daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > Shopping Architecture

Shopping Architecture Properly credited photos of retail shops, department stores and shopping malls around the world.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 3rd, 2006, 06:29 AM   #221
CeC
hljd
 
CeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,213
Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerD21
It´s not McDonald´s, I know



The building was originally a public library. Now it is a BURGER KING restaurant on two floors.
Holy cow, what a disaster!
CeC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #222
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank
 
Don Pacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bucaramanga, Colombia
Posts: 13,788
Likes (Received): 7134

Tigre, Buenos Aires province, Argentina

[IMG]http://i2.************/v8loue.jpg[/IMG]



.
Don Pacho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 01:20 AM   #223
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank
 
Don Pacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bucaramanga, Colombia
Posts: 13,788
Likes (Received): 7134

Medellin, Colombia





.
Don Pacho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 01:37 AM   #224
Glova
Registered User
 
Glova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kraków
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 0

Mmm... McDonald's I'm lovin it
Glova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 05:39 PM   #225
MirageBistro
The airplane man
 
MirageBistro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: hello!
Posts: 392
Likes (Received): 1

MirageBistro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 11:38 PM   #226
Scotty Doctor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1
Likes (Received): 0

MCDonlads IMages Needed

Great MC Donalds Images from around the world. But I need your help. Do you have a MCDonalds in your town that has been built to match the surounding biuldings,Architecture Style. Not he white box with a clown but Architecture. Our city is having a MCDonalds built but we want it to blend in with early 1900 Architecture.




Bill
The Scotty Doctor
Scotty Doctor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 05:14 AM   #227
kub86
Twinkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle/Bellevue
Posts: 734
Likes (Received): 10

Whoa this is cool.

In my suburban town where my parents live, there's a mcdonalds with giant dinosaur statues out front. it has this "jungle" theme. I thought it's funny since it's in the middle of nowhere. I'll get pictures the next time i'm there.
kub86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 02:59 AM   #228
mateo2k6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 53
Likes (Received): 0

Mmmm I'd kill for some fries right now!! Haven't had McDonalds in months!

There are many restaurants here in Dublin:




^ There are 2 on that same street

mateo2k6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:04 AM   #229
mateo2k6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 53
Likes (Received): 0

More, around the rest of the country:







http://climate.gsfc.nasa.gov/~cahalan/Images/29cork.jpg
mateo2k6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #230
Bo B
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 1





MacDonald's in Bacolod City, Philippine Islands. Behind it is its main
competition named Jollibee. It is only in this particular City in the Philippine
Archipelago that MacDonald's has a bigger share of the market as Jollibee is
more popular in the rest of the country.



An older picture of MacDonald's Bacolod - Lacson St. before its renovation



A map of Metro Bacolod where this MacDonald's is located

Last edited by Bo B; April 30th, 2006 at 05:21 PM.
Bo B no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:17 PM   #231
Bo B
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey
McDonalds restaurants
Definition: Number of McDonalds restaurants.
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/foo_mcd_res#


1. United States 12,804 McDonald's restaurants
2. Japan 3,598 McDonald's restaurants
3. Canada 1,154 McDonald's restaurants
4. United Kingdom 1,115 McDonald's restaurants
5. Germany 1,091 McDonald's restaurants
6. France 857 McDonald's restaurants
7. Australia 701 McDonald's restaurants
8. Taiwan 338 McDonald's restaurants
9. China 326 McDonald's restaurants
10. Italy 290 McDonald's restaurants
11. Spain 276 McDonald's restaurants
12. Korea, South 243 McDonald's restaurants
13. Philippines 235 McDonald's restaurants
14. Sweden 227 McDonald's restaurants
15. Netherlands 205 McDonald's restaurants
16. Mexico 205 McDonald's restaurants
17. Poland 181 McDonald's restaurants
18. Hong Kong 177 McDonald's restaurants
19. New Zealand 149 McDonald's restaurants
20. Austria 148 McDonald's restaurants
21. Malaysia 139 McDonald's restaurants
22. Turkey 133 McDonald's restaurants
23. Singapore 121 McDonald's restaurants
24. Switzerland 119 McDonald's restaurants
25. Denmark 99 McDonald's restaurants
26. Finland 93 McDonald's restaurants
27. Portugal 91 McDonald's restaurants
28. Thailand 88 McDonald's restaurants
29. Hungary 76 McDonald's restaurants
30. Indonesia 75 McDonald's restaurants
31. Belgium 64 McDonald's restaurants
32. Ireland 62 McDonald's restaurants
33. Czech Republic 60 McDonald's restaurants
34. Norway 55 McDonald's restaurants
35. Greece 48 McDonald's restaurants
36. Slovakia 10 McDonald's restaurants
37. Luxembourg 6 McDonald's restaurants
38. Iceland 3 McDonald's restaurants
39. Brunei 1 McDonald's restaurants
Total 25,663 McDonald's restaurants
Philippines has 235 McDonald's restaurants. Bacolod City (about 900,000 population) has about seven inculding one which could be the biggest in the Philippine Islands. That's 1 for every 150,000. For the rest of the country it is one for every 385,000.
Bo B no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:54 AM   #232
Ar3Man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 45
Likes (Received): 1

18. Hong Kong 177 McDonald's restaurants

A single City have more then 150 McDonald......
Ar3Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:01 AM   #233
Sergei
iMod
 
Sergei's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto | Lviv
Posts: 4,439
Likes (Received): 11

From what I've seen, McDonalds in Europe have very nice architecture, outside and out. The McDonalds in downtown Lviv, Ukraine is designed in a classical style with a beautiful interior with marble floors, paintings, etc.
__________________
serhio.com
Sergei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:14 PM   #234
Bo B
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei
From what I've seen, McDonalds in Europe have very nice architecture, outside and out. The McDonalds in downtown Lviv, Ukraine is designed in a classical style with a beautiful interior with marble floors, paintings, etc.
Sergei, please post a picture of the MacDonald's you've mentioned here.
Thanks
Bo B no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:33 PM   #235
alien
.:junglist : and . AFOL:.
 
alien's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: bratislava
Posts: 2,057
Likes (Received): 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey
McDonalds restaurants
Definition: Number of McDonalds restaurants.
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/foo_mcd_res#


1. United States 12,804 McDonald's restaurants
2. Japan 3,598 McDonald's restaurants
3. Canada 1,154 McDonald's restaurants
4. United Kingdom 1,115 McDonald's restaurants
5. Germany 1,091 McDonald's restaurants
6. France 857 McDonald's restaurants
7. Australia 701 McDonald's restaurants
8. Taiwan 338 McDonald's restaurants
9. China 326 McDonald's restaurants
10. Italy 290 McDonald's restaurants
11. Spain 276 McDonald's restaurants
12. Korea, South 243 McDonald's restaurants
13. Philippines 235 McDonald's restaurants
14. Sweden 227 McDonald's restaurants
15. Netherlands 205 McDonald's restaurants
16. Mexico 205 McDonald's restaurants
17. Poland 181 McDonald's restaurants
18. Hong Kong 177 McDonald's restaurants
19. New Zealand 149 McDonald's restaurants
20. Austria 148 McDonald's restaurants
21. Malaysia 139 McDonald's restaurants
22. Turkey 133 McDonald's restaurants
23. Singapore 121 McDonald's restaurants
24. Switzerland 119 McDonald's restaurants
25. Denmark 99 McDonald's restaurants
26. Finland 93 McDonald's restaurants
27. Portugal 91 McDonald's restaurants
28. Thailand 88 McDonald's restaurants
29. Hungary 76 McDonald's restaurants
30. Indonesia 75 McDonald's restaurants
31. Belgium 64 McDonald's restaurants
32. Ireland 62 McDonald's restaurants
33. Czech Republic 60 McDonald's restaurants
34. Norway 55 McDonald's restaurants
35. Greece 48 McDonald's restaurants
36. Slovakia 10 McDonald's restaurants
37. Luxembourg 6 McDonald's restaurants
38. Iceland 3 McDonald's restaurants
39. Brunei 1 McDonald's restaurants
Total 25,663 McDonald's restaurants
this is pretty old list or very inaccurate.
Slovakia has more restaurants and where is India?
www.mcdonaldsindia.com
alien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #236
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank
 
Don Pacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bucaramanga, Colombia
Posts: 13,788
Likes (Received): 7134

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien
this is pretty old list or very inaccurate.
Slovakia has more restaurants and where is India?
www.mcdonaldsindia.com
It is not only obsolete but only lists a few countries.
For instance, there are thousands of resataurants throughout latin america and mexico is the only one there.
Don Pacho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:47 AM   #237
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo B
Philippines has 235 McDonald's restaurants. Bacolod City (about 900,000 population) has about seven inculding one which could be the biggest in the Philippine Islands. That's 1 for every 150,000. For the rest of the country it is one for every 385,000.
In Townsville, Australia, there is 7 McDonalds resturants for about 160,000 people. Thats got to be a pretty high ratio!! lol
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 03:17 AM   #238
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank
 
Don Pacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bucaramanga, Colombia
Posts: 13,788
Likes (Received): 7134

Las Vegas, Nevada





.
Don Pacho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 01:25 PM   #239
Eureka!
Registered User
 
Eureka!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,402
Likes (Received): 24

There are over 725 maccas restaurants in Oz and i think over 100 in victoria (the state with melbourne in it). 55 is nothing
Eureka! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #240
markcode
toilet out of order
 
markcode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bari
Posts: 2,360
Likes (Received): 9



this is my favourite...It's the last one built in chicago.
__________________
"Immodica ira insaniam gignit, insania saepe exitii est causa"

...who's afraid of the big bad wolf?
markcode no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
mcd's, mcdo, mcdonalds, mickey d's

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu