daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 11th, 2010, 06:45 AM   #1
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

NEW YORK | 330 Madison Avenue | 169m | 41 fl | Reclad

From curbed.com 17 Feb 2010:

MIDTOWN—Glassy facade facelifts of office towers were all the rage when commercial rents were soaring, but economic meltdown has a way of slamming the breaks on costly renovations. Still, Vornado appears to be going ahead with the makeover of 330 Madison Avenue, if the renderings and signage that recently popped up around the building are any indication. Then again it's been about 10 months since plans were announced and all we have to show for it are a few signs, so we'll see. [CurbedWire Staff]

[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:46 AM   #2
Ni3lS

News from WiredNY forum:

Quote:
The following is on Sotawall's website.

http://www.sotawall.com/portfolio/Un...0Madison-24a8/

Thus, the long-delayed work clearly is underway, and this eyesore will be improved. Regardless of what anyone thought of the recladding of 1095 6th Ave., 330 Madison's current facade is an absolute POS, and the new skin will be a nice addition in my opinion.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:47 AM   #3
zdaddy233

Likes (Received): 2

isnt that were the NFL headquarters are?
zdaddy233 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:48 AM   #4
Ni3lS

Can't copy the pics from the website but here the link to it:

http://www.sotawall.com/portfolio/Un...0Madison-24a8/

This is also the company that does the cladding for Russia Wharf in Boston, The Bow in Calgary, Tower 111 in New York City and many other projects.

Old May 11th, 2010, 06:49 AM   #5
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdaddy233 View Post
I honestly have no clue.
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #6
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdaddy233 View Post
I think the NFL HQ is located at 280 Park Ave. Totally different buildings.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #7
Melbourne:)

Likes (Received): 0

wow ! that render looks really great, i hope they go through with it
Melbourne:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #8
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28197

Good reclad. The new facade looks much better.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #9
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbourne:) View Post
wow ! that render looks really great, i hope they go through with it
They already started.
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #10
Colonel Cadillac

Likes (Received): 7

I have to say that I am opposed to all these reclads. I am also tired of all you neo-modernists praising them. So many people despise the international style but love the 'new modern' blue glass box aesthetic. Does anyone see the irony? Architecture today looks like it did thirty or forty years ago, only they changed the color. You may argue that this Kahn & Jacobs original is ugly and needs to be modified, but this is a slippery slope argument. The towers that have be reclad..aka defiled so far were the Black and white spandreled old Nynex building and the groundbreaking 100 Park Ave. The latter should have been landmarked. Soon all of New York's taller buidlings will be blue-glass clad and ther place will look a Wizard of Oz nightmare. Thinks this a great idea still- wait till the developers go after the prewar stuff - see 3 Columbus Circle.
Colonel Cadillac no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
midtown, new york, new york city, recladding, redevelopment