daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:06 PM   #181
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Likes (Received): 6385

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn2000 View Post
its nice to see a city going green..biking is a good form of exercise and does not pollute.
One thing i've noticed though - helmet is not required as shown in the photos.
here, it is 'cause one time my brother was fined for not wearing one, he forgot his
and cops here are seldomly seen in the streets which is a case of bad timing for my bro.
Hi there - helmets are indeed not required as that would make a lot of people stop biking as it would mess up hair ( and have you drag a helmet with you ) and require people to wash or ajust before work or social events..

We had 21 cycklist deaths in 2012 in the entire country - so statistically you are more likely to be murdered than die on your bike ( risk are extremely slim for both ) and helmets would at most have saved 2 of those, so it is as it should be: voluntary..

Last edited by FREKI; January 23rd, 2013 at 01:56 PM.
FREKI no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:36 PM   #182
openlyJane
Human Being

Likes (Received): 43431

Copenhagen has now come firmly onto my radar, and on to my 'to visit' list - since there are now flights direct from Liverpool Airport.
openlyJane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:59 PM   #183
Anachronistic

Likes (Received): 6

Copenhagen is looking as awesome in your pics. as it does IRL. Mange tak for billederne, Freki.

FREKI liked this post

Last edited by Anachronistic; January 23rd, 2013 at 07:10 PM.
Anachronistic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:28 PM   #184
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1337

Well done, mate! You've done the city justice. Now I have to go visit.

FREKI liked this post
diz está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #185
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

FREKI, it's your good friend here visiting your thread for the first time, and let me tell you just a few words about your photo collection:

Copenhagen, through your eyes and lens, is simply magnificent and breathtaking! I just couldn't imagine a capital city filled with neatly-arranged buildings that are nearly the same height, with colorful exteriors, lots of shops, hundreds of cyclists, long canals, tons of boats, a myriad of buses, wide streets and sidewalks... Phew, the list can go on and on, and your city looks truly fantastic! No wonder many, many people would love to go to your city, and Copenhagen is now on my must-visit cities list. I find your city to be clean, efficient, environmentally-friendly, very sociable... Too many good things that I can think of that San Francisco shares quite a lot of! And I'm happy to tell you that I can visit your place with a nonstop flight from here to your place starting April, making the journey quicker and more relaxing.

Excellent shots, mate! That's what photography is indeed all about! With that, I'll tell you: I'm definitely looking forward to your next photo set!

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

FREKI liked this post

Last edited by fieldsofdreams; January 24th, 2013 at 07:20 PM.
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:50 AM   #186
MilbertDavid

Likes (Received): 318

a very lovely city - the beautiful and well-maintained old buildings and the pedestrian-friendly streets. Indeed, a perfect place to spend a holiday.
MilbertDavid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #187
ZeroStad

Likes (Received): 1

I visited this city 1 month ago, and I liked it very much.

FREKI liked this post
ZeroStad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2014, 02:58 PM   #188
skymantle

Likes (Received): 3166

Does anyone else watch this show called 'Clown' forgot what it is in Danish. It's set in Copenhagen and is about this guy that always puts his foot in it, satirical and funny imho, often leaving me in stitches.

FREKI liked this post
skymantle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 09:19 AM   #189
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymantle View Post
Does anyone else watch this show called 'Clown' forgot what it is in Danish. It's set in Copenhagen and is about this guy that always puts his foot in it, satirical and funny imho, often leaving me in stitches.
It's called "Klovn" in Danish ( meaning "Clown" )..

I'm pretty surprised it made it outside our borders - such fairly dark Danish humour is typically even too much for the Norwegians - personally I like it a lot and have the series and movie ( if you haven't seen the movie you should - it's pretty great )

I'd be very curious as to where you have seen the show and if it was on TV ( dubbed or with subtitles? )

skymantle liked this post
FREKI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:13 PM   #190
skymantle

Likes (Received): 3166

SBS TV Channels in Australia...public-owned free-to-air channels with a cutting edge documentary, world sport (Tour de France, Champions League etc) and multicultural program focus...very, very good channels. An excellent alternative to the free-to-air commercial channels garbage we are saturated with. SBS and the 'traditional' public broadcaster ABC are brilliant.

Klovn is great.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...hts-mon-feb-17

We also have crime dramas from Denmark which are very popular.
http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video...ild-Of-Denmark

Here is a typical day's viewing on SBS.
http://www.sbs.com.au/guide/

Actually there was also a funny series that played on SBS from Norway...but forgot what it's called now. It's about an American gangster who goes into hiding to a quiet Norwegian village and the machinations which develop there.

All programs are subtitled, never dubbed.
skymantle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #191
Bristol Mike
Rain + Cold = England

Likes (Received): 2373

Super sunny summer shots of Copenhagen. This city really is beautiful!

2DAY IN BRISTOL * LONDON * TOWNS & CITIES OF ENGLAND & WALES * CITIES OF SPAIN * MADRID

My Instagram

FREKI liked this post
Bristol Mike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 07:11 PM   #192
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymantle View Post
SBS TV Channels in Australia...public-owned free-to-air channels with a cutting edge documentary, world sport (Tour de France, Champions League etc) and multicultural program focus...very, very good channels. An excellent alternative to the free-to-air commercial channels garbage we are saturated with. SBS and the 'traditional' public broadcaster ABC are brilliant.

Klovn is great.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...hts-mon-feb-17

We also have crime dramas from Denmark which are very popular.
http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video...ild-Of-Denmark

Here is a typical day's viewing on SBS.
http://www.sbs.com.au/guide/

Actually there was also a funny series that played on SBS from Norway...but forgot what it's called now. It's about an American gangster who goes into hiding to a quiet Norwegian village and the machinations which develop there.

All programs are subtitled, never dubbed.
Great - I had no idea it aired outside the borders and certainly not in other continents

Tags
denmark, europe