commence the construction of the Urban Rapid Rail (SKA). The first route will go from Wieliczka, through the city center to the Krakow Airport (red line).

This year, the city government subsidize the construction of the Urban Rapid Rail stop at.Balicka street. For this purpose in the budget of the municipality has reserved 6.4 million zł. The investment is linked to the construction of the railway track for the SKA second section Mydlniki Krakow - Balice airport . Work started in February of this year. As part of this investment will build a station stops: Krakow Zaklik of Mydlniki (Street. Zaklik) and Krakow Krzyzowka ( Krzyzowka street.). Modernization will be covered by the existing bus stops - Krakow Lobzow and Krakow Balice.

Construction of new tracks along with stops allow the end of 2015 to start the first line of SKA from Wieliczka - Krakow Main - Balice Airport. The city is also preparing two further concepts train stops at the John Paul II Center and Bronowice, which are built on World Youth Day.

Krakow also wants to have a railway stops in Prądnik and Zlocien. This estate, which can be reached only by bus, there is no tram lines. High-speed rail is so for the residents of the desired investment. Until the planned stops are to be built car park P+R .

Due to World Youth Day, which will be held in Krakow in 2016, the priority for the city is to build a stop at the John Paul II Center (On the other hand, will be adjacent to a shopping mall Carrefour). Previously it was assumed that he created in Lagiewniki, at the intersection of Routes planned railway line Lagiewnicka to be established with the tram line. The city wants to build a route completed in 2026. - Expectations councilors and residents were such as to leave the bus "Lagiewniki" at the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy and build another at the John Paul II Center. The preliminary findings of the station that is sufficient distance to be able to operate both stops - says Łukasz Szewczyk, deputy director of the Department of Public Utilities of the City of Krakow.

In this year's city budget reserved 600.000 PLN for a concept stops at the John Paul II Center and Prądnik. The first of these is to be created in 2016 for World Youth Day.

City officials also expect that within two years will be to build a stop "Bronowice" near the overpass at Armi Krajowej street.. It would be located on the route SKA Balice-Wieliczka. This stop is also on the route of the planned SKA line Trzebinia - Krakow - Tarnow.
Plans for the development of the Urban Rapid Rail

The purpose of the construction of the Urban Rapid Rail is better access to Krakow from neighboring municipalities and outlying settlements. They have created three lines of SKA. Marshal Marek Sowa province announced that the government will launch Malopolska SKA lines, if only to be ready for the railway infrastructure.

At the end of next year is expected to create the first line of SKA from Wieliczka - Main Railway Station - Balice airport. Initially it is planned that the trains from Wieliczka to Balice will run during peak hours, every 20 minutes, but you will be able to increase the frequency to 15 minutes. The next planned lines are: Tunnel - Miechˇw - Krakow Batowice - Krakow Plaszow - Skawina. Faster travel on this route need new track connection. It was planned that the rise until 2016. It is not known whether all the conditions are met to start the project. The third line of SKA determined from Trzebinia - Krzeszowice - Krakow Main Square - Krakow Plaszow - Bochnia - Brzesko - Tarnow. Modernization of Krakow - Tarnow anticipated 2015 In contrast, repair of the tracks from Krakow towards Trzebina - 2016 .
(Google translator )

Klausenburg, Urbanista1, Ramino liked this post

Last edited by Nowax; July 2nd, 2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old June 27th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #319
Nowax
Nowa Huta

Reconstruction of the railway track Krakow Main Station - Krakow Balice Airport. (photos by sprenzynaKRK)

ko7, Urbanista1, Babenhausen SŘd, kyah117 liked this post
Old June 27th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #320
Nowax
Nowa Huta

New train station on Krakow Airport.

Tags
krakˇw