daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 29th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #1581
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Yeah, I can see this one rise just after Tower Verre.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #1582
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I see there's still no design for the public's eye to see

Btw, have they finished removing asbestos from the lowrise they are about to tear down on this site?
Old March 30th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #1583
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Ok this is slightly off topic but I have to say this interiors are truly beyond awesome
Indeed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
I agree and btw, if that happens i will join you!

Seriously though, i think there is a good possibility Gary builds this to 500m if he can get the air rights.

Either way i'm happy with 1600 + ft if the crown will push it up to this or even if it stays at 1550.

The tallest building i ever saw was the willis tower and its magnificant!! It would just be nice to have a skyscraper pushing over 470m gracing our magnificent skyline.
Yes, I think the maximum height we can expect for this building would be a little bit over 500 meters, 510 - 520.

There is a chance it gets about 550 meters, in an scenario on what they want to make this the absolutely taller building in New York and the U.S. (over the 1776 spire antenna of the 1WTC) But in that case I do think they will use a sharp-spire-like crown, similar to those in Jim Mao or PingAn IFC (or Chrishler or ESB if you want)
I guess that way he won't need any more air rights, since it is a decorative and non habitable architectural element. I know he said he won't use a spire to reach the height of 472 meters, but he can use one to get way beyond that mark, as I said, that is in the case he wants to beat 1WTC to spire/antenna height.
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #1584
Kanto
Roof height crusader

In my opinion Gary said that this won't have a spire at all. The roof height of this building will be its pinnacle height in my opinion, as to how tall that'll be that remains to be seen. 472 meters are the occupied height to the top occupied floor, however there can still be mech floors and semi mech floor mech equipment above this. In my opinion we can expect a height of approximately 500 meters because 28 meters feel to me just about right for the top occupied floor, some mech floors and some mech equipment like HVAC cooling towers. Though that are just my 2 cents

Btw, for comparison 432 Park has an occupied height of 397 meters but a roof height of 426 meters. That's a 29 meter difference
Old March 30th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #1585
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

^ yes. this is my hope this reaches 500m minimum with the mech floor and crown & if Gary can purchase more air rights like he has mentioned.... Stay tuned!

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #1586
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
In my opinion Gary said that this won't have a spire at all. The roof height of this building will be its pinnacle height in my opinion, as to how tall that'll be that remains to be seen. 472 meters are the occupied height to the top occupied floor, however there can still be mech floors and semi mech floor mech equipment above this. In my opinion we can expect a height of approximately 500 meters because 28 meters feel to me just about right for the top occupied floor, some mech floors and some mech equipment like HVAC cooling towers. Though that are just my 2 cents

Btw, for comparison 432 Park has an occupied height of 397 meters but a roof height of 426 meters. That's a 29 meter difference
Wow, I didn't realize the top was so huge. That puts 1WTC still on top for HOC. That is, until 225 West 57th, 1 Vanderbilt, and possibly HY North and GiraSole surpass it.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1587
æthær

Likes (Received): 37

This will have a massive impact on the skyline of NYC anyway. Therefore to me, an awesome design appears way more important than additional height. I absolutely don't want an ugly height ***** in the center of New York. Although skyscrapers are all about height, all these speculations of the exact height have gotten kinda annoying. So please, let's stop having a discussion whether this could be megatall (hell no, it won't!) every tenth comment or so.

Besides, I don't think that this will be taller than the 1WTC. I can imagine that the structural height of the 1WTC will be the INOFFICIAL limit for NYC for the next decades.
æthær no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #1588
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

If this doesn't (and probably won't) reach 1,792 feet, then 1 Vanderbilt probably will with a spire, antenna, crown, etc., as several future projections I've seen of NY have it even taller than this one.

Kanto liked this post
Old March 30th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #1589
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
Wow, I didn't realize the top was so huge. That puts 1WTC still on top for HOC. That is, until 225 West 57th, 1 Vanderbilt, and possibly HY North and GiraSole surpass it.
Not exactly. 1WTC's highest occupied floor is at 382 meters. All that is above this are mech floors, which are not considered occupied, well, at least according to CTBUH
Old March 30th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #1590
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

True. I should have said highest floor to clarify. I really don't see a floor's purpose as a significant difference, but this is the CTBUH we're dealing with, haha.
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #1591
Kanto
Roof height crusader

That's true. A mech floor is still a floor. I'd say even the interior of a cooling tower is still a floor if its accessible interior has a roof and is big enough (like the huge cooling towers on 1WTC), but the CTBUH loves to make an infinite number of cathegories, LOL
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #1592
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Hahaha, if we wanted to get that technical, the window washing track would count.
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #1593
Kanto
Roof height crusader

That one doesn't have a roof, LOL

But I guess it is enough to say that which floors are considered occupied and which aren't is as controversial as most of the CTBUH rules
Old March 30th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #1594
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
That one doesn't have a roof, LOL

But I guess it is enough to say that which floors are considered occupied and which aren't is as controversial as most of the CTBUH rules
Ehh, CTBUH's rules are ridiculous. There is no way that 1 WTC is taller then this, with its thin antennae.

Kanto liked this post

Last edited by iloveclassicrock7; March 30th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:25 AM   #1595
usafarid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

at what time we will see the rendering of this tower ???
usafarid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:31 AM   #1596
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22539

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafarid View Post
if i were to guess i would say sometime between now and 2015
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:32 AM   #1597
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

I hope they don't wait as long as with One57.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:07 AM   #1598
usafarid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
I hope they don't wait as long as with One57.
according to you , maybe in april !!!!
usafarid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:37 AM   #1599
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
My bet is once digging starts. That will be after the last old lowrise is gone
Old March 31st, 2013, 02:41 AM   #1600
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
My guess is sometime in the future
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
217 west 57th street, 225 west 57th street, central park south, cps, extell, new york, nordstrom tower, nyc, supertall