daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 10th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #1
CoCoMilk

Likes (Received): 1131

NANNING | Tianlong Fortune Center | 330m | 1083ft | 70 fl | U/C

NANNING 南宁

Tianlong Fortune Center 天龙财富中心

Location of Nanning

Source
http://www.fgffdc.cn/Html/Article/20...156_10475.html
http://news.sina.com.cn/c/p/2010-06-...20453250.shtml
http://chinainfra.hktdc.com/show.asp?id=1800

Google Translation of the article (Sina)
Quote:
Nanning will build over 450 meters tall

News Guangxi Nanning, June 10 (Reporter has blue Xiao) June 10, Nanning Planning Authority, the Canton real estate limited liability company Xi Wei Zhuang Nanning, Guangxi Wharton International Hotel, third floor auditorium held a "Dragon Wealth Center "high-rise project conceptual design for its achievements exhibition program. The country and the world's top architectural design units gathered in Nanning, Nanning City landmark building for the design of fierce contention. It is understood that Dragon Fortune Plaza project will be widely Xi Wei Zhuang Group to invest 40 billion in the second half start of the project. Building height over 450 meters, 92 storeys, will be completed within 5 years.

It is understood that began in March 2010, Nanning Municipal Planning Authority, the Canton real estate limited liability company Xi Wei Zhuang Online common public assembly in the conceptual design of units at home and abroad. After all the application units of the pre-qualification, the global industry from the well-known high-rise design, design performance, firm size, technical capacity and experience in architectural design expertise in areas such as analysis and comparison, the final selection of the most consistent with the requirements of the project for collection 5 home design sector participation in the project conceptual design of the program solicitation. The internationally renowned design agency top Wharton today gathered in Nanning Hotel, expand the "Dragon Fortune Plaza" conceptual design "five into three" competition. To ensure that the authority of scientific assessment results, the construction units have invited relevant domestic high prestige and influence as the assessment of experts will judge, governmental departments and agencies throughout the community supervision and oversight.

Dragon Fortune Plaza in Nanning City as a regional landmark, the integration of cultural elements between China and ASEAN. In the architectural style and design aspects of effective expression of Nanning City, the "China and ASEAN regional international city" development strategy based in Guangxi Nanning show for the whole country and across Southeast Asia regional international city development goals. Project with the development of national strategies to better investment environment in Guangxi, the introduction of the ASEAN 10 countries representative of the enterprise, full of China - ASEAN free trade zone enterprises highlight the function hall.

Denon combined wealth of Nanning City Centre "China and ASEAN regional international city" development strategy, actively occupying, will target customers in financial, trade, meetings, travel four mainstream market, with five-star hotel zone, Grade A office space high-level tourist area, conference center, the ASEAN Free Trade Area corporate pavilions, high-end clubs are financial securities trading floor, leisure and living area health centers and other functions to meet the high financial and trade conference in Nanning, tourism and other markets. Therefore, the Design Centre to consider Denon wealth "eight functional areas" features, architectural style and design should be coordinated with the various functional areas, and to reflect market positioning Dragon Fortune Center and features. It is foreseeable that a financial ASEAN countries and Chinese culture, modern commercial, construction of new technology, new technologies and new techniques in large-scale multifunctional architectural complex will be born.

In architectural form, the Dragon will create wealth and build the center of Nanning city building height, and a landmark of Nanning urban land consolidation. Therefore, the project planning to consider landmark shape and design shall conform to the new city center and the rapid development of new urban area of Nanning expansion in history. In investment, the project will rely on strong private capital strength of China, to build Nanning modern business "Wealth Center" to demonstrate the unique green city of Nanning City, the new style of Watertown.

Items from the feature set on a high-level tourist resort, leisure and living health center, five-star hotel areas. Office area will be introduced at the same time the company settled a famous tourist office, the base is located in the high-level regional location and close to the bus station exit, with the tourist center of geographical advantages. The project will comprehensively promote Nanning as the "China - ASEAN Tourism major multinational development" hot cities for all guests to provide quality, efficient, warm and thoughtful business services, tourism, promote the regional tourism economy of Nanning scientific development by leaps and bounds.

Wei Zhuang company expects to achieve in five years time, Dragon Centre, the completion of wealth, although the project planning of 450 meters above the super-high, but Wei Zhuang said, the building height is not the end of their quest to create a full display of the China-ASEAN Culture and could be unique to the green water city of Nanning new construction quality is the highest goal we pursue.

To ensure long-term sustainable development projects and the future of radiation effects, Wei Zhuang companies require major architectural design agencies should next five years, ten years leading the development of China-ASEAN modern business concept to planning design, architectural design programs in the fully reflect the characteristics, such as the China-ASEAN cultural elements, while building toward the light, landscape view, the use of vertical transportation, building style of performance and other factors must be considered and balanced attention to the important land and buildings surrounding the overall coordination, creativity in selecting the optimal program on the basis of full consideration to reduce project impact on the surrounding environment, and ensure that project the individual and the common development of the surrounding environment as a whole.

"Dragon Fortune Center Project" site is located at Nanning City Minzu Road, 180. Langdong block east bus station, west of the room Ascot Park, north positive ethnic Avenue, south to Qinglin Road, parcel land area of 17,365 square meters, total construction area of about 300,000 square meters, 92 floors above floor , building height over 450 meters.
Design Proposal - List of firms involved

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Design# 1 from M.Arthur Gensler Jr.&Associates, Inc

Quote:
Design# 2 from Wilkinson Eyre Architects

Quote:
Design# 3 from John Portman & Associates

Quote:
Design# 4 from Murphy Jahn Architects,LLC

Quote:
Design# 5 from GMP Architekten

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by CoCoMilk; June 10th, 2010 at 10:13 PM.
CoCoMilk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #2
CoCoMilk

Additional images merged with the post above

P.S first time beating Z0rg and Scion?

Last edited by CoCoMilk; June 10th, 2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #3
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15913

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoMilk View Post

P.S first time beating Z0rg and Scion?
I hate you!!

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #4
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

@CoCoMilk, you should post all the renders in this thread in the first post. Put them in order (by proposal) and I'll delete the other posts then. This has become a mess

Old June 10th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #5
CoCoMilk

haha nice pictures :P

Edits: Okay i'm putting renders to the first post

Last edited by CoCoMilk; June 10th, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #6
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

I tried to count the floors. Of course this is likely to include mech/refugee floors.
Gensler: 90-100 floors, even excluding what it seems to be a huge obv deck with no less than 8 accessible floors.
Wilkinson Eyre. 110-115 floors.
Portman: I don't know, very hard to count, but likely 100+ floors.
Murphy/Jahn. Clearly around 110.
GMP: 93, excluding 4 mech rooms on the top above the top real floor.

Old June 10th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #7
Rise To The Top
Future CiE and Architect

Likes (Received): 88

These are all terrible designs. I honestly expected better from Gensler and JPA. I have better designs in my portfolio that would slap all of these.
Rise To The Top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #8
CoCoMilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
These are all terrible designs. I honestly expected better from Gensler and JPA. I have better designs in my portfolio that would slap all of these.
This is in the first stage, where 5 firms are being selected, two will be eliminated during the second stage, then to the last stage of choosing the prime design.

5 > 3 > 1

I would said during these stages, some designs might altered or changed.
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #9
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Wilkinson Eyre and Portman are stunning, only GMP is ugly.

Old June 11th, 2010, 12:31 AM   #10
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

All designs are nice in my mind. GMP is bizzare, but I think it would be cool to see built.
Old June 11th, 2010, 02:20 AM   #11
Scion

Likes (Received): 4248

Awesome!
Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #12
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon

Likes (Received): 678

Design# 5 Look cool!! I like Design# 3 and 4
> 同一个做夢
> 同一个中国
(同一个北京)(同一个上海)(同一个天津)(同一个广州)(同一个深圳)(同一个重庆)(同一个杭州)(同一个南京)(同一个沈陽)(同一个武汉)(同一个成都)(同一个長春)(同一个长沙)(同一个苏州)(同一个无锡)(同一个扬州)(同一个西安)(同一个吉林)(同一个青島)(同一个大连)(同一个厦门)(同一个潮州)(同一个高州)(同一个香港)(同一个澳門)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I LoVe ChInA
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #13
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Minimum height: 500m.
http://news.163.com/10/0611/10/68T1EMR3000146BD.html

Old June 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #14
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

I love design 3...Gensler has huge spire...Not cool...Other designs are too boxy...
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #15
scalziand
Naugatuckian

Likes (Received): 181

Tried counting the Portman one and it seems to be 120-130.
scalziand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:27 PM   #16
CoCoMilk

Call me crazy but i kinda like Gensler's design, those box towers doesn't look very iconic and design #3 reminds me of those Shanghai and Suzhou...the last design is too random.

Anyway if Gensler's design is picked, then the height should at least increase another 100m cuz of the spire.
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #17
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Oh wow, some good looking designs here, especially M.Arthur Gensler Jr.&Associates, Inc's design look good on the renderings.
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #18
yangkhm

Likes (Received): 172

It is the amazing tower............

Romantic Music
yangkhm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #19
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Wow, they said Gensler, GMP and Portman passed to the second round. I can't believe GMP passed, lol. When are they announcing the final plan?

Old June 13th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #20
CoCoMilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
Wow, they said Gensler, GMP and Portman passed to the second round. I can't believe GMP passed, lol. When are they announcing the final plan?
LOL GMP :P and none of the boxes make it through.

According to this source:

Quote:
6月10日,楼层92层以上,楼宇高度450米以上的南宁新地标建筑——威壮·天龙财富中心超高层项目概念性方案设计国际征集成果展示会在广西南宁沃顿国际大酒店三楼多功能厅召开,五家全国乃至全球的顶尖建筑设计单位齐聚南宁,为南宁市新地标建筑设计方案展开“五进三”的竞争,展示会由南宁市规划管理局、广西威壮房地产有限责任公司共同召开。“三进一”最终方案将在7月份落定
Final design will be picked around July.