daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 9th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #1
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15931

CHENGDU | Poly International Tower | 320m | 1049 ft | Pro

Developer: Poly Real Estate

Sources:
http://cd.house.sina.com.cn/news/201...083813548.html
http://cd.polycn.com/news/info.asp?id=178
http://press.idoican.com.cn/detail/a...0100415141711/

The renders might be a preliminary design.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

TowerVerre:) liked this post

Last edited by z0rg; October 17th, 2011 at 02:00 PM.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #2
CoCoMilk

Likes (Received): 1131

Wow nice design, nice height, and nice city.

There has been a lot of skyscrapers being built in Chengdu, I think Xi'an and other inner-land cities will also get some in the following months :O
CoCoMilk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #3
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon

Likes (Received): 678

great design
> 同一个做夢
> 同一个中国
(同一个北京)(同一个上海)(同一个天津)(同一个广州)(同一个深圳)(同一个重庆)(同一个杭州)(同一个南京)(同一个沈陽)(同一个武汉)(同一个成都)(同一个長春)(同一个长沙)(同一个苏州)(同一个无锡)(同一个扬州)(同一个西安)(同一个吉林)(同一个青島)(同一个大连)(同一个厦门)(同一个潮州)(同一个高州)(同一个香港)(同一个澳門)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I LoVe ChInA
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #4
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

this article is mentioning the building, so it still seems to be a go, although we havnt heard much about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
190 meters, new commanding height in Chengdu
Updated: 2011-07-29
China Daily

It can be said that you can tell a city's progress by how many skyscrapers there are in the sky. This is certainly true in Chengdu, where new buildings are not only appearing constantly, but are also becoming increasingly higher.

In the 1950s and 60s, the three-storey-high Chengdu Department Store was one of the the city's most prominent landmarks.

In 1991, the 118-meter-high Shudu Mansion was constructed, though now it ranks about the city's 50th tallest skyscrapers. The mansion was the highest in west China and, for a long time, was considered the landmark of Chengdu by local residents.

In 1994, Sichuan Bank of China Tower, located at Luomashi, overtook the mansion as the highest building standing at160 meters.

From 2010, Chengdu's skyscrapers kept getting taller and taller. That year, the city saw the completion of Yanlord Plaza, 180 meters high; Aerospace Science and Technology Building, 176 meters high; and Fraser Executive Apartment, 170 meters high. Towards the end of the year, the 49-storey Hailrun Plaza broke the record for Chengdu's highest building at 190 meters.

118 METERS HIGH, SHUDU MASION, A LANDMARK IN CHENGDU FOR MORE THAN TEN YEARS.

For a long time, local residents thought of the Chengdu Department Store as the highest building in the city. Constructed in 1952, Chengdu Department Store, with only three storeys, was seen as a superstore. In the 1950s and 60s, the department store, boasting a superior location, was a landmark building in Chengdu. In 1986, it was renovated to five storeys, becoming a favorite shopping destination for local residents.

Since the 1990s, Chengdu has become enthusiastic about constructing high buildings. Many of the city's landmark buildings were built in those days. In 1991, Shudu Mansion became the city's first skyscraper, with 34 storeys and standing at 118 meters high. It remains a terrestrial reference to many local residents. In 1994, Sichuan Bank of China Tower overtook the mansion as the highest building at 160-meter high, and also became a landmark of the financial center at Luomashi. In 1998, Chuanxin Mansion was constructed to a record high of 138 meters on South Renmin Road, a new generation landmark office building of Chengdu. In the same year, First City Plaza was also constructed at Luomashi, one of the top-class office buildings in the city.

190 METERS HIGH, HAILRUN PLAZA: THE HIGHEST BUILDING

In 2000, Chengdu was uncertain whether to continue constructing tall buildings in high density. Its residential quarters were largely developed into multi-layers and low high-rise buildings. Only a few skyscrapers were constructed, largely as office buildings. In January 2006, Chengdu municipal government encouraged urban areas to construct 200 meters and 300 meters high buildings in high density.

To this end, 2006 was referred by many skyscraper fans as "the first year Chengdu had entered the era of skyscrapers."

Since then, constructing skyscrapers has become a trend in Chengdu, with higher buildings emerging year after year. In 2010, three skyscrapers were constructed; the 180-meter Yanlord Plaza, 176-meter Aerospace Science and Technology Building, and 170-meter Fraser Executive Apartment. Finally, the 190-meter Hailrun Plaza, totaling 49 storeys, became the highest skyscrpaer in the city.

Most recently, Hailrun Plaza has become the highest office building of Chengdu. It takes only 30 seconds to reach the top in an elevator. The building boasts panoramic views of the city, the Jinjiang River flows like white silk ribbon, and the undulating Longquan mountains are clearly visible in the far distance.

320 METERS HIGH, POLY INTERNATIONAL PLAZA: THE HIGHEST BUILDING OF CHENGDU IN PLANNING

Statistics show Chengdu has 11 skyscrapers higher than 150 meters. Most of them are office buildings, except for the 155-meter Shangri-la Hotel, the 170-meter Fraser Executive Apartment and 158-meter Hyatt Regency residential building, and Aerospace Science and Technology Building, partly a hotel. Chengdu is a 'tall' city, along with Chongqing, in Southwest China.

However, Chengdu is far from the being the 'tallest' city in China. The 190-meter Hailrun Plaza only ranks the 287th on the Chinese Skyscraper Billboard. According to China Skyscraper City Report of 2011, issued in June, Chengdu is the top 14th in China according to the total number of skyscrapers.

Regardless, Chengdu is widely deemed to have bright prospects in skyscraper construction. It sits at sixth on the list of potential skyscraper cities. Statistics show Chengdu has 12 skyscrapers under construction and 15 under plan. Chengdu is ranked sixth in the Skyscraper Potential City list, after Guangzhou and Tianjin, but ahead of Chongqing, Wuxi, Dalian and Wuhan.

The highest skyscraper under plan in Chengdu is the Poly International Plaza, expected to be 320 meters at Tianfu New Town. When completed, it will become the new landmark of the city. The Plaza will be used as an office building and hotel. Such a height will make the building the 20th highest out of China's existing skyscrapers. The city's other planned skyscrapers over 200 meters high include No. 1 building of Global Trade Plaza (280 meters), No.2 building of Global Trade Plaza (260 meters), main building of West China International Financial Center (260 meters), and Tower A of Financial Town (210 meters). The 211.85-meter China Resources Building has sealed the top in civil engineering construction. It will be completed next year to overtake other buildings as the highest in the city.

Top 10 skyscrapers of Chengdu NO.1, Hailrun Plaza, 190 meters

NO.2, Yanlord Plaza, 180 meters

NO.3, Aerospace Science and Technology Building, 176 meters

NO.4, Fraser Executive Apartment, 170.00 meters

NO.5, Huamin Empire Plaza, 163.00 meters

NO.6, Minxing Finance Mansion, 163.00 meters

NO.7, Sichuan Bank of China Tower, 160.00 meters

NO.8, Southwest China Petroleum Mansion, 160.00 meters

NO.9, Hyatt Regency, 158.00 meters

NO.10, Shangri-la Hotel, 155.00 meters

Seoul_Korea liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #5
lianli

Likes (Received): 93

really elegant and unique building
lianli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #6
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Alleged new design. No sources.

Old October 18th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #7
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

400米 !!!! would be amazing, great news ~
Old October 18th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #8
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Sounds like fan made bullshit, typical unreliable stuff made in those trollcracies where I pick most info from, where nobody bothers to credit sources for anything they post about.

Old October 18th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #9
CheeseTree
Daydreamer

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
400米 !!!! would be amazing, great news ~
yes, indeed, great news
CheeseTree no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 02:31 AM   #10
cristi767

Likes (Received): 2940

this building has an amazing design. I like when they come with something new, not the same design over and over, only with a few modifications.
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #11
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1029

Das tut, I was just saying Chengdu doesn't really have a lot of tall buildings, but I like the design of this one, and I hope it goes up quickly. It's a fairly big city, and it deserves to have a nice skyline.
aquaticko está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #12
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
成都市没有很多高楼,但是这个楼是很好看。我愿这楼兴建太快!
I totally agree, the city is clean compared to Chongqing and has much potential. it has a bigger airport, it is a bigger city and it's a central city in that region. I really hope the skyscraper boom that hit CHongqing will come to Chengdu as well and it looks like it will.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:10 AM   #13
CheeseTree
Daydreamer

Quote:
I totally agree, the city is clean compared to Chongqing and has much potential. it has a bigger airport, it is a bigger city and it's a central city in that region. I really hope the skyscraper boom that hit CHongqing will come to Chengdu as well and it looks like it will.
Thank you for saying this. and you are telling the truth
I was excited last Sunday when I walked by Poly as the constructors are working on it. Also, along that street, some other constructions are also being built. I think at least half of Chengdu's major projects are being built along that road within a certain area. If there is a boom in Chengdu, it will be starting from there.
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #14
CheeseTree
Daydreamer

Poly... there has to be a long long waiting ....
Old February 8th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #15
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseTree View Post
I was excited last Sunday when I walked by Poly as the constructors are working on it.
so does that mean it's on prep?
Old February 10th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #16
CheeseTree
Daydreamer

Quote:
so does that mean it's on prep?
Kind of... I read news today saying it will be starting finally. But most of people in Chengdu Up forum do not think so.

http://www.wccdaily.com.cn/epaper/hx...ent_420099.htm
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #17
S.T.Y AP

Likes (Received): 626

Both are good. But the second one seems like taller!
S.T.Y AP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 02:12 AM   #18
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Final design? 328m, 67 floors, by SOM.

http://www.gzrbs.com/product/html/?137.html

orange boy, CP11 liked this post
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #19
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

I like it

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #20
RockAss

Likes (Received): 2558

I hope it's that second one.. Does anyone know the exact location of it?
RockAss no está en línea   Reply With Quote