daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #41
Flawerwell

Likes (Received): 0

Fortunately Poland (after 1989) had twice atheist President. And you really don't understand Polish reality! I don't bother because of religious people, but because of aggressive influence of church on government.
- People want lessons about all religion in schools, church wants to teach only catholic - we have only catholic lessons.
- People want sexual education like in Western Europe, church wants no sexual education - we have only poor substitute of that education (fortunately we learn about anti-conception, not like in US only abstinence!)
- In a case of in vitro fertilization church uses really hateful language calling kids born thanks to this method as "kids without soul" or "Frankenstein's kids". For all people, who disagree with church, bishops said "They can only bark". Antisemitism among priests is nothing special. A priests in my aunt's village refused coming to dieing person because... the priest didn't want to damage his expensive car (the road was bad).
Of course all people (atheists and non-catholic too) have to pay for religion lessons, social securities for priests and catholic universities. So how can I respect church if it steals my money and overrides democracy to force its decisions. For my peers church is one of the worst institutions in the country.
Flawerwell no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #42
euromerican

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawerwell View Post
Fortunately Poland (after 1989) had twice atheist President. And you really don't understand Polish reality! I don't bother because of religious people, but because of aggressive influence of church on government.
- People want lessons about all religion in schools, church wants to teach only catholic - we have only catholic lessons.
- People want sexual education like in Western Europe, church wants no sexual education - we have only poor substitute of that education (fortunately we learn about anti-conception, not like in US only abstinence!)
- In a case of in vitro fertilization church uses really hateful language calling kids born thanks to this method as "kids without soul" or "Frankenstein's kids". For all people, who disagree with church, bishops said "They can only bark". Antisemitism among priests is nothing special. A priests in my aunt's village refused coming to dieing person because... the priest didn't want to damage his expensive car (the road was bad).
Of course all people (atheists and non-catholic too) have to pay for religion lessons, social securities for priests and catholic universities. So how can I respect church if it steals my money and overrides democracy to force its decisions. For my peers church is one of the worst institutions in the country.
1. What other religious lessons do you want? How to be a good Muslim? Please!

2. Sex education in Poland is fine. Trust me, I live in the United States and our sex-ed is waaaaaaaaaay behind yours. You learn about anti-conception. What more do you want?

3. As for in vitro fertilization: I agree, the Church should stay out of that. It's a personal choice and gives a woman that wants a baby hope. I think this will change in Poland tho.

4. "Antisemitism among priests is nothing special. A priests in my aunt's village refused coming to dieing person because... the priest didn't want to damage his expensive car (the road was bad)."

That's ant-semitic? And just caus that preist was an ass, all preists are? There are THOUSANDS of good priests that would do anything to help others. They go on missions to third world countries, give money to parishioners in need, and fight for the community. There are always gunna be rotten apples in a basket, so don't say "all preists are bad, selfish, and rape little boys", because that shows your uneducated and ignorant.

5. If you have a problem with your taxes going to religious education then why do you live in a country that is uber-Catholic? Seriously, move to Sweden where your taxes will go towards abortions, "intergrating" immigrants from the Middle East, and paying for their 10 children each to attend Muslim daycares. You choice
euromerican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #43
Flawerwell

History of church in America is completely different than in Europe, because in US since the beginning there was freedom of religion, in Europe church was ruling. It's the most important thing, I think. And in America small protestant churches have really engaged members. In Poland for many people going to church is rather only tradition. I don't know any person, who pray before dinner, what is popular in US. So more possible is that Poland will be similar to Ireland or Portugal, not to US.

According to Muslims - have you seen the new mosque, which is now being built in Warsaw for 10 000 believers?

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/3/7599/z7599223X.jpg

Also hindu people (especially immigrants from India) will have their own temple, so Warsaw is becoming more interesting place. In the end of August there is a festival of different cultures and immigrants, I'll also post the photos.

http://warszawa.gazeta.pl/warszawa/5...35883.html?i=1
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #44
euromerican

Quote:
History of church in America is completely different than in Europe, because in US since the beginning there was freedom of religion, in Europe church was ruling. It's the most important thing, I think. And in America small protestant churches have really engaged members. In Poland for many people going to church is rather only tradition. I don't know any person, who pray before dinner, what is popular in US. So more possible is that Poland will be similar to Ireland or Portugal, not to US.

According to Muslims - have you seen the new mosque, which is now being built in Warsaw for 10 000 believers?

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/3/7599/z7599223X.jpg

Also hindu people (especially immigrants from India) will have their own temple, so Warsaw is becoming more interesting place. In the end of August there is a festival of different cultures and immigrants, I'll also post the photos.

http://warszawa.gazeta.pl/warszawa/5...35883.html?i=1
Ireland and Portugal are fine examples, modern but still quite traditional. And please post pictures from the festival, I would like to see those.
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #45
ja_kubek2
User

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromerican View Post
2. Sex education in Poland is fine. Trust me, I live in the United States and our sex-ed is waaaaaaaaaay behind yours. You learn about anti-conception.
it show, that you know nothing about sexual education in poland. i still go to school in poland and i had only 2 (!) lessons about this. one lesson was only for girls (i don't know what they did) and on second lesson teacher said about illnesses (HIV, AIDS etc). and nothing mouch. so i thing that isn't sufficient.
ja_kubek2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #46
Flawerwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja_kubek2 View Post
it show, that you know nothing about sexual education in poland. i still go to school in poland and i had only 2 (!) lessons about this. one lesson was only for girls (i don't know what they did) and on second lesson teacher said about illnesses (HIV, AIDS etc). and nothing mouch. so i thing that isn't sufficient.
You had a bad teacher, because I learnt about all anti-conception methods and abortion.

Ireland is even more conservative than Poland, because they have more strict law about abortion and even... divorces. I heard that it's really hard to get diverce in Ireland.

To end this off-topic I must say, that Poland isn't really bad, because my generation is much different that our parents. I bet that Poland for ten years will be a very nice place to live. I'll post photos of the festival of course after the event. Next time I'll focus on crowd on the streets, because it's the weakest part of my photos - I must admit that I usually show empty pavements. And of course new buildings - in June started construction of 160 metres skyscraper and I must take photo of the new temples, when they will be finished.
Old June 19th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #47
rychlik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6603

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromerican View Post
1. What other religious lessons do you want? How to be a good Muslim? Please!

2. Sex education in Poland is fine. Trust me, I live in the United States and our sex-ed is waaaaaaaaaay behind yours. You learn about anti-conception. What more do you want?

3. As for in vitro fertilization: I agree, the Church should stay out of that. It's a personal choice and gives a woman that wants a baby hope. I think this will change in Poland tho.

4. "Antisemitism among priests is nothing special. A priests in my aunt's village refused coming to dieing person because... the priest didn't want to damage his expensive car (the road was bad)."

That's ant-semitic? And just caus that preist was an ass, all preists are? There are THOUSANDS of good priests that would do anything to help others. They go on missions to third world countries, give money to parishioners in need, and fight for the community. There are always gunna be rotten apples in a basket, so don't say "all preists are bad, selfish, and rape little boys", because that shows your uneducated and ignorant.

5. If you have a problem with your taxes going to religious education then why do you live in a country that is uber-Catholic? Seriously, move to Sweden where your taxes will go towards abortions, "intergrating" immigrants from the Middle East, and paying for their 10 children each to attend Muslim daycares. You choice
Excellent points. I always say this that Poles do not know how lucky they really are. I just wish Poland (and Canada too) would get better in soccer.

NOW, concerning the Muslim mosque (which is also a cultural center) and the Hindu temple: I hope this is not a sign of things to come. This is how this c'rap starts. One temple here, another one there. Before you know it you are France or Germany or worse- Londonistan How do Poles feel about full on immigration? To the best of my knowledge, Poland is not encouraging immigration into their country and they are not yet a refugee country.

Last edited by rychlik; June 19th, 2010 at 06:28 PM.
rychlik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #48
Flawerwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychlik View Post
Excellent points. I always say this that Poles do not know how lucky they really are. I just wish Poland (and Canada too) would get better in soccer.

NOW, concerning the Muslim mosque (which is also a cultural center) and the Hindu temple: I hope this is not a sign of things to come. This is how this c'rap starts. One temple here, another one there. Before you know it you are France or Germany or worse- Londonistan How do Poles feel about full on immigration? To the best of my knowledge, Poland is not encouraging immigration into their country and they are not yet a refugee country.
Poland is a refugee country for Chechen people, because according to new EU law refugees can stay in the first country, which they come into. Poland is on the eastern border of EU... And now Warsaw is full of Vietnamese immigrants.
Polish law isn't liberal for immigrants, but situation will have to change, because of decline of population and more retired people. I heard that Muslim League is going to build mosques also in Poznań and Łódź, they have just bought a ground and project. Another mosque is being built in Białystok.
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:51 AM   #49
Elvenking

Likes (Received): 2579

I don't think that beeing religious, patriotic and conservative is something to be ashamed of so mark, that these opinions are yours, not everybody agrees.

And... wasn't this thread about pics of Warsaw?
Elvenking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 07:18 AM   #50
euromerican

Quote:
Poland is a refugee country for Chechen people, because according to new EU law refugees can stay in the first country, which they come into. Poland is on the eastern border of EU... And now Warsaw is full of Vietnamese immigrants.
Polish law isn't liberal for immigrants, but situation will have to change, because of decline of population and more retired people. I heard that Muslim League is going to build mosques also in Poznań and Łódź, they have just bought a ground and project. Another mosque is being built in Białystok.
You just seem waaaaaaaaaay to happy about all of this! Do me a favor and leave Tarnobrzeg and spend a month in London (and not tourist London, but where people really live). The moment you come back to Poland you will kiss the ground!
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #51
Jedrzej

Likes (Received): 321

Quote:
I must say that I thought the same as you few years ago. That Poland should be more multiethnic etc. But then I went to the UK for long holidays after matura and saw that it's not that nice. These people are very different from us and they do not really have positive influence on the society. Instead they try to highlight that they are the best in everything while mostly they are very uneducated people. It's quite hard to put it into words. I think that Poland should be open for Ukrainians, Belarussians or other people from Europe but not really for people from India or Pakistan.

And about mosque in Białystok. It is not made for arabs but for tatars - people who live in this land for centuries and for me it's peferctly ok.
Jedrzej no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #52
Herbie Fully Loaded
מיץ תפוזים

Likes (Received): 24

More pics, please!
Herbie Fully Loaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:29 AM   #53
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:
You exagerate. I was in Warsaw in '07. Saw only a few Vietnamese and Asians + one African lady. Immigrants have not yet taken over Warsaw. Come to Toronto and see real multiculturalism. You seem suspiciously a little too "mosque happy". Why?
I think most Poles that left for England will eventually come back. This is one way for Poland not to become a refugee/immigrant nation and actually produce children so the culture does not start dying out. Be responsible.
NOTE: one of the safest and most productive societies in the world is the Japanese society. Funny enough their country does not allow full scale immigration from Africa/South East Asia. Can you explain why? Maybe they are smarter than Europeans
Feel free to show us ethnic neighbourhoods in Warsaw.
Old June 21st, 2010, 03:29 PM   #54
Jedrzej

Likes (Received): 321

I don't know how it is about Japan, but isn't it because they literally don't have enough space? There is far too much people at the moment there, so I guess that they simply can't find space for new ones.
Jedrzej no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:21 AM   #55
rychlik
BANNED

Absolutely not true. Japan currently has one of the fastest declining populations in the world. Also they're one of the oldest nations, as in they have a lot of seniors living longer than ever before. If there are other nationalities working there, then they are other Asian groups. I believe Islam is almost non-existent in Japan. They know mixing would not work so they do not bother. They're smarter I guess.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 04:26 AM   #56
euromerican

Quote:

Absolutely not true. Japan currently has one of the fastest declining populations in the world. Also they're one of the oldest nations, as in they have a lot of seniors living longer than ever before. If there are other nationalities working there, then they are other Asian groups. I believe Islam is almost non-existent in Japan. They know mixing would not work so they do not bother. They're smarter I guess.
100% true. That's why Japanese art, food, culture, etc. is so different than that of the rest of the world. It's not ruined by outside influences. They never wanted immigrants, still don't, and never will. Heck, good for them!
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #57
Flawerwell

Quote:
You exagerate. I was in Warsaw in '07. Saw only a few Vietnamese and Asians + one African lady. Immigrants have not yet taken over Warsaw.
This year in downtown I was passing Asian person per each 5 minutes. I dont know which part of Warsaw you visited. And were you on Jarmark Europa?
Old July 14th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #58
Deo
You know...

Likes (Received): 439

Quote:
BTW, 17th of July in Warsaw will be Europride (European LGBT parade, each year in different city) so I'll also took some photos. Of course all people are welcome to have some fun
I'm not against gays and lesbians, but the name of this 'show' is too much 4me ...

PS - 'Our EuroPride will be held 09-18 July 2010 in Warsaw. It will be the first, and probably the biggest, EuroPride in Eastern Europe (Warsaw - Cental Europe!!!!!!! - Deo) ever. Our motto is “Liberty, Equality, Tolerance”.'

Program:

9 July - Official Opening of the EuroPride 2010
2 July - Opening of the Film Festival
9 - 18 July - "Ars Homo Erotica". For the first time in Poland. Exhibition at the National Museum
2 - 18 July - Film Festival
9 - 18 July - Pride House
9 - 18 July - Exhibitions
15 July - Boy George DJ's in M25
15 July - Trade Unions Conference OPZZ
15 - 16 July - 3rd International GLBT Business Leader Forum
16 July - L-World
16 July - Press conference with the participation of politicians
16 July - London Gay Men's Chorus and Stockholm Gaykör concert - Sala Kongresowa (Palace of Culture and Science - Congress Hall)
16 July - Hiacynt Tolerance Award - Gala
17 July - Parade
17 July - Official after parade concert
16-18 July - Pride Park (family picnic begins on Friday and lasts until Sunday)
http://www.gayguidepoland.pl/europri...FQM9ZgodjlxWdA

Last edited by Deo; July 15th, 2010 at 02:50 AM.
Deo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #59
Flawerwell

THIS WEEKEND WARSAW WAS REALLY LIVELY!

First EuroPride in Central&Eastern Europe took place in Warsaw 17th July 2010. I must admit that I was a little bit scared. But everything was better than I expected. My lovely city never disappointed me

Before parade there was many connected events. I caught some pictures of lively Warsaw (no more empty streets like in my recent pictures!). So, welcome in a 1-week gay capital of Europe.

One view on downtown. I very like this picture - it shows colourful and happy face of the city.

One day before parade there was organised a dance lesson for homosexual couples. It was held on Krakowskie Przedmieście (main representative street).

The weather was very hot. City extended some water for everyone who wants to cool.

Next there was a free walking with a guide to visit all important to LGBT people places in Warsaw and get to know about famous Polish gays as a writers Jarosław Iwaszkiewicz, Witold Gombrowicz or Maria Konopnicka.

Of course it's almost impossible to visit Warsaw without meeting monumental architecture - that's I love there.

The city grows everyday.

Most popular gay club, but very hard to enter (extremely strict door police) - many Polish celebrities boast of going there.

Next walking was organised by Jewish communisty in Warsaw and it was about connection between homophobia and antisemitism. In the photo: the only synagogue in Warsaw, which survived 2nd world war.

For the end of the day in a cultural centre there was organised a sabbath supper with a free entry.

Last edited by Flawerwell; July 20th, 2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #60
Flawerwell

The route of the parade was perfect to see the heart of communist architecture in Warsaw - so-called "District of Ministries". But firstly:

The weather was very very hot. The parade had about 10 000 participants. There was of course also some protests with about 100 participants. In a parade took part left-wing politicians and some famous people. Thousands of Warsaw's inhabitants were staying on a parade's route and smiling, taking photos or greeting us.

The parade starts near Blue Skyscraper - one of the first skyscrapers in Warsaw. Before this building there was a Great Synagogue (demolished by Nazis).

A professor from Polish Academy of Sciences and his wife.

Many people were waving and greeting from windows and balconies.

Architecture of "District of Ministries"

Socialist-realist "Grand Hotel" - an exclusive hotel (during communist regime) for politicians and foreign (mostly from USSR) guests. Now also hotel.

Ministry of Agriculture

The end of parade on Constitution Square. During all day was only one accident - some right-wing extremists were throwing eggs - they were fastly arrested by police. The reactions of ordinary people were much more better than I expected. Warsaw can be proud!

Tomorrow I'll show very lively Old Town during Sunday smooth weather.

Last edited by Flawerwell; July 20th, 2010 at 01:36 AM.