daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #1081
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki24 View Post
This is quite literally the most idiotic thing I have ever read on the entire internet. Bravo. I'm actually proud of you in a strange way.

Work, family, friends, cost of living? None of these things matter in your choice of city, right? Only skyscrapers. Good god.

OT: The developer seemed pretty adamant about having this building be tallest by roof height in an article a few pages back, so I wouldn't count on a large parapet. Regardless, this thing is going to change the skyline so drastically it will make people's heads spin!
Who rattled your cage? Luckily, I do not care what you think. Also, I am neither going to expand upon my ideas nor enter into a conversation with you given your obnoxious and condescending response

Last edited by aquablue; December 26th, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #1082
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
This is quite literally the most idiotic thing I have ever read on the entire internet. Bravo. I'm actually proud of you in a strange way.

Work, family, friends, cost of living? None of these things matter in your choice of city, right? Only skyscrapers. Good god.

OT: The developer seemed pretty adamant about having this building be tallest by roof height in an article a few pages back, so I wouldn't count on a large parapet. Regardless, this thing is going to change the skyline so drastically it will make people's heads spin!
Hmm I think he's saying, moving to a city just for the tall buildings is unreasonable. Unless you're into skyscrapers. He didn't say "skyscrapers are the only reason why people should move to the city".
Old December 27th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #1083
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
Hmm I think he's saying, moving to a city just for the tall buildings is unreasonable. Unless you're into skyscrapers. He didn't say "skyscrapers are the only reason why people should move to the city".
Old December 27th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #1084
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Quote:
Regardless, this thing is going to change the skyline so drastically it will make people's heads spin!
It won't be good for ones neck for sure.

Highcliff liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #1085
comet the cat
Too tall is not an option

Likes (Received): 85

This one is going to be massive, 470 meters is huge. All I hop eis that the design matches the height.
Old December 30th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #1086
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

I want to use this thread to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

2013 is going to be a pretty exciting year for a New York skyscraper enthusiast. One57, 1715 Broadway, 1 and 4WTC are going to be completed. 432 PA will make its mark on the skyline by the end of the year and take New Yorkers and the general public by surprise.

Then we have 225 W 57th St which is going to trump them all. If we are lucky we could see this one rising by summer.

The Hudson Yards are finally in the game. The South Tower will be U/C soon with the North Tower awaiting some tenants. Once the first towers rise from the ground, the momentum will be unstoppable.

3WTC will get a tenant so construction can resume. 2WTC will be still on hold but after the green light for 3WTC, Silverstein will be determined to get things done.

Several frozen projects (such as 99 Church, 50 West, 610 Lexington etc) will be coming back to life. About a dozen 200m+ and 300m+ skyscrapers are ready for construction.

If everything goes according to plan, we could witness the biggest skyscraper boom New York has had since the 30's. My guess is we are already in the middle of it ...

All in all it will be a great year! Exciting times are ahead of us!

Cheers!
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #1087
crawford

Likes (Received): 4

Once Hudson Yards and Grand Central really get going, the skyline will be incredible, and totally unmatched.

But 57th Street should be a very important corridor too. I think 225 W57 and 432 Park are really the beginnings of a supertall boom here.

You have so many sites along 57th that can accomodate supertalls, and I think we'll hear about more towers along this corridor in the coming year. Extell owns land, Solow owns land, and these developers don't play around.
crawford no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 12:15 AM   #1088
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

the one thing i dont understand and hope someone can explain is the midtown east rezoning.. like what does that mean..or like what will come out of that? i know taller buildings but like how tall? and would it be a lot? or just a few? lol

1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 12:25 AM   #1089
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post

2013 is going to be a pretty exciting year for a New York skyscraper enthusiast. One57, 1715 Broadway, 1 and 4WTC are going to be completed. 432 PA will make its mark on the skyline by the end of the year and take New Yorkers and the general public by surprise.

Then we have 225 W 57th St which is going to trump them all. If we are lucky we could see this one rising by summer.

The Hudson Yards are finally in the game. The South Tower will be U/C soon with the North Tower awaiting some tenants. Once the first towers rise from the ground, the momentum will be unstoppable.

3WTC will get a tenant so construction can resume. 2WTC will be still on hold but after the green light for 3WTC, Silverstein will be determined to get things done.

Several frozen projects (such as 99 Church, 50 West, 610 Lexington etc) will be coming back to life. About a dozen 200m+ and 300m+ skyscrapers are ready for construction.

If everything goes according to plan, we could witness the biggest skyscraper boom New York has had since the 30's. My guess is we are already in the middle of it ...

Cheers!
Let's not put the cart before the horse. It is all very exciting, but I prefer to wait until the steel is rising before rushing into a state of euphoria Nothing is a sure thing until the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:16 AM   #1090
crawford

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Filipe1 View Post
the one thing i dont understand and hope someone can explain is the midtown east rezoning.. like what does that mean..or like what will come out of that? i know taller buildings but like how tall? and would it be a lot? or just a few? lol
The Midtown East rezoning covers most of Midtown east of 5th Ave.

There would be no height limits in the rezoning, so there could be potentially many supertalls, but we'll have to wait and see.
crawford no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:04 AM   #1091
nycfann1

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post

Cheers!
Don't forget 56 Leonard which is already UC and will bolster the skyline downtown with a unique design.
nycfann1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 04:19 PM   #1092
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28124

2013 will be a great year for construction in NY.

happy new year to all of you.

Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 04:31 PM   #1093
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Good to see all those projects in that post, NY never sleeps.

tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 05:25 AM   #1094
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
Good to see all those projects in that post, NY never sleeps.
The never sleep part isn't really true lol
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:39 AM   #1095
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
The never sleep part isn't really true lol
Well, we are not simpletons.

However, it is true figuratively.

However, Toronto is certainly more awake when you look at n. american boom towns right now.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:49 AM   #1096
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

According to the 2 Jan 2013, WSJ, Extell just sold the retail in the Carlton House on Madison for nearly $300m. This is part of its asset liquidation price, which presumably is to build an equity stake for financing 225 W 57th.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:11 AM   #1097
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Lol, I'm sure if I go back through all the pages there is going to be a post asking/looking/mentioning for the render.....kinda like this one.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:17 PM   #1098
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

Wow this is a nice surprise! Can't believe New York is building something as tall as the ICC, and to the roof! I remember when I started this thread back in 2010... we were just glad if it'd hit the 300 m mark. Yeah there was some speculation about the height being greater than One57 but still, 472 is totally off the charts (in a good way)!

I've been away for some time but it seems like New York is just doing fine. Looks like I'm going to need some days to go through all the threads.

Certainly looks like a boom to me here.

It's good to be back.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1099
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Glad to have you back HK! Hope all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
According to the 2 Jan 2013, WSJ, Extell just sold the retail in the Carlton House on Madison for nearly $300m. This is part of its asset liquidation price, which presumably is to build an equity stake for financing 225 W 57th.
Just to piggy back of this, and I'm sure RW is aware of this, but Extell also sold their their stake in the Riverside Center development for $70M about 3 weeks ago. I imagine this gets moving in some capacity sooner rather than later.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:04 PM   #1100
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

Welcome back HK! Where ya been?

Tags
217 west 57th street, 225 west 57th street, central park south, cps, extell, new york, nordstrom tower, nyc, supertall