daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2010, 10:15 AM   #61
Hasse78

Likes (Received): 589

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeiush View Post
Neamt Fortress (ruins)

Woow.... this one is really cool.
Hasse78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:21 AM   #62
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 69

Good job adeiush Great collection of palaces
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:07 AM   #63
adeiush

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG_PATRIOT View Post
Good job adeiush Great collection of palaces
thanks
adeiush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:46 PM   #64
adeiush

Prejmer

Old May 21st, 2010, 01:51 PM   #65
adeiush

Sighisoara Citadel

Old May 21st, 2010, 01:52 PM   #66
adeiush

Cris Castle

Old May 21st, 2010, 01:54 PM   #67
adeiush

Calnic Fortress

Old May 21st, 2010, 02:00 PM   #68
adeiush

Poienari Castle - Vlad Tepes' real castle - in ruins

Last edited by adeiush; May 21st, 2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old May 31st, 2010, 09:28 PM   #69
adeiush

Foisor Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbedeu View Post
Foisor Palace is located in Sinaia. The hunting house with its 43 rooms was the Romanian kings favorite place. It was built earlier than Peles castle, thus it served as provisional residence to king Carol and queen Elisabeth until completion of Peles castle, as well as to king Ferdinand and queen Mary till Pelisor castle was ready. King Carol II also lived here during his rule over Romania in between 1930-1940. The hunting house standing today has suffered many changes since than. During the rule of Carol II the original house burnt down, and was rebuilt in between 1932-1933. The Communist regime brought another wing to the building. Today the castle with its offices, parlors, fancy living-rooms, and even a theater room belongs to the Romanian state and is used exclusively for protocol purposes. Visitors are not allowed inside!

Pics:

Pics provided by user charadesparty.
Old May 31st, 2010, 09:45 PM   #70
adeiush

Elisabeta Palace
Quote:
The Elisabeta Palace is the official residence in Bucharest of the Royal Family. The architectonic ensemble was designed in 1930 by the young architect Marcu, its structure being harmonious as well as loaded with symbols of both the past and present. The Palace was built in 1936, for Princess Elisabeta, the former queen of Greece and sister of King Carol the second. In one of the rooms of this Palace, the King was forced to sign the abdication papers on the evening of December the 30th, 1947. Today, as the primary residence of the Royal Family of Romania, it serves not only as living quarters, but also used in many events, commemorations, and promotions for Romania by and on behalf of the Royal Family.

The Exterior of the Palace:

The Interior Courtyard of the Palace:

The Ferdinand and Marie Parlour:

The Main Hallway:

The Reception Hall:

Old May 31st, 2010, 09:50 PM   #71
adeiush

Brukenthal Summer Palace

Quote:
The Brukenthal Summer Palace is located in the town of Avrig, not to far away from Sibiu. The Brukenthal Summer Palace built in 1771, a baroque summer residence of baron Samuel von Brukenthal, the governor of Transylvania. I couldn't find too many pictures of the palace, but here are those I did find of the palace and the surrounding gardens:

Old May 31st, 2010, 09:58 PM   #72
adeiush

Jean Mihail Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigis View Post
Jean Mihail Palace (today the Art Museum of Craiova)

The Art Museum of Craiova is located in the sumptuous palace of the former magnate Jean Mihail. Built between 1899-1907, according to the plans of the French arhitect Paul Gottereau. This impressive building combines the French academic style with elements of Renaissance and late Baroque. The palace is lavishly furnished with Venetian mirrors and Murano crystal chandeliers; the walls are covered with Lyon silk and the stairs are made of Carrara marble. Its main attraction is the art gallery dedicated to Constantin Brâncuşi, exhibiting six of his early sculptures (including variants of his best-known works): The Kiss (1907), Vitellius (1898), Woman Torso (1909), The Vainglory (1905), Boy's Head (1906), Miss Pogany (1902).
It also has a variety of paintings by leading Romanian masters such as;Theodor Aman,Nicolae Grigorescu,Vasile Popescu,Stefan Luchian,and Theodor Pallady plus some Romanian icons.

[IMG]http://i48.************/2ikz0j8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.************/2uqosbq.jpg[/IMG]

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by adeiush; May 31st, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:08 PM   #73
adeiush

Bethlen-Haller Castle
Quote:
The Bethlen-Haller Castle was built in the 16th century in the French Renaissance style and restored in the 17th-18th centuries in the Baroque style. The building has a rectangular plan, with massive walls, laid on top with holes for oil and circular defense towers on corners.

The basement and first floor have semi-cylindrical vaulted ceilings. On the upper side is a spiral staircase. The main staircase, richly decorated, is carved in wood. The new owners have preserved it, and at its end, in the cellars where were tortured the serfs and where food was kept, is now arranged a room for wine tasting. The doors and window frames, the architecture, generally bears the imprint of the French Renaissance. The gate, in Baroque style, was built in 1769. The castle was famous for its gardens and the deer farm. From the castle cellars start tunnels leading to the castle of Sânmiclăuş, another family property.

Today the castle is private property and can not be visited. The castle was bought from Count Haller’s grandchild with the condition that it can not be modified. The new owner wants the castle to be placed in the touristic circuit.

Exterior Pics:[/SIZE]

Last edited by adeiush; May 31st, 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:15 PM   #74
adeiush

Aiud Fortress
Quote:
Aiud Fortress (13th - 15th century), is among the oldest urban fortification in Transylvania.

The fortress with stone walls and towers is located on the site of an old earth fortification which in its turn overlaps a Dacian-Roman settlement from 3rd century AD. The building complex has known two-phase construction. The existence of an initial fortress (14th century) was attested by archaeological excavations (1974-1977). According to the local Saxon tradition, its beginnings had occurred before the great Tatar invasion in the years 1241-1242, but this dating was not yet confirmed. Present form corresponds largely to the second stage of construction (16th-17th centuries), but were preserved also elements of the first phase, as well as some later additions and restorations. Inscriptions that were preserved on several places on the towers and walls bring information related to those works.

Last edited by adeiush; May 31st, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:57 PM   #75
tazzmaniadodo

Likes (Received): 263

adeiush , congratulation for the topic! We got lots of realy nice palaces , castels and manisons in Romania too bad they are in bad shape. Maybe in the future they will be refurbished ore even reconstructed and the cultural tourism will grow up.
tazzmaniadodo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:54 AM   #76
Luli Pop
BANNED

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeiush View Post
Castle Banffy (Bonţida) - in ruins

Is it possible to buy this castle and restore it?
Or is it a public property?

Thanks!
Luli Pop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #77
adeiush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luli Pop View Post
Is it possible to buy this castle and restore it?
Or is it a public property?

Thanks!
I think it is public property, because after the communists seized power in Romania they nationalised everything, including all the castles and palaces.

Currently the castle is being restored. See the links below for more infos (send them an email and ask them if it's for sale, they should know for sure because they are making the restoration....)
http://www.transylvaniatrust.ro/index2.php?p=30
http://www.heritagetraining-banffyca.../index.php?p=1

btw some pics of this Castle from 1890

Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:04 PM   #78
beren_me

Likes (Received): 62

Curtea Veche("Old Court"), Bucharest XIV-XVIII century.Digital reconstruction as it looked during Constantin Brancoveanu's reign ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantin_Brâncoveanu ), before being destroyed by fire in 1718 and an earthquake in 1738.[images from http://reconstituiri.ro/galerii/gale...reconstituire/ ]

Last edited by beren_me; July 22nd, 2010 at 02:35 PM.
beren_me no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:06 PM   #79
beren_me

Last edited by beren_me; July 22nd, 2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:07 PM   #80
beren_me

Today...

from http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fișier:Curtea_Veche.jpg

Last edited by beren_me; July 22nd, 2010 at 02:38 PM.