daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Old February 11th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #661
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 974

i saw d proposed MRT station at KL sentral before. if im not mistaken it will integrate with d monorail in front of NU sentral
World 2 World está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 11th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #662
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1781

Quote:
Originally Posted by allurban View Post
MRT Open Day on 13 February at MidValley Convention Centre

The website is http://www.kvmrt.com.my/ - presumably, all the info will be uploaded by Monday.
Klang Valley MRT open day
Friday February 11, 2011
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.as...66&sec=central

The Klang Valley MRT Open Day, to be held on Sunday at Exhibition Hall 3, Mid Valley Convention Centre from 10am to 9pm will kickstart a three-month public display of the Sungai Buloh-Kajang line.

The event will highlight a 40ft satellite image featuring the proposed alignment of the 51km line consisting of 35 stations running from Sungai Buloh to Kajang.

The open day will be followed by a public display at seven locations for three months from Feb 14 to May 14.

The locations are at the premises of the Kuala Lumpur City Hall, Petaling Jaya City Council, Shah Alam City Council, Selayang Municipal Council and Kajang Municipal Council as well as at Bangsar LRT Station and the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) office in Menara Dayabumi.

SPAD chairman Tan Sri Syed Hamid Albar said the public should take this opportunity to visit the display and provide constructive feedback for SPAD to evaluate and act accordingly.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #663
idiamindada
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by World 2 World View Post
i saw d proposed MRT station at KL sentral before. if im not mistaken it will integrate with d monorail in front of NU sentral
yup, it was posted before....
idiamindada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #664
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 974

World 2 World está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #665
lohxy

Likes (Received): 21

So we have to walk bengkang-bengkok to reach KL Sentral.
lohxy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 03:18 AM   #666
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiamindada View Post
I made the comment after i visited their website, bro. You can read that 'TRANSIT says' part that sounds like politician is speaking. The language they use, all sounds politicians....
TRANSIT has to deal with politicians so we have to speak their language.

Otherwise, how to get the message across?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daijoubu View Post
i'll second this.. transit should be more unbiased towards their comments. tho i wont say they sounded like politicians, but more of politically inclined. some of the comments did make me raise my eye brows. i am aware of their purpose, and ive been following them even before that website was up. the recent 'juxtaposition' post was very subtly written and we all know where that heading to.

my 2 cents la
the juxtaposition post was not meant to be subtle - it was a straight out observation & comment on the placement of the MRT Public Display notice - which was definitely not a coincidence.

We want the government & all politicians of all sides to be on notice that the public are aware of the way that ideas can be spun and announcements can be placed and action & inaction can happen.

As the new phrase goes, "Little Brother is Watching You"

Frankly, our only bias is towards building the best public transport system for Malaysia, making the best use of the money that we have, as soon as it is possible. We cannot & will not compromise on that.

Cheers, m

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 03:20 AM   #667
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by World 2 World View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohxy View Post
So we have to walk bengkang-bengkok to reach KL Sentral.
from what I can surmise, the MRT will actually not be following the same route through NU Sentral - but I guess we find out tomorrow.

Cheers, m

w. http://transitmy.org
e. klangvalley.transit@gmail.com
tw. http://twitter.com/transitmy
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRANSI...12392362108880
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #668
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1781

I heard that there will be almost underground stations in city centre then maybe you'll get subway station around KL Sentral according to this route map
Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:13 AM   #669
asd5139

Likes (Received): 23

true.. and from the alignment we can say that the 'kl sentral' station is pretty far from the actual kl sentral station and no sign of integration with the monorail too... no blue circle in the map.
asd5139 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #670
silentreader

Likes (Received): 0

This train looks nice. Anyone know the model of this train?
silentreader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #671
kenni-c

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd5139 View Post
true.. and from the alignment we can say that the 'kl sentral' station is pretty far from the actual kl sentral station and no sign of integration with the monorail too... no blue circle in the map.
In fact, the station is so close to Muzium Negara it should be named as such to avoid confusion like how the separate LRT and KTM stations Salak Selatan and Sentul have created. Although there will be a proposed pedestrian link, it will in my opinion, create a situation like the Monorail KL Sentral. What a misleading naming system.

Imagine the disappointment you will face when you only get to know you have to walk 20 minutes from MRT KL Sentral to Monorail KL Sentral upon arrival at the station despite the seemingly convenient transfer as depicted in the transit map.

Also, I don't see a direct interchange station of the MRT with the Sri Petaling line (the nearest being at Merdeka changing to Plaza Rakyat ala BktNanas-Dang Wangi). Otherwise you will have to change at Maluri then change at ChanSowLin.. What a hassle..

All in all, I realise that while the alignment and the areas the MRT will serve is pretty well executed (especially in the city centre) the effectiveness of interchange is still very questionable. So far I only see that Pasar Seni and Maluri are well integrated to the network, apart from the terminals with KTM.
kenni-c no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #672
kenni-c

Likes (Received): 5

I see that there will be interesting development in the Pasar Rakyat and Cochrane areas. The controversial KLIFD will probably dominate the Pasar Rakyat area but I'm quite interested in what's gonna happen in Cochrane.

From the open day, I heard that a downtown IKEA is planned and the surrounding area will be gentrified like Bandar Utama.
kenni-c no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #673
ericyong

Likes (Received): 6

there's more on my blog too!!!!!!!

also check out my "ProjectKL2020" section for some property insiders, my work, properties in KL and generally anything and everything on PROPERTY.
ericyong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #674
patchay

Likes (Received): 1078

it will be nice if they make it 60km... short of another 9km.

Put more stations in KL area and bypass Current Corporate Offices areas pls. Example: in front of Wisma Genting.

Bandar Sg Long, Damansara Uptown/Tropicana City deserve stations. Why not start in Kepong to Sungai Buloh KTM then to Kajang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchay View Post
I was there for longgg................................. and even got interviewed by NST... I said everything is GOOD but still can IMPROVE.

Anyway here's Patchay's Concluding Comments:

1. No mention of Sg Buloh ITT transport hub (for North)

2. Spoken to Mutiara Damansara resident who not too happy with the line so close to homes. I think more info need to be provided to affected residents.

3. The Curve and 1Utama stations seem to be "too close". Would love if See Hoy Chan proposed to integrate both stations into 1 at the Central Park carpark area since New Wing and IKEA will not be too far. This will further become a transport hub for express coaches going to Genting, Singapore and the new KLIA2 (AirAsia bus hub in PJ).

4. Was told it's difficult to get into Damansara Uptown and Tropicana City area since there's no road reserve, 2 ramps and dangerous turns at bottleneck.

5. No mention how KL Sentral station will be linked to the "real KL Sentral Station" or even Nu Sentral and Monorail. It is not an integrated stop and hopefully there'll be a Mid Valley-The Gardens ala bridge that cuts through QSENTRAL OR ST REGIS.

6. Warisan Merdeka 100-storey building was mentioned and shown.

7. Why the need for 2 stations at Bukit Bintang? According to KVMRT ppl, there's huge traffic. No integration with Monorail there.

8. I hope they change Pasar Rakyat name to KLIFD in the future.

9. You may change Taman Bukit Mewah to Taman Midah for commercial/marketing purposes.

10. MISTAKE! Taman Suntex come first before Taman Cuepacs???? I tot is another way round. (Cheras ppl pls clarify?)

11. I think Bandar Sg Long deserve a station. Lotsa young and students there.

12. The name "Bandar Kajang" and "Kajang" is confusing.

13. NO indication of station length and no indication of FUTURE EXPANSION.

14. NO indication of INTEGRATION with FUTURE MRT Lines.

(pls correct my mistakes and share ideas?)

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:20 AM   #675
idiamindada
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

i can see there will be a KLIFD MRT station. so they are serious about that KLIFD huh?

---------------------

Pat, although KLIFD gonna be a major project, the name 'Pasar Rakyat' is easier to pronounce
idiamindada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 06:43 AM   #676
bukhrin

Likes (Received): 53

Too close to Plaza Rakyat. Brings not so good memories.
bukhrin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #677
patchay

Likes (Received): 1078

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiamindada View Post
i can see there will be a KLIFD MRT station. so they are serious about that KLIFD huh?

---------------------

Pat, although KLIFD gonna be a major project, the name 'Pasar Rakyat' is easier to pronounce

KLIFD is a relocation of financial firms to what is known as "KL Wall Street". A more simple example is Singapore's Shenton Way. Probably our Wall Street can be very famous as Islamic Finance Centre with all the nation flags flying along the "financial boulevard" and rows and rows of Merc, BMW.

Btw if you translate Wall Street to Bahasa you'll get Jalan Dinding!

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #678
kl 2020 ideas

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchay View Post
KLIFD is a relocation of financial firms to what is known as "KL Wall Street". A more simple example is Singapore's Shenton Way. Probably our Wall Street can be very famous as Islamic Finance Centre with all the nation flags flying along the "financial boulevard" and rows and rows of Merc, BMW.

Btw if you translate Wall Street to Bahasa you'll get Jalan Dinding!
Well, KL Wall Street is a excellent idea to start up with. And true, the translation of Wall Street is Jalan Dinding. The fact we do really need a version of Wall Street. Or we can be like London's Paternoster Square.
kl 2020 ideas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #679
bukhrin

Likes (Received): 53

OK, the area near Masjid Jamek where we have all the Banks HQ was called Jalan Benteng. Not sure if anyone still remember that tho. Probably translate to English as Embankment, but close enough larr I guess
bukhrin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #680
dengilo

Likes (Received): 710

Dont overlook the river too a good part of the tunnel from masjid jamek to kampung bahru is right under the river!!!
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
kuala lumpur, rail