daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which country should host EURO 2016?
France 27 28.42%
Italy 21 22.11%
Turkey 47 49.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 28th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #81
StuRedman
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriativus View Post
Easy, boy, easy. The way you say France is the mother of the whole world...

What they are trying to say is that France has never produced any World class player genuinely french.

Let's begin with the beginning.

Justo Fontaine... a very good one forward. But, well, sorry...
Born in Marrakesh.

Raymond Kopa... or shoulda I say Raymond Kopaszewski?
Born into a polish family.

Then comes Michel Platini, widely considered the best french player of all time. "Platini" says it all. Can't we deny his italian origin?

Jean Tigana? Born in Sudan.

Luis Fernández? Born in Spain.

Shall we continue?
Nothing like the fresh smell of a French-hater in the evening.

There's no such thing as genuinely French, retard. France is one the most multi cultural country in the world.
You don't become French by blood. Not everybody values racism and ethnicities like Turkey does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfesPilsen View Post
France should host Africa Nations Cup

Turkey should bid for the Asian Nations Cup. And you'll probably lose to

Last edited by StuRedman; May 28th, 2010 at 10:47 PM.
StuRedman no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #82
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

This is so sad, Turkey should have got it...
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #83
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
This is so sad, Turkey should have got it...

Agree.
Western Europe alway pig

Last edited by crazyalex; May 29th, 2010 at 05:33 PM.
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #84
$upr£m€

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyalex View Post

Agree.
Western Europe alway pig
$upr£m€ no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #85
RobH

Likes (Received): 10341

France put money, time and effort into their bid; same as Turkey. What's the problem? UEFA are under no obligation to pick a country just because they've never had it before. If that were the case we'd be seeing a Euros in Malta once all the large European countries are exhausted.

Aside from Belgium's co-hosting and including Euro 2012, the last SEVEN European Championships have gone to countries which had never hosted them before. This will be the first proper repeat hosting since 1984, before I was born in fact. And since this is the first time we've had 24 teams rather than 16, going with a known entity was a good decision.

Turkey and others will get their chance eventually, because UEFA has been very good about spreading these championships around in the last 20+ years.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #86
kramer81

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuRedman View Post
Nothing like the fresh smell of a French-hater in the evening.

There's no such thing as genuinely French, retard. France is one the most multi cultural country in the world.
You don't become French by blood. Not everybody values racism and ethnicities like Turkey does.
Just because it is a multi cultural country doesn't mean there is no such thing a ethnically native Frenchman.

Anyway, I'm glad France won...it's good that Euro 2016 will be held in Europe!
kramer81 no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #87
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer81 View Post
Just because it is a multi cultural country doesn't mean there is no such thing a ethnically native Frenchman.

Anyway, I'm glad France won...it's good that Euro 2016 will be held in Europe!
You only have to go back 600 years to meet people who are common ancestors of every person now living in Europe today. The amount of immigration and movement there has been in the time since means the concept of an "ethnically native" Frenchman or Brit or German is almost meaningless. You may be able to say you're more likely to have a certain mix of characteristics and genes if you live in a certain country, but that's not the same as what you're saying.

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out, even if it risks going off topic.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #88
CARLITO82

Quote:
Originally Posted by $upr£m€ View Post

turkey dont get it because some of the voters sayed and think it is to difficult and riskly when turkey hosted the championship.and the franch site sayed we will always reallaise oure projects even when we lose the bit. so why they didint let turkey try this 2016 and when it will be goes wild france still can hosted the uefa euro 2016 for the 3ed time. WHY WHY WHY ? becouse they are not fair and some of the uefa big assosaition like german, italy, england, france maybe italy are egoists and and corrupt. THATS SAD BUT TRUE !!!
CARLITO82 no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #89
CARLITO82

they have let turkey try this one and when it faild, france can step into.
thas what i to apprehend unter FAIRPLAY and RESPEKT !!!
CARLITO82 no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #90
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2719

come stop
You cannot lose?

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #91
kramer81

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
You only have to go back 600 years to meet people who are common ancestors of every person now living in Europe today. The amount of immigration and movement there has been in the time since means the concept of an "ethnically native" Frenchman or Brit or German is almost meaningless. You may be able to say you're more likely to have a certain mix of characteristics and genes if you live in a certain country, but that's not the same as what you're saying.

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out, even if it risks going off topic.
Well, I think your point is debatable but even if you take it as 100% correct then someone with 600 years of ancestory in France is more French than someone who's parents moved there. I also don't think it is in the spirit of sport that country's like France use players from their colonies. I'm sure the British FAs have agreed not to pick players who don't have a grandparent at the very least born in England, Scotland etc. But that's another arguement
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #92
kosova-fener
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

this is sad, turkey should have gotten it, they deserved it.
people here say turks are racist, but racism/slavery was invented by white/weestern europeans. western europeans are the most predjeduce/racist people, just look at their history
kosova-fener no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:26 PM   #93
tedecom

Likes (Received): 125

Sorry for OT not connected to this thread but I have to explain...
Slavery wasn't invented by europeans. You can find it in antiquity, for example in ancient Egypt. Also you can read about slavery in Code of Hammurabi (18th century BC).

Last edited by tedecom; May 29th, 2010 at 10:32 PM.
tedecom no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #94
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosova-fener View Post
this is sad, turkey should have gotten it, they deserved it.
people here say turks are racist, but racism/slavery was invented by white/weestern europeans. western europeans are the most predjeduce/racist people, just look at their history
And here was me thinking this was a thread about a football tournament in six year's time, but thanks for the history lesson.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #95
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9711

Quote:
I also don't think it is in the spirit of sport that country's like France use players from their colonies. I'm sure the British FAs have agreed not to pick players who don't have a grandparent at the very least born in England, Scotland etc. But that's another arguement
You still don't understand that these players are French, not second-tier French, JUST FRENCH !!!

For most of them, their parents and Grandparents were born in France, almost all the colonies/overseas territories you mention were/are part of France !

About the selection of players by blood/origins, well if we can elect a President (Sarkozy) who hasn't a French father, so I don't see why we should have a special rule about our national teams !!

The same for the USA, UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Australia, South Africa and its white rugby team, New Zealand, Brazil, Canada, Argentina (Heinze, for example, doesn't sound very "latin") etc etc etc

French diversity is an advantage yes, but also a chance, following your point should we also ban all these "non ethnically" French (btw does that include the italians, Portuguese, Spanish, Polish etc origins ??) of our public administrations, media, authorities, police etc etc
Hmmmmm what a wonderful racist authoritarian country we would be !!!
HO ! I remember know: One country already did it, and this laws were called Apartheid, and guess what... the country was banned of all international sporting events !
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 31st, 2010, 04:38 AM   #96
kramer81

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
You still don't understand that these players are French, not second-tier French, JUST FRENCH !!!

For most of them, their parents and Grandparents were born in France, almost all the colonies/overseas territories you mention were/are part of France !

About the selection of players by blood/origins, well if we can elect a President (Sarkozy) who hasn't a French father, so I don't see why we should have a special rule about our national teams !!

The same for the USA, UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Australia, South Africa and its white rugby team, New Zealand, Brazil, Canada, Argentina (Heinze, for example, doesn't sound very "latin") etc etc etc

French diversity is an advantage yes, but also a chance, following your point should we also ban all these "non ethnically" French (btw does that include the italians, Portuguese, Spanish, Polish etc origins ??) of our public administrations, media, authorities, police etc etc
Hmmmmm what a wonderful racist authoritarian country we would be !!!
HO ! I remember know: One country already did it, and this laws were called Apartheid, and guess what... the country was banned of all international sporting events !
Your second paragraph is complete nonsense, we are talking about footballers representing their country. Is it racist that I am not eligible to play for France, Brazil or Ghana for example? Also, most if not all countries have employment rules which restrict who can work there based on nationality and it is not called Apartheid!

I don't think New Zealanders playing for the Scottish rugby team is right either, nor would it be if British countries decide to pick footballers from the British empire.
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:37 AM   #97
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9711

Quote:
we are talking about footballers representing their country. Is it racist that I am not eligible to play for France, Brazil or Ghana for example?
Indeed, but your are not French as far I know !! Unlike the players you mention who are French, by birth and/or by citizenship acquisition, whether you like it or not !

Quote:
Also, most if not all countries have employment rules which restrict who can work there based on nationality and it is not called Apartheid!
Again: Indeed, but the the people you mention are French, by birth and/or and by citizenship acquisition, whatever their skin color/ethnicity/origins and whether you like it or not !

PS: Our overseas departements are part of France and of the EU, people there have the French nationality (unlike New zealanders for example, who are not British citizens) !
parcdesprinces no está en línea  

Closed Thread