daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Which country should host EURO 2016?
France 27 28.42%
Italy 21 22.11%
Turkey 47 49.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #61
kosova-fener
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 459
Likes (Received): 2

Turkey got my vote
kosova-fener no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #62
Kriativus
Registered User
 
Kriativus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,022
Likes (Received): 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
No they are French, it's not our fault if our country is attractive since centuries for several different reasons and even for Europeans migrants (portuguese, spanish, polish, italians (our first lady for example), russians, romanians, hungarians (our President for example), dutch & Brits (a lot of them in southern france), armenians and even turkish & kurds etc etc

France is a kind of "European USA" !

Easy, boy, easy. The way you say France is the mother of the whole world...

What they are trying to say is that France has never produced any World class player genuinely french.

Let's begin with the beginning.

Justo Fontaine... a very good one forward. But, well, sorry...
Born in Marrakesh.

Raymond Kopa... or shoulda I say Raymond Kopaszewski?
Born into a polish family.

Then comes Michel Platini, widely considered the best french player of all time. "Platini" says it all. Can't we deny his italian origin?

Jean Tigana? Born in Sudan.

Luis Fernández? Born in Spain.


Shall we continue?
Kriativus no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #63
Kriativus
Registered User
 
Kriativus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,022
Likes (Received): 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
I think you should learn a bit about France !
Did you ever heard that France is not only Metropolitan France????

Most of the players you mention are not "Africans" but French citizens from our overseas departements and territories (French Caribbean & Guiana, French Polynesia & New Caledonia, Réunion etc) !


France was and is still worldwide

Nowadays (btw these French overseas departments and territories are also part of the European Union, unlike your country )


Well, it's just a matter of time. Don't be so happy. Give me 15, 20 years and France will lose all its worldwide possessions.

They're french not because they're proud of France or see them as french but only because they have some advantages. Political advantages only.

Btw, have you ever heard of Antarctic Treaty System?
This Adelie Land is a fiction.
Kriativus no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:14 AM   #64
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | Quercy | Monaco, MC
Posts: 16,686
Likes (Received): 9697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriativus View Post

Shall we continue?
And so what ???

France is multicultural as I wrote, and so ??... Most of French haven't 100% French roots... but all are French without any distinction ! That's what I wrote !

I know, for example, that the Turkish who lives in Germany are not considered as German, but in France it's different. All the successive migrants have been assimilated and became French without distinction, they even gave/give French names to their children etc etc

Is it that hard to understand ???


France has hosted, among others, the "White émigré/White Russians" because of the revolution, the Spanish republicans because of Franco, many many Portuguese (more than 500,000) because of the dictatorship of Salazar, many many Italians and Polish because of the economic crisis/unemployment in their own countries during the early 20th century, many Romanians, Hungarians etc because of the communism, many many citizens from our former Empire (mostly from north Africa), and more recently (keeping their own citizenship) many Dutch and Brits (including Tony Blair for example) because of our lovely countrysides in southern France (From Périgord and Toulouse's region to Provence) where they buy secondary residences or for their retirement, just like many French/Parisians (including my family) who also have their secondary residences in these regions, not to mention the coastlines !


PS: Just Fontaine was born in Morocco yes, but when Morocco was French, and he is from a French Family who lived there, just like more than 2 million of French/European people (Pieds-Noirs) who lived in the French north Africa back then !

Last edited by parcdesprinces; May 28th, 2010 at 10:04 AM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #65
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | Quercy | Monaco, MC
Posts: 16,686
Likes (Received): 9697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriativus View Post
Well, it's just a matter of time. Don't be so happy. Give me 15, 20 years and France will lose all its worldwide possessions.
Maybe some jealousy there, no ??

Because, actually they are happy too with that (according referendum results and opinion polls), and btw we even gained a new overseas departement (Mayotte) by referendum last year (result: 94,1% said yes to become part of France) !

So let me have som doubts about France losing "ALL" its possessions (especially St Pierre & Miquelon, French Polynesia, the Austral Islands (nobody lives there), or Guiana where the European Space Agency has its base, + several other territories for military reasons)

Quote:
They're french not because they're proud of France
If you say so !

It's so funny when foreigners believe/pretend to know France (and its history, social structure etc) much better than the French themselves !!

Did you ever put a foot in one of our overseas territory ???

Because I did (Guiana, French Caribbean (several times) & Réunion) and believe me they are happy and proud to be French for their overwhelming majority !!


Quote:
have you ever heard of Antarctic Treaty System?
This Adelie Land is a fiction.
I didn't make that map, but except that point there's no mistake ! (despite the fact we have several bases which are not fictional, in Adelie Land )


PS: BTW you could be surprised by my real opinion about most of our overseas territories, about keeping them or not etc ... Because, as a matter of fact, I don't really care, and they have a HUGE cost for the French government who has to maintain their economy, which is not that good !

Last edited by parcdesprinces; May 28th, 2010 at 11:18 AM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:05 AM   #66
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Removed by me

Last edited by Mo Rush; May 28th, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #67
Sercan K.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Yalova - Türkiye
Posts: 33
Likes (Received): 18

Please! Let's turn back to poll. This is not a suitable topic for political, historical, cultural discussion...

Just write your opinion about your vote, please...
__________________
██████ Türkiye██████
Sercan K. no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:31 AM   #68
JLAG
Registered User
 
JLAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Öresund
Posts: 1,922
Likes (Received): 504

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sercan K. View Post
Please! Let's turn back to poll. This is not a suitable topic for political, historical, cultural discussion...

Just write your opinion about your vote, please...
JLAG no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:31 AM   #69
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | Quercy | Monaco, MC
Posts: 16,686
Likes (Received): 9697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Removed by me
Too bad, 'cause I was about to answer you !

Just like each time someone criticizes my country !
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #70
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK
 
www.sercan.de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 27,950
Likes (Received): 2718

Italy stadium clip: Just 3 new one? Where is Firenze
__________________
International titles of Galatasaray SK
UEFA Europa League (1): 2000
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2000

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #71
piraB4L
Registered User
 
piraB4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 689
Likes (Received): 260

http://video.uefa.com/video/Competit...ideoFlash.html
piraB4L no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #72
dacrio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 529
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.sercan.de View Post
Italy stadium clip: Just 3 new one? Where is Firenze
the new stadiums were always 3
dacrio no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #73
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Too bad, 'cause I was about to answer you !

Just like each time someone criticizes my country !
Feel free to PM me. My comment was inappropriate for this poll or forum section.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #74
piraB4L
Registered User
 
piraB4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 689
Likes (Received): 260

OHHHHHH great french kid
piraB4L no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:08 PM   #75
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK
 
www.sercan.de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 27,950
Likes (Received): 2718

France best presentation!!!!!
12 points for France
__________________
International titles of Galatasaray SK
UEFA Europa League (1): 2000
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2000

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #76
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | Quercy | Monaco, MC
Posts: 16,686
Likes (Received): 9697

OK, I hour left before the vote !

Last edited by parcdesprinces; May 28th, 2010 at 01:11 PM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #77
eomer
Bring Constantinople back
 
eomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Val de Marne (Paris)
Posts: 13,824
Likes (Received): 4640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriativus View Post
What they are trying to say is that France has never produced any World class player genuinely french.

Let's begin with the beginning.

Justo Fontaine... a very good one forward. But, well, sorry...
Born in Marrakesh.

Raymond Kopa... or shoulda I say Raymond Kopaszewski?
Born into a polish family.

Then comes Michel Platini, widely considered the best french player of all time. "Platini" says it all. Can't we deny his italian origin?

Jean Tigana? Born in Sudan.

Luis Fernández? Born in Spain.


Shall we continue?
Eric Cantona: "The King" is born in Marseille with Italian and Spanish origin. But is it so important ?
__________________
Cordialement, Kind Regards
Eomer
Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East.
A l'aube du cinquième jour, regardez vers l'est
eomer está en línea ahora  
Old May 28th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #78
Vilak
Let's dance in style!
 
Vilak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nimes
Posts: 569
Likes (Received): 6

hoppefully France was choosen!!!!
Vilak no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 05:11 PM   #79
adeiush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 509
Likes (Received): 60

the winner is...


Quote:
France have beaten Turkey and Italy for the right to stage the European Championship in 2016.

France previously staged the tournament in 1960 and were hosts again in 1984, winning it with a team captained by Michel Platini, the Uefa president.

The French, hosts and winners of the 1998 World Cup, beat Turkey by just a single vote after Italy were eliminated in the first round of voting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/8711016.stm
adeiush no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #80
SYG1968
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 144
Likes (Received): 28

Congraturations France!
SYG1968 no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu