daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 10th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #861
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Calling a THING a toilet is no insult. You can't insult things, only people. On the other hand you brutaly insult me with your last post. This is disgusting, what have I done to you? Am I not allowed to have my opinion or what? Remember, this memorial is not exactly what the 9/11 families wanted. I can't understand why you flame at me like that

Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #862
zapor1

Likes (Received): 31

well Towards the Sun was stating his opinion and what someone would do if you held up a big sign displaying what you said. Towards the Sun is also basically correct, they would most definitely bash you in your skull if you did that.
zapor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #863
Kanto
Roof height crusader

But I don't understand why should I want to vandalize the oppening ceremony just because I don't like the pools? There's no logic in that. I never said I want to sabotage the ceremony, I only said that I don't like those pools
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:42 PM   #864
zapor1

Well, it said if you did. Also, you offended people with the statement. Despite in your opinion being the world's biggest toilet, it still is a memorial for a really tragic event.
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #865
Kanto
Roof height crusader

I didn't offend anybody because I never criticised the need for a 9/11 memorial, I only criticised the design of this 9/11 memorial. That's a huge difference. In fact everybody who was reading my original post knows that I criticised the pools because I don't think they are enough to memorize 9/11, I think 9/11 should be memorized on a far greater scale than what those pools do
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #866
zapor1

Biggest man made waterfalls in the world aren't enough for you?
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #867
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Nope, because they can be seen only from the surrounding towers and the park. As I said before, I would have made 1WTC be the memorial. 1WTC can be seen from all arround NY. I think it is important that as many people as possible see the memorial. I want whenever somebody looks at the skyline of Lower Manhattan for him/her to remember that horrible tragedy.
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #868
cat 328

Likes (Received): 0

Describing a memorial for people who were innocently killed as a toilet... and then saying they should let people swin in them.

Disgusting and very disrespectful. Why would someone even post that.
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #869
Kanto
Roof height crusader

I never said anything disrespectful. How many times do I have to repeat that I hate the pools because I think 9/11 should have gotten a superior memorial. All of what I said was for the innocent people killed there. It are people like you who are disrespectful because you require that everybody mandatorily likes the pools. No sir, the victims deserve more than those pools and I won't be quiet, I'll say it! Those pools are insufficient as a memorial, 9/11 families and everybody else deserve far more!
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #870
zapor1

Give me a memorial for a tragic event that is getting a memorial as grand as this one?
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:50 PM   #871
Kanto
Roof height crusader

But it still should get a grander one.

And there are more impressive memorials. Take the Pyramids for example, they are a memorial to a deceased pharaoah and they are far grander than the pools.
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:51 PM   #872
cat 328

Likes (Received): 0

Not everyone has to like them but comparing it to a toilet, which we all know the purpose for, and a swiming pool is just plain out disrepectful.
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #873
zapor1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
But it still should get a grander one.

And there are more impressive memorials. Take the Pyramids for example, they are a memorial to a deceased pharaoah and they are far grander than the pools.
I said for a tragic event. Ie. 9/11, world war 2, civil war would count.
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #874
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat 328 View Post
Not everyone has to like them but comparing it to a toilet, which we all know the purpose for, and a swiming pool is just plain out disrepectful.
No it is not. As I said a billion times before, I hate them because I think the 9/11 victims deserve more. Just because a structure is called a memorial doesn't mean that people can't hate that structure.

Btw, zapor, isn't the death of somebody a tragic event?
Old August 11th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #875
zapor1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
No it is not. As I said a billion times before, I hate them because I think the 9/11 victims deserve more. Just because a structure is called a memorial doesn't mean that people can't hate that structure.

Btw, zapor, isn't the death of somebody a tragic event?
Well, typical memorials for dead people are usually grand because they're people that played a pivotal role in society. To me, deaths are a whole different thing.
Old August 11th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #876
percy07
Shallow & Pedantic

Likes (Received): 33

Does anyone know if the tower crane East of the North memorial pool will come down, now that the Calatrava arches have been completed? What else would they use it for at this stage?
percy07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #877
oli83

Likes (Received): 999

from http://twitter.com/#!/wtcprogress

oli83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #878
azn_man12345

Likes (Received): 114

Kanto, you're a disgusting person. I may not have ever agreed with you, but that was because of how annoying you were with insisting upon roof height. That's a tiny thing though compared to calling the waterfall memorials a toilet though.

Two thousand nine hundred seventy seven. 2,977. That's how many people died on 9/11. 2,753 on this very site that we're looking at and talking about right now. And you want people to SWIM in it? I doubt ANYONE would want to take their kids for a swim on a ******* grave site Kanto.

And one more thing. Don't say you're not offending anyone. You're not in anyone's head. Obviously you offended someone if everyone's gonna get on your back over what you said.

Have some class. And think before you talk.
azn_man12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #879
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3046

*like*
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #880
oli83

Likes (Received): 999

@aznman12345: totally agree. nobody has to like the memorial, but criticising the design and calling it a toilet are two different things..

new trees arrived yesterday, looks like they go into the free spots northwest of the pavilion:

by lofter1, WNY:

oli83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
world trade center