daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 18th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #941
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1272

NOT THAT SHIT AGAIN!!!! Kanto, if you don't stop to trol, i'll report you to a mod. It's virtually impossible to hold a related discussion, with you posting vague statements. So try to be fair, and let us discuss about this memorial in a mature manner. I repsect everyones opinion, but i simply can't accept you'rs anymore. Because you spread too much BS in several therads already. Sorry, i can't take you serious man, as hard as i try.

Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #942
wong21fr
Reluctant Hobbesian

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick989 View Post
Would you care to elaborate on how exactly the memorial could have been "so much better" ? How would YOU have designed the memorial?
Trust me, you don't want him to start. It will leave your brain hurting.
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #943
pnapp1
Die-Hard New Yorker!

Likes (Received): 353

Oh God the Troll is back! And I thought he finally got the message and left. It was so nice around here the last week.
pnapp1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #944
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3547

I should report germantower and pnapp because they attack me in their comments while I attack nobody in my comments. I have only stated my opinion about these pools without attacking anybody but you two attacked me. Stating one's opinion isn't against the rules but attacking people is!

As to how I would make the memorial, well, I would make 1WTC the memorial. I would put burial chambers with graves into it's sublevels and the museum in it's concrete base. In the entire tower there would be memorial statues and paintings and the edges of the windows in the locations where the two planes hit the original towers would be marked with black color to produce an effect of scars. This would make 1WTC the biggest memorial structure in the world, seen from close and from far, it would be a gigantic obelisk that would honor 9/11 victims and could still have offices in it's abovebase levels. The building would be mixed use this way and the museum could be for free because of the ammount of money saved by not building the pools.

But all of this is just my idea of how it should have been done. The pools are what we'll get and I have to somehow try to like them
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #945
azn_man12345

Likes (Received): 114

Instead of modifying what's already here, I think patrick989 meant make up your own design, for the entire WTC. Design the towers. Design the PATH Station. Design the memorials. All of it.
azn_man12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #946
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull View Post
Does it still shoot the light into the sky to illuminate where the towers once stood?
This may help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
The Tribute in Light searchlights were never assembled at the World Trade Center site, but above a parking garage over the entrance to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel just six blocks south of the WTC. + Since the tribute is a separate public art presentation, it has nothing to do with the NS11M&M. As far as I know there are no plans for the installation of the 88 searchlights by the anniversary.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #947
WTCNewYork

Likes (Received): 18

More of that beautiful grass Image source: http://www.video-monitoring.com/cons...itv/silver.htm
WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:10 AM   #948
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I should report germantower and pnapp because they attack me in their comments while I attack nobody in my comments. I have only stated my opinion about these pools without attacking anybody but you two attacked me. Stating one's opinion isn't against the rules but attacking people is!

As to how I would make the memorial, well, I would make 1WTC the memorial. I would put burial chambers with graves into it's sublevels and the museum in it's concrete base. In the entire tower there would be memorial statues and paintings and the edges of the windows in the locations where the two planes hit the original towers would be marked with black color to produce an effect of scars. This would make 1WTC the biggest memorial structure in the world, seen from close and from far, it would be a gigantic obelisk that would honor 9/11 victims and could still have offices in it's abovebase levels. The building would be mixed use this way and the museum could be for free because of the ammount of money saved by not building the pools.

But all of this is just my idea of how it should have been done. The pools are what we'll get and I have to somehow try to like them

Why would you put grave in tower 1. This isn't a graveyard you know. What would you do with the area, the Old Twin Towers stood. And I taking it 1WTC would no longer be a office building but one larger grave marker. I need more details
Old August 19th, 2011, 08:45 AM   #949
patrick989

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_man12345 View Post
Instead of modifying what's already here, I think patrick989 meant make up your own design, for the entire WTC. Design the towers. Design the PATH Station. Design the memorials. All of it.
Right, that was what I was looking for, but no matter. There's no point in discussing changes to something that will not be changed. Anyway, it's nice to see that grass comin' in!
patrick989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #950
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1272

The picture in post 948 makes the memorial appeal futuristic. Like some gathering place in Coruscant.

Do we know if they are going to lit the vent structures at night?
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #951
Dave84

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
and paintings and the edges of the windows in the locations where the two planes hit the original towers would be marked with black color to produce an effect of scars.
You can not be serious! That would be the biggest insult ever . . . having the outline of the impacts of planes in the glass! WTF?
Dave84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #952
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1078

Kanto, ladies and gentlemen. The king of bad ideas. He just won't quit.
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #953
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave84 View Post
You can not be serious! That would be the biggest insult ever . . . having the outline of the impacts of planes in the glass! WTF?
That's your opinion and you have a right to have it. But I have a right to have my opinion and in my opinion the pools are an insult

As to more details about my idea of the memorial, I can create a topic about a thought experiment how folks would create their 9/11 memorial.

Last edited by Kanto; August 19th, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #954
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2745

Haven't you learned to keep your "thought experiments" to yourself?
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #955
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

One tip for you Kanto..You have right for your opinion, but if no one asked you for one, that's because no one cares, so stop throwing your opinion in people's faces!! In every freakin' thread..
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #956
[SolidState]
Promise No Tomorrow

Likes (Received): 0

Video link

WTCNewYork:

How did you get the video link to work? Did u have to download some type of add-on? BTW, I'm running win7...
[SolidState] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #957
WTCNewYork

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SolidState] View Post
WTCNewYork:

How did you get the video link to work? Did u have to download some type of add-on? BTW, I'm running win7...
I just took a screenshot of my computer screen, then posted it to my blog, then shared it here.
WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #958
Hull

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie

This may help
Thanks otie, is that around the pools then?
Hull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #959
Kanto
Roof height crusader

I think everybody has the right to have his/her opinions and to post them. However, I think there is no reason to fight here. I have my opinion and other folks have their opinions, that is the end of it and so this discussion about opinions shall end too.
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #960
obits

Likes (Received): 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnapp1 View Post
This one is for Kanto. Still think it's a toilet? And we still haven't seen the center void lit or the Name Plaques yet.

http://twitter.com/#!/WTCProgress

http://t.co/lr5Y7SD
oh my god...

Tags
world trade center