daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Czech Forum > Projects and Construction

Projects and Construction Projekty a stavby

Old December 23rd, 2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Surel

Likes (Received): 670

Zlín construction projects

What do you guys think about this one? I don't know Zlín to judge. At first I rather liked it, but after looking closer I realized that it is actually again a huge block, that doesn't provide much of a street and city creation, which I think is a pity, especially if they plan the station nearby.

http://zlin.idnes.cz/bourani-batovsk...lin-zpravy_ras

Looking at this. Maybe it won't be that bad.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 24th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #2
Moravak

Likes (Received): 80

This project is what Zlín need and waiting for.. I Know Zlín very well and its lovely Tomáš Baťa town. Btw girls are there so pretty :-) These old blocks were empty and it wasnt look good.Iam glad that this bring life under 21 skyscraper.

It looks like dream for Zlín. Design is decent

Is it me or the grey running mans on the wall of the building looks like Deckard from Blade Runner (my favourite movie of all time) i hope they put it on it

Last edited by Moravak; December 24th, 2013 at 05:35 AM.
Moravak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #3
lukasHa

Likes (Received): 7

Yes, this area needed it badly. Better some new blocks that fit in than brownfields (Zlin has enough refurbished Bata style buildings, some new will do the area good). Yeah, Blade Runner is also my all-time fav :-) I hope the design stays like that
lukasHa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #4
Tramfreak
ΔE = hv

The design is very nice and it respects the original urban setting, but I am wondering what all those people are doing in the space around it, especially in the second picture. Staring at a brick wall? Why no restaurants and cafés (and coffeeshops - always good for the atmosphere) on the outer side of the block? Why are people forced to eat and drink inside in some closed-up foodcourt when the weather is nice? I think that it's extremely difficult to bring some life into a huge brownfield like this one, and this might not be the right way to achieve that. In my home town they're trying to transform a similar brownfield into a trendy neighborhood, but despite all the übercreative ideas, it's still hard to get things moving.

Frimi, Surel liked this post
Tramfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #5
Surel

Likes (Received): 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramfreak View Post
The design is very nice and it respects the original urban setting, but I am wondering what all those people are doing in the space around it, especially in the second picture. Staring at a brick wall? Why no restaurants and cafés (and coffeeshops - always good for the atmosphere) on the outer side of the block? Why are people forced to eat and drink inside in some closed-up foodcourt when the weather is nice? I think that it's extremely difficult to bring some life into a huge brownfield like this one, and this might not be the right way to achieve that. In my home town they're trying to transform a similar brownfield into a trendy neighborhood, but despite all the übercreative ideas, it's still hard to get things moving.
Exactly my thoughts! Well put. I see it it multiple Czech cities and I understand it, it's better for the shopping profits, but I don't feel it is that good for the cities.

I like the design as well and it fits Zlín, one of few cities with a brick architecture in the Czech Republic, i don't know about the application though.

Last edited by Surel; January 11th, 2014 at 11:48 PM.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: