daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 09:57 AM   #581
Pals_RGB
Resigned

Likes (Received): 8054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguyz View Post
Years down the line this vew wil look awesome

Clearing of site going on in lower left corner

Thats the site of Lodha's Bluemoon project (site prep). Six towers of 78 floors is gonna be epic.

Abinash89 liked this post
Pals_RGB no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2013, 10:05 AM   #582
Pals_RGB
Resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
never believe wikipedia on skyscraper news

CTBUH has it listed on 2015 for now, which seems more realistic, but still probably only a guess. end dates are always hard to figure out since a lot can happen.
Even CTBUH is not reliable esp for Asian cities, srry.

pteranodon liked this post
Old August 3rd, 2013, 12:47 PM   #583
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8235

i also didn't say it was, but it is more reliable than wikipedia, and the date ctbuh mentions is realistic as i said, which is not always the case.

KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:00 PM   #584
Pals_RGB
Resigned

Quote:
i also didn't say it was, but it is more reliable than wikipedia, and the date ctbuh mentions is realistic as i said, which is not always the case.
Well i was actually referring abt CTBUH database records. Most of the skyscraper projects of asian cities aren't listed there.(i can show you many examples) Emporis is also same. Atleast wiki has those. And abt World one's completion date, if everythng goes well, then by 2016 it should be completed.

pteranodon, n20 liked this post
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:07 PM   #585
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

i am working on the SSP database and therefor really know the problem. even for only supertalls CTBUH has only limited resources and it always comes back to looking if we have threads for buildings not in the database and what status they are. but sometimes even here information on buildings is scrace, we for example still do not know which of the two height for united international mansion in chongqing is final although it is already completed. and a lot of buildings just disappear without cancellation, which also makes it quite hard to know what buildings really are proposed and which are already on the death bed.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM   #586
Vito Corleone

Likes (Received): 324

If anyone sees that a definite project is not listed in the CTBUH database, they would be more than welcome to receive information:

http://skyscrapercenter.com/share.php

In the past couple of years, most of their resources have been focused on running conferences than keeping the Skyscraper Center database up-to-date.

Pals_RGB, pteranodon, n20, TowerVerre:) liked this post
Vito Corleone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:05 PM   #587
Pals_RGB
Resigned

Killerzavatar, i've put these two links to give you an idea what it is all abt. That wiki list for completed buildings is 99% accurate and updated.

Wikipedia - List of tallest buildings in Mumbai (again see the completed buildings only )

vs

CTBUH database for tallest building in Mumbai, completed only

See the differnce. Even some existing buildings are not listed on CTBUH. I would like to see an explanation abt this (not even 50% accuracy figures) from you since u r working for ssp databases.

Last edited by Pals_RGB; August 8th, 2013 at 05:55 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:42 PM   #588
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

currently only working on getting all supertalls world wide collected. i am very surprised to hear wikipedia's list is updated, that's a rare occurance, although i hear that german wikipedia is also quite good on skyscraper information.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:50 PM   #589
Vito Corleone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pals_RGB View Post
Killerzavatar, i've put these two links to give you an idea what it is all abt. That wiki list is 99% accurate and updated.

Wikipedia - List of tallest buildings in Mumbai (see the completed buildings )

vs

CTBUH database for tallest building in Mumbai, completed only

See the differnce. Even some existing buildings are not listed on CTBUH. I would like to see an explanation abt this (not even 50% accuracy figures) from you since u r working for ssp databases.
I just did a quick check on that Wikipedia list. I don't think Kohinoor Square has completed yet, and even if The Ruby has completed by now, it certainly wasn't completed in 2011. I will check on more and make sure that the CTBUH gets updated.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:57 PM   #590
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Vito, are you working on the CTBUH database yourself? if so does CTBUH has a different guideline of adding buildings than SSC and SSP. it looks to me it has a stricter guideline, because when they report news about a project they normally do not immediatly add the building, but wait until they have more information it seems.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 04:10 PM   #591
Vito Corleone

Quote:

Vito, are you working on the CTBUH database yourself? if so does CTBUH has a different guideline of adding buildings than SSC and SSP. it looks to me it has a stricter guideline, because when they report news about a project they normally do not immediatly add the building, but wait until they have more information it seems.
Yes, I work on the CTBUH database. The CTBUH does have certain guidelines that may differ from other sources. First, a project has to have some kind of foundation work going on (not just a hole in the ground), before it is considered as under construction. As far as calling a building completed goes, it has to be topped out, fully clad and at least occupiable. Also, a building cannot be officially ranked unless it has a status of "completed." (This was changed 5 years ago. The original criteria stated that a building could be listed in the official rankings when it topped out).

In most cases, projects have to be verified for accuracy, and have enough information before they are added. That may explain why there are scores of proposals that haven't been added yet. Information is far from complete on buildings less than 150 m. tall, since they currently don't have enough manpower to maintain that many projects.

KillerZavatar, pteranodon, n20 liked this post

Last edited by Vito Corleone; August 3rd, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 09:53 PM   #592
pteranodon

Likes (Received): 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Corleone View Post
As far as calling a building completed goes, it has to be topped out, fully clad and at least occupiable.
Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel cannot be fully clad and hence cannot be completed because there are two cranes mounted on the wall.

n20 liked this post
pteranodon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #593
Vito Corleone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteranodon View Post
Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel cannot be fully clad and hence cannot be completed because there are two cranes mounted on the wall.
Good catch! Unfortunately my hands are tied on this one, since the CTBUH claimed that it was one of the 20 tallest buildings completed in 2012.

Old August 4th, 2013, 04:54 AM   #594
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

Quote:
I just did a quick check on that Wikipedia list. I don't think Kohinoor Square has completed yet, and even if The Ruby has completed by now, it certainly wasn't completed in 2011. I will check on more and make sure that the CTBUH gets updated.
That list is for completed buildings and topped out buildings.

Quote:
Only completed buildings and under-construction buildings that have been topped out are included.

n20, pteranodon liked this post
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #595
Pals_RGB
Resigned

Quote:
Going by CTBUH rules Kohinoor square is not completed, it is topped out. But i thought t/o buildings are also included there, One world trade center & Macca royal tower clock both r t/o only, not completed yet.

p.s - Kohinoor square has two buildings, one 52 fl & 203m, another 33fl & 117m, taller one is t/o and shorter one u/c.

Edit (added) - except that KS project, all other projects in that wiki list are fully completed.

n20, Vito Corleone, pteranodon liked this post

Last edited by Pals_RGB; August 4th, 2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old August 4th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #596
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Good catch! Unfortunately my hands are tied on this one, since the CTBUH claimed that it was one of the 20 tallest buildings completed in 2012.
well it is already in use though. if in several years people look up when it was finished, reading anything else than 2012, would be misleading, since it was in use all the time, towering beautifully over the city and only one crane seemed to never leave its place

Old August 4th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #597
pteranodon

Likes (Received): 196

Quote:
well it is already in use though. if in several years people look up when it was finished, reading anything else than 2012, would be misleading, since it was in use all the time, towering beautifully over the city and only one crane seemed to never leave its place
I agree. I wanted to point out that CTBUH contradicts its own building status rules. Now CTBUH lists Shanghai Tower as topped out.

Last edited by pteranodon; August 5th, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
pteranodon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #598
UjaiDidida
Ruzaini Roosfa

Location: Kuala Lumpur Currently in: Johor Bahru From: Bandar Baru Bangi Favourite Food: Nasi Lemak
Likes (Received): 1813

waiting for the cladding
UjaiDidida no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #599
Vito Corleone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteranodon View Post
I agree. I wanted to point out that CTBUH contradicts its own building status rules. Now CTBUH lists Shanghai Tower as topped out.
http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/crea...=on&list_year=
Looks like some of the CTBUH staff members don't know how to check construction update photos. I changed it back.

Old August 6th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #600
MRIL

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pals_RGB View Post
Thats the site of Lodha's Bluemoon project (site prep). Six towers of 78 floors is gonna be epic.
Has it got all the sanctions ? I am asking about World One. Last heard some issues for sanctioning higher floors ??
MRIL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
madrid, mumbai