daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Highrises > Proposed Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 14th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #1
Jarenz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1303

SOUTH COTABATO | Amparo Suites | 21 fl | Pro

Originally Posted By: dinabaw

Jarenz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #2
lionel messi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

i'm so excited about this project. i hope filipino architects will take the cue and design inspired buildings such as this one. cheers to koronadal!
lionel messi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #3
boju2
gigaGO Philippines!

Likes (Received): 20

Grounbreaking Photos - May 12, 2010

Originally posted by: Rajah_Soliman

SSC is a forum in helping nation building.
boju2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:00 AM   #4
boju2
gigaGO Philippines!

Likes (Received): 20

Mindanao’s tallest building
to rise in Koronadal

Mindanao Daily Mirror
May 14, 2010

Mindanao’s tallest building will soon rise in Koronadal City with the projected completion of the P250-million Amparo Suites in May next year.

“It will have a total of 21 floors with a helipad on the rooftop” said Australia-based Filipino architect Sol Uy Flores during a press conference held Wednesday at the Doctors Clinic and Hospital Inc.

The ground breaking ceremony was earlier held at the site - a 7,000 square meter lot located beside the sister companies DCHI and Saint Alexius College.

A capsule with a blue print and signatures of the board of directors was buried by DCHI president Dr. Arturo “Tatay” Pingoy.

Also present were Rep. Arthur “Dodo” Pingoy and his wife Anabelle, Dr. Nanette Pingoy-Franco and husband John, Dr. Albert “Bobot” Pingoy and Karl Frederick Sims of Coalesce Hotel and Resorts Management.

Koronadal City presently has no decent big hotel for big conventions. And even if big conventions or events are held in the city or province, the visitors are usually brought to nearby General Santos City for billeting.

“This is one way of promoting and helping the province. We encourage more investors here in South Cotabato,” Rep. Pingoy, who is leading the gubernatorial race in last Monday’s elections.

Sims, on the other hand, said that they are aiming to make Amparo Suites a “four-star superior hotel”. He added that they can help the tourism not only in South Cotabato but also are willing to help the other hotels in Mindanao.

“We have a very good team. That is why we think this is viable,” said Dr. Albert Pingoy, who also owns AYP Holdings.

The Amparo Suites can also be a good training ground for the hotel and restaurant management students of Saint Alexius College.

But Kims said that they will have a good solid and constant training program and “will look for every small details to give comfort to all our guests.”

The Amparo Suites will also be the first and only building that has a “twisting or spiral design”. The construction will start on May 18 and hopefully it will be completed in one year.

The tower building is inspired by the deformed cylindrical shape of a tree and the aerodynamics of aerofoil fins. It will feature an iconic landmark of Koronadal City, characterized by vertical slots with private view.

Amparo Suites encapsulates speed, fluid dynamics, future technology and natural patterns of organization created from a humble beginning.

“No worry on earthquakes since this building will have the best technology we have from Australia. And we have already tested the soil,” said Flores, also a Master civil engineer from Perth Australia.

The ground floor will be the commercial area and parking space. The hotel will have a coffee shop, lobby restaurant, function rooms, maximum space function rooms, private rooms, VIP Lounge, fine dining restaurant, private exclusive offices, VIP exclusive restaurant, chill out bar, gym, spa and a 25-meter swimming pool.

Originally posted by: davaoeagle

SSC is a forum in helping nation building.
boju2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:29 AM   #5
Wageningen
Lagawan nga miyaw

i was in marbel last may 11, and i noticed there were bulldozers clearing the area fronting st alexius college just beside doctors hospital. i thought, another project for marbel. i never thought this grandiose! great for marbel. this is another building being constructed near the office of the Department of Agriculture Region 12 but there is no billboard. seems big also since the foundation seems strong and big. hope amparo suites' construction will start soon
Wageningen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #6
Jarenz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinabaw View Post

. . .
Jarenz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 09:36 AM   #7
Wageningen
Lagawan nga miyaw

any updates??????
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #8
tita01

Likes (Received): 883

dead project??
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:28 AM   #9
pamikoi
BANNÉD

Likes (Received): 65

any updates on this project..???

This is a unique architectural piece...might the the most unique in the philippines.

sayang if this will not be realized.
pamikoi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:22 AM   #10
tita01

Likes (Received): 883

it's a dead project !!!! sayang 2012 na!!!
Old May 29th, 2016, 11:45 AM   #11
Dustine

Likes (Received): 3

here is the thing, it's a hoax. building such large building in koronadal is not possible. we still don't have enough economy to sustain such building
Dustine no está en línea   Reply With Quote