daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 9th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #2281
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

It has three setbacks.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #2282
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Ironic that this was slated to be the tallest in NYC and this will end up being the 3rd tallest just in Midtown after 432 and 107.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #2283
NYCrulz
America started it all !!

Likes (Received): 2373

Right now I'm thinking "this is the end of the world".
I think Mr. Barnett ed to us...

Patel Patik liked this post
NYCrulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #2284
McSky

Likes (Received): 1875

I'm surprised by the height reduction, although I realize it hasn't been made official yet, and that all the considerations Extell has in mind are not known to us.

Since the highest occupied floor was initially slated for 1550', if the reduction information turns out to be accurate, this tower has been reduced by at least 333' from the first DOB filings (new "height" is supposedly 1217', not including the crown). Those 333' feet could easily represent 16-18 floors of ultra luxury apartments, which might sell for a total of $600 million or more, and would add to the overall cachet of the building as something special.

IF the reduction is confirmed, either financing was an issue, or something about building to 1550' (plus mechanicals and a possible crown/spire) didn't make economic sense.
McSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #2285
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4484

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
The black clad, angled building directly to One57's left is just over 700 feet tall for reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Cityspire, the tower with the rounded top and whitish/silvery facade is around 840 feet.
thanks for the replies, but i literally mean the low rise buildings next door!

MarshallKnight liked this post
iamtheSTIG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #2286
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3585

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSky View Post
IF the reduction is confirmed, either financing was an issue, or something about building to 1550' (plus mechanicals and a possible crown/spire) didn't make economic sense.
As I already noted over at the 107 w. 57 thread after the news that they've upped that tower to 1350 ft., I'm having a little snark about this rumored reduction. Barnett was looking to have potentially the tallest tower to roof in NYC, and now he's going to have to settle for 3rd place on this street alone.
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #2287
N.Y.C.H

Likes (Received): 407

Is there a possibility James was talking about 107? He talked about greenish cladding with black lines, and 107 looks to have a greenish with black lines

Patel Patik, IheartSKYSCRAPERS liked this post
N.Y.C.H no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #2288
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Y.C.H View Post
Is there a possibility James was talking about 107? He talked about greenish cladding with black lines, and 107 looks to have a greenish with black lines
I wish that were the case but I'm afraid it's not because James said his friend the "source" works at Extell.

The black lines you are referring to with 107's new design are the lines indicating the "stair case like" set backs on the south facing façade of the tower.

N.Y.C.H, Patel Patik liked this post
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #2289
N.Y.C.H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
I wish that were the case but I'm afraid it's not because James said his friend the "source" works at Extell.

The black lines you are referring to with 107's new design are the lines indicating the "stair case like" set backs on the south facing façade of the tower.
It was just a guess, but your probally right.

Old September 9th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #2290
JamesDL

Likes (Received): 37

Good afternoon all,

this morning I talked to my colleague once again, because I myself got a bit euphoric, mostly because of having read the last pages of this very thread and especially the awesome news about 107/111 West 57th Street.
So I asked him some questions about a possible height / design change, and his answer was that at this moment a new redesign is very unlikely, as the renderings are pretty much final. According to him, Extell won't do another redesign so close to a done deal. Of course everything's possible but he doesn't believe that the height increase of 107W/111W will influence Extell's decision at all.

Now having two towers (111 West and 432 Park Avenue) eclipsing my favourite project in town makes me a bit less euphoric. Like you, I can't help myself thinking why on earth Mr. Barnett wouldn't go for the 1550' figure.

I'll try to stay on top of this and will post every little news I come across. Maybe, if we are very, very lucky, Gary changes his mind in the very last moment. A man can dream right?

Have a nice evening all,

Regards,
James.

Eric Offereins liked this post
JamesDL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #2291
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDL View Post
Good afternoon all,

this morning I talked to my colleague once again, because I myself got a bit euphoric, mostly because of having read the last pages of this very thread and especially the awesome news about 107/111 West 57th Street.
So I asked him some questions about a possible height / design change, and his answer was that at this moment a new redesign is very unlikely, as the renderings are pretty much final. According to him, Extell won't do another redesign so close to a done deal. Of course everything's possible but he doesn't believe that the height increase of 107W/111W will influence Extell's decision at all.

Now having two towers (111 West and 432 Park Avenue) eclipsing my favourite project in town makes me a bit less euphoric. Like you, I can't help myself thinking why on earth Mr. Barnett wouldn't go for the 1550' figure.

I'll try to stay on top of this and will post every little news I come across. Maybe, if we are very, very lucky, Gary changes his mind in the very last moment. A man can dream right?

Have a nice evening all,

Regards,
James.
Yeah, that ain't gonna happen no more.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #2292
N.Y.C.H

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDL View Post
Good afternoon all,

Have a nice evening all,

Regards,
James.
Thanks for the Info, is it still planned for renderings by the end of the month? Very exciting as there is only around 3 weeks left in september to finally get renderings of this will be great!

Old September 10th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #2293
rencharles
We will never forget

Likes (Received): 93

He (Bernett) is so stupid that 220 CPS will obstruct half the views of this building (Since 220 CPS may have around 800-1000 FT according speculation). The problem is his. People will prefer to buy a residence in the "top of the world" at 107 West 57th with nothing to obstruct your view. Anyway... I still have a feeling that this could be built taller (although I know it is an illusion), but now I hope to be epic design to match the cutting height.

Last edited by rencharles; September 10th, 2013 at 07:06 AM.
rencharles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #2294
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rencharles View Post
He (Bernett) is so stupid that 220 CPS will obstruct half the views of this building (Since 220 CPS may have around 800-1000 FT according speculation). The problem is his. People will prefer to buy a residence in the "top of the world" at 107 West 57th with nothing to obstruct your view. Anyway... I still have a feeling that this could be built taller (although I know it is an illusion), but now I hope to be epic design to match the cutting height.
I don't think so. I speculate that Barnett and Vornado made a deal about where their towers will be situated and concluded that 220 CPS will sit as Far East as possible and Nordstrom will sit as far west as possible. Barnett would not have agreed to close his garage absent such a deal.

rencharles liked this post
Old September 10th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #2295
Vertical_Gotham

CTBUH database now lists:
http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/new-...-street/14269/

225 W 57 as 1253 ft with 88 floors and 223 units.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Old September 10th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #2296
RobertWalpole
BANNED

We should change it here to 1,253 too.
Old September 10th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #2297
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
We should change it here to 1,253 too.
i have sent the request to change the height before already, but no reply yet.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #2298
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Likes (Received): 6558

Let's wait and see the official press release before changing anything.

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.” Thomas Jefferson
"We Shall Never Surrender." Winston Churchill
“Not all those who wander are lost.” J.R.R. Tolkien
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." Oscar Wilde
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

L.A.F.2. liked this post
JohnFlint1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 04:44 AM   #2299
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

hopefully it doesn't get any shorter
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #2300
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Our mole, James, said the project has been largely finalized, so it's unlikely to be shorter.

Tags
217 west 57th street, 225 west 57th street, central park south, cps, extell, new york, nordstrom tower, nyc, supertall