daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 29th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #61
Marwel

Likes (Received): 127

Excellent information.
I Love Amsterdam
Marwel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:28 AM   #62
Mr_Dru

Likes (Received): 554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alargule View Post
Already covered here.
Yes I see, it covers your metro section. But in my opinion, there aren't a lot of threads about the Amsterdam public transportation.
So I think it's logical and convenient to show all the public transportation in one thread.
Mr_Dru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #63
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2091

Could a mod please merge the Amsterdam threads then?

Thank you
Old October 1st, 2010, 01:47 AM   #64
deasine
=)

Likes (Received): 57

All done. Amsterdam is actually listed on the Thread Finder. Please try to make sure your city is not listed before you start a thread.
deasine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #65
xlchris
Not much

Likes (Received): 202

@Mr_Dru thanks for putting all the info together
Old October 11th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #66
xlchris
Not much

Likes (Received): 202

New metrostation u/c at RAI/Europaplein on the North / South line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Scraper View Post

"Station Europaplein komt vlak bij de hoofdingang van de RAI. Het station krijgt 2 ingangen: één ter hoogte van de Hollandhal en één bij de Europahal." (bron: http://www.noordzuidlijn.amsterdam.n...ge/europaplein)

Deze dingen dus, lijkt me:

Van dichterbij:

[IMG]http://t0.************/images?q=tbn:5fS8PrMwkWl6kM:http://www.amsterdamrai.com/images/rai/europaplein_artist_impress.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

Naar beneden, door de poortjes en weer naar beneden:

En dat ziet er nu zo uit

Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM   #67
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dru View Post
Some houses didn't survive the drilling under the ground
I don't know if i should be replying to an old post, but this is just untrue.

No houses were harmed in the drilling process so far.

Construction of one of the stations did cause damage to a few houses, but they did "survive" (i.e. they did not collapse and are not beyond repair).
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:51 PM   #68
Wuppeltje

Likes (Received): 968

Damage to the houses were caused by a leak in the construction of one of the stations. A leak between connections of diafram walls. The houses dropped up to 23 centimeter at the corner within 30 minutes in 2008.

They recently leveled and jackup the houses. Soon enough there is no damage to be seen to the outside with the exception to any old damages.
Old January 29th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #69
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 14302

amazing project

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 07:26 PM   #70
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21247

Major cuts in public transports in Amsterdam

From DutchNews Portal:

Amsterdam faces major public transport cuts

Amsterdam's public transport company GVB will have to slash routes, weekend and evening services next year because of city council funding cuts, transport executive Eric Wiebes says in an interview with Tuesday's Parool.

The city plans to cut spending on public transport by €13m in 2012. 'These are hefty cuts and lots of Amsterdammers will be hit,' Wiebes told the paper.

In future years, if planned savings go ahead, six of the 16 tram lines will be cut, as will 20 out of 44 bus routes, Wiebes said. 'We can't save much on maintenance and infrastructure so the money will have to come from day-to-day running costs,' Wiebes told the paper.

The coalition agreement includes a deal to cut spending on public transport by a total €120m a year from 2013 to 2017 in Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam.

The government says this can be achieved by putting public transport services out to tender, but all three cities are opposed, saying they have already slashed spending and boosted efficiency.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:17 AM   #71
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5762

Cutting 6 out of 16 tram routes?

That is absurd. Maybe it's just a threat by GVB to restore municipal funding. Netherlands has one of the best economies in Europe; I don't understand why this would be happening.

Would these cuts lead to some stretches of track no longer being served by any trams? There are many stops on the Amsterdam trams served by multiple routes, so perhaps they can cut routes but still make sure that all places continue to have some level of service.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:54 AM   #72
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
Cutting 6 out of 16 tram routes?
And 20 out of 44 bus lines. But cutting a route would not mean removing the tracks, just cutting a service (as it is mostly known in English).

Quote:
That is absurd. Maybe it's just a threat by GVB to restore municipal funding. Netherlands has one of the best economies in Europe; I don't understand why this would be happening.
Farebox recovery rates are too low in Amsterdam. Students can ride the system for free either during weekdays or weekends. Many companies buy cheap monthly passes for their workers, particularly those (not many) near the Canal Belt, where parking costs as much as € 500/month.

Netherlands has, right now, the 3rd highest per-capita income in Europe and the lowest unemployment rate. Nonetheless, the government wants to cut deficit and part of those saving have to come from public transportation, deemed not as efficient as the never-heard-before increase on highway expansion (€ 13 billions next 7 years).

Apparently, Netherlands is taking the lead in investing money where it is more effective: on highways, that carry 73% of the km-passenger trips made by motor vehicles in the country.

Quote:
Would these cuts lead to some stretches of track no longer being served by any trams? There are many stops on the Amsterdam trams served by multiple routes, so perhaps they can cut routes but still make sure that all places continue to have some level of service.
That is what is likely to happen. Compared to - say - Rotterdam or UTrecht, Amsterdam has many superimposed routes meant to facilitate traffic. Many bus routes are redundant, they just want to carry passengers in a circular pattern without the need for many connections (overstappen) in downtown. So I think what is likely to happen is a reduction on services for any given area, without actually living any neighborhood without services - that would be politically unfeasible.

Many services linking outskirts-to-outskirts will likely be cut, requiring passengers to take more heavily used routes and make more connections if they are travelling in non-radial patterns. But some of those services are ridiculous, indeed: despite many frequent trains to Schiphol Airport, there are many buses going there so passengers can avoid making a bus-train connection.

Major cuts, however, will come on evening and weekend service. It was about time: the extensive night bus network hemorrhages money and it is way beyond what would be reasonable, even if it costs more than the regular fare and passes do not apply to them. To have one night bus carrying 4-10 people every half an hour, all night long, is just insane.

But let's see how things develop.

Construction of the north-south metro line will not be affected as it comes from a different budget (capital investments, not operational expenses budget). Indeed, one of the consequences of this shift would be a sharp increase in subway utilization, with reorganization of bus routes that would end in subway stations instead of running more-or-less along them.

Diversion to road traffic should not be a concern: majority of users of PT in Amsterdam don't have a car anyway, and even if they did, traffic from suburbs of Amsterdam Metro already is much bigger than any diversion to road caused by degraded local service.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:23 PM   #73
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5762

I can't believe that parking in downtown Amsterdam can cost 500 euro a month. That's probably the price to rent a studio on the outskirts of town.

Maybe they should cut the trams to Sloterdijk. That area is already served by both the metro and commuter rail to Haarlem.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:50 PM   #74
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
I can't believe that parking in downtown Amsterdam can cost 500 euro a month. That's probably the price to rent a studio on the outskirts of town.
Examples of prices to Park at the underground garage at Museumplein.

Quote:
7x24 Ma t/m zondag, 24 uur per dag € 460,38
Kantoor Ma t/m vrijdag, 07.00 - 19.00 uur € 322,71
Nacht Ma t/m zondag, 17.00 - 10.00 uur € 162,56
So it costs € 460 for a 24/7 parking spot there. Day tickets there cost whopping € 44,-.

Things get worse if you want a permanent parking spot near the Dam Square (where is almost impossible to find street parking):

Quote:
7x24 Ma t/m zondag, 24 uur per dag € 892,16
Kantoor Ma t/m vrijdag, 07.00 - 19.00 uur € 623,40
Can you believe on this theft? € 892,16 per month! Never mind while big companies employing white-collar decent paying jobs fled the Canal Belt, leaving it to tourist-related and retail only business.

On this same parking lot, daily ticket cost € 50, 44min ticket costs € 4,00. That is almost € 0,10/minute. Fortunately, with the construction of a new subway line they will also add 1500 parking spaces there, which should drive these prices down.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:32 PM   #75
Dase

Likes (Received): 61

^ Your mixing things up, yet again. The big companies left because it was not possible to create the amount of offices they require as almost no space for vast office complexes is available within the canal belt.

The parking prices are as high as they are to prevent people from coming into the city with their cars to avoid clogging up the roads even more. That worked very good and there are very good alternatives, like the P+R system which is considered one of the best in Europe. Using them is cheaper and mich more time-effective (prime example is the Parking space at the Zuiderseeweg) than entering the city with the car.
Dase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 04:56 PM   #76
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 4386

indeed. P+R is d best solution to park your car and u will get a return tram pass to d city for free.
World 2 World está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #77
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3444

The new trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans ® View Post
Weet niet of ze hier al waren geplaatst, ik verwacht van wel maar vond niet zo snel. Kwam via Google tegen op wikipedia, http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metromaterieel_M5/M6

Een mock-up van de toekomstige metro:

Extrieur:

Interieur:
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #78
Ni3lS

N/Z Line: Station Ceintuurbaan

Update by Wuppeltje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuppeltje View Post
Vorige week donderdag nog even station Ceintuurbaan bezocht. Meer progressie geboekt dan ik mij had voorgesteld. Aan de ene kant van het station zijn de voorzetwanden van 80cm bijna allemaal af, nu wordt er vooral gewerkt aan de andere kant met zo'n 40 mensen. Voor deze volgorde is gekozen omdat het station erg smal is en je dus snel elkaar in de weg zit.

1. Rechts de westzijde en links de oostzijde. Links komen de liften en roltrappen. Je staat hier op het bovenste perron.
image hosted on flickr

Station Ceintuurbaan by wuppeltje, on Flickr

2. Het beton wat aan het dak van het onderste perron zit dat net iets lager is dan de rest moet er nog uit voor de roltrappen en liften.
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

7. Op het bovenste perron aan de Noordzijde. Hier zal in de toekomst een van de tunnelboormachines beginnen richting Vijzelgracht.
image hosted on flickr

[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old April 8th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #79
Ni3lS

N/Z Line: Station Zuid

Update by Mojito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojito View Post
En de kanaalplaten voor het te verbreden noordelijke perron zijn inmiddels geplaatst:

(Was best lastig om deze foto te maken want een EOS past toch wat lastiger door dat ene afwijkende en grofmaziger stukje hek dan de IXUS waarmee ik mijn vorige update uit post #4 schoot )

Hopelijk komt hier, en over het bestaande deel van het perron, net zo'n zakelijk grijze laag over als bij de Oostlijnstations. Dan zie je de naden van oud en nieuw niet meer en ziet het geheel er meteen een stukje netter uit.
Old April 8th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #80
Ni3lS

N/Z Line: Central Station

Update by the runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by the runner View Post
Er werd vandaag gebaggerd in de bouwput.
[IMG]http://i54.************/e8r1us.jpg[/IMG]

Tags
amsterdam, public transport